KotZ

24: Mafia - Hour 1: 9am to 10am

17 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I assure you sir,  All moles found will be whacked with swift resolve and extreme prejudice. 

I like the sound of that. I smell a promotion in your future. 

14 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

A flyer? How old ARE you? No one reads stuff on paper anymore.

Yes, I like this plan. Blow stuff up is a good solution to most problems. GO GO GO! 

Suck it up cupcake. We don't have time for "potty breaks" or snacks or other nonsense. FIND THE MOLES and KILL THEM!

How young ARE you? Probably one of the hoodlums who use that wacky inner web or whatever. 

12 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

I think I FOUND A mole! Making a useless comment, just agreeing with others, on DAY ONE. Obvious SCUM PLOY!

7 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Well, LET'S VOTE! 

Vote: Alfred Drew (zepher)

Since he HASN'T SPOKEN UP yet. DARN IT!! 

poke... poke... POKE!... 

Oh and now your already making accusations and voting. You sir are no good trigger happy youngster. And for that I plan on your demotion in the future. (But a political vote for a certain you know who may make this incident slip my mind). 

Vote: Zip (mostlytechnic) 

Apologies all! Have been stuck in the analysis lab for the last... few minutes... or a day or so... you lose track of time in there! Should be more free to seriously analyze all that’s been said out here in another few minutes... or about six hours... oh why did I say that. Will take a quick glance over the transcripts right now and hopefully be able to get back unless the lab gets busy again. It’s work. Out of my hands.

15 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

I think I FOUND A mole! Making a useless comment, just agreeing with others, on DAY ONE. Obvious SCUM PLOY!

*pulls his glasses down the bridge of his nose and glares over them*

You are quick to point fingers my masked friend.

*pushes them back up*

The act of a Mole attempting to cast suspicion and deflect attention.   A textbook ploy of a double agent.  

Vote: Zip (Mostlytechnic)

Hm... did have a chance to analyze because it turns out there isn’t an awful lot to analyze yet, other than the disturbing fact we can’t go to the bathroom.

Objectively I don’t find Zip’s vote for me to be objectionable. With little to go on in this first hour attempting to draw someone out makes sense to me. That coupled with his accusation of finding a mole is, as the Senator says, a little more troubling. We can all see it was said in jest, over a jest, yes, but it stands out as the only jest that doubled as an accusation.

For now I reserve my vote, but at the moment fail to see any better alternatives. Perhaps someone else can mount a case against someone else? Zip?

3 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Oh and now your already making accusations and voting. You sir are no good trigger happy youngster. And for that I plan on your demotion in the future. (But a political vote for a certain you know who may make this incident slip my mind). 

Vote: Zip (mostlytechnic) 

And you'd prefer us to do what, exactly, senator? Sit on our hands and let the scum run the clock out? Zip's move wasn't particularly scummy. Pressure voting is a tactic I fully endorse, so the fact that you're seemingly trying to silence it comes off as suspect.

20 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Hm... did have a chance to analyze because it turns out there isn’t an awful lot to analyze yet, other than the disturbing fact we can’t go to the bathroom.

Objectively I don’t find Zip’s vote for me to be objectionable. With little to go on in this first hour attempting to draw someone out makes sense to me. That coupled with his accusation of finding a mole is, as the Senator says, a little more troubling. We can all see it was said in jest, over a jest, yes, but it stands out as the only jest that doubled as an accusation.

For now I reserve my vote, but at the moment fail to see any better alternatives. Perhaps someone else can mount a case against someone else? Zip?

If you had to vote for someone right now, who'd you vote for, Alfred? 

For now, I'm going to Vote: Senator Greene (Khscarymovie4), but this vote probably won't stick. Out of all the actions that have occurred, the Senator's feels the most suspicious, but that's not saying much.

13 hours ago, Bob said:

Well everyone, I think we should start the day by declaring what team we're on.

I am a member of the Town. What about everyone else? 

Hmm...I'm watching you janitor. 

Vote:Bob(Bob)

5 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

your already making accusations and voting

As Jason and Alfred pointed out, voting in order to prod someone into action is a legitimate strategy.

13 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

"Officer Skinner, head of CTU security"

It would say that even if you were a mole. Hmmmmm...

I'm going to prod Vote: Dr. James (Tariq j) into action.

All this roleplay has got me hungry. Let's check out the Cinnabon next door.

So there was this case involving three Vegas show girls and Senator <redacted> flew by helicopter to Mount St. Helens in order to <redacted> she took a parsnip and placed it in <redacted> left a bag of penguin dung in the Secretary of the Interior's office.  Seems relevant to our present situation.

===/===/===

As a firm non-believer in first day lynches, day 1 is always problematic for me.  I agree that a lynch can being useful to discern patterns later in the game (even as it is an acknowledged bad odds gamble), but with rule 13 in effect I am going to keep an open mind.  With that said, I am going to test a pet theory of mine to decide on my first day vote and I'll share my reasoning at that time; however I need more 'data' to make it work, so no definitive vote from me just yet.

4 minutes ago, jamesn said:

As Jason and Alfred pointed out, voting in order to prod someone into action is a legitimate strategy.

Not a bad idea.  Consider me on board for these wake-up calls:

vote: Riley Marshall, Analyst (jluck)

PS: @jamesn "the fabulous Officer Lewis?" :rofl:

Just now, Kwatchi said:

"the fabulous Officer Lewis?" :rofl:

I thought I'd made it clear enough but my shtick is I'm an out-of-place mall cop moonlighting as a drag queen.

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

Apologies all! Have been stuck in the analysis lab for the last... few minutes... or a day or so... you lose track of time in there! Should be more free to seriously analyze all that’s been said out here in another few minutes... or about six hours... oh why did I say that. Will take a quick glance over the transcripts right now and hopefully be able to get back unless the lab gets busy again. It’s work. Out of my hands.

Ah, yes, the usual. "I've been BUSY. I'll look around and TALK LATER." Not BUYING IT. 

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

*pushes them back up*

The act of a Mole attempting to cast suspicion and deflect attention.   A textbook ploy of a double agent.  

Yeah, us GO TEAM guys are used to quick action. Not like you congress critters that do nothing and spend all your time campaigning instead of DOING YOUR JOB. 

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

Well, NOT ENOUGH to be worth changing my VOTE YET. DARN IT!!! Keep hunting people!

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

For now, I'm going to Vote: Senator Greene (Khscarymovie4), but this vote probably won't stick. Out of all the actions that have occurred, the Senator's feels the most suspicious, but that's not saying much.

Look at that, honey!  You got a vote!

2 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Well, NOT ENOUGH to be worth changing my VOTE YET. DARN IT!!! Keep hunting people!

I thought we were hunting moles and voting for people...

2 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

As a firm non-believer in first day lynches, day 1 is always problematic for me.  I agree that a lynch can being useful to discern patterns later in the game (even as it is an acknowledged bad odds gamble), but with rule 13 in effect I am going to keep an open mind.  With that said, I am going to test a pet theory of mine to decide on my first day vote and I'll share my reasoning at that time; however I need more 'data' to make it work, so no definitive vote from me just yet.

Do you have moles for pets?  I can hardly wait for a theory that's about pet moles.  I have a theory that moles make terrible pets.

15 minutes ago, fhomess said:

Do you have moles for pets?  I can hardly wait for a theory that's about pet moles.  I have a theory that moles make terrible pets.

I'd have to agree that moles are terrible pets. Always trying to kill you at night....

18 minutes ago, fhomess said:

Yes! I knew that eventually the fine people here would see the right way and ma.... Oh, it's that kind of vote. Not what I was expecting from all his campaigning  but a votes a vote I guess. 

5 hours ago, Asphalt said:

*pushes them back up*

Another vote for the ski mask intruder. Even though I am the other lad in this party I sure do hope we don't start a bandwagon based off so little. While many others have said this hour has left little to actually analyze, and as always I am not in favor of actually saying farewell to our masked friend. 

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

And you'd prefer us to do what, exactly, senator? Sit on our hands and let the scum run the clock out? Zip's move wasn't particularly scummy. Pressure voting is a tactic I fully endorse, so the fact that you're seemingly trying to silence it comes off as suspect.

If you had to vote for someone right now, who'd you vote for, Alfred? 

That's what we do in Congress. Oh I mean we work hard until the job is done, yes that's what we do. I never was trying to silence our youngster I just wanted to help get the vote ball rolling as not much of which had taken place. Could Zip be scum well sure, but at the current time my vote stands to get reactions which it has. My vote is not in actually indentation that I think Zippy is scummy. Just a little poke in the buttocks. 

3 hours ago, jamesn said:

It would say that even if you were a mole. Hmmmmm...

I'm going to prod Vote: Dr. James (Tariq j) into action.

All this roleplay has got me hungry. Let's check out the Cinnabon next door.

Yes I am aware as I said above I wanted more talk when little was taking place. So you could say I proded some action through my talk hahaha! 

2 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Ah, yes, the usual. "I've been BUSY. I'll look around and TALK LATER." Not BUYING IT. 

Yeah, us GO TEAM guys are used to quick action. Not like you congress critters that do nothing and spend all your time campaigning instead of DOING YOUR JOB. 

Not get the job done! Well maybe we could if you GO team actually did you job and not let smelly moles into your own embassy! You look scummier every passing moment mister!  (That unvote is still on the table if you give me a political vote) 

Oh yes, Zip, I'm sorry I was busy earlier and wasn't able to make substantive contributions such as the following members:

On 1/4/2019 at 11:27 PM, Lady K said:

Moles?  Ok we need some dynamite or plastic explosives to stick down the holes once the moles make an appearance.  I saw it in a movie once; about a golf course with one mole (or was it groundhog; whats the difference) causing a lot of problems.  Then we blow all the explosives at once; problem solved.

Then we can all dance while singing; I'm All Right!

On 1/5/2019 at 2:38 AM, Kristel said:

Moles and no bathroom breaks!  I did not sign up for no toilet breaks.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:55 AM, Tariq j said:

Without bathroom breaks, how are my patients going to carry out urine tests?!! And moles? My patients get a lot of those on their skin.

All of whom have said absolutely nothing since voting began! There is still time, for sure, and it's not suspect at all, but don't pretend that these responses are any less or more substantive than saying nothing for a brief interlude! If you're going for the "trying to spur conversation" gambit, at least be consistent! Especially now that I have voiced my opinion and these find team mates (and convict) have not yet.

Those people above still certainly have time to make their voices heard however - I more than anyone know that sometimes we get lost in our work and forget to speak up! More interesting to me at the moment are those who have spoken up since voting opened while still voicing no opinion whatsoever:

Benson, who actually placed a vote without... well, providing much in the way of support.

5 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Hmm...I'm watching you janitor. 

Vote:Bob(Bob)

And then our friend Diane Green, who not only failed to place a vote but didn't even comment on any of the proceedings, still laughing things off! In my analysis, a way to seem "active" without actually having to draw any attention.

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

For the time being, in fact, I will go ahead and Vote: Diane Green (fhommes) for the time being. Would love to hear what you have to say about the actual problem at hand, Diane, since you seem to be around.

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

Enough talk, let’s get serious here! People could die!

vote: Diane Green (fhomess)

15 minutes ago, Zepher said:

For the time being, in fact, I will go ahead and Vote: Diane Green (fhommes)

Just now, jluck said:

Awwww hunty, you couldn't wait longer than seventeen minutes to vote for the same person without providing much in the way of content? I smell a rat gerbil badger mole serving up 100% fishy realness.

Unvote: Dr. James (Tariq j)

Vote: Michael Wright (jluck)

I apologise for my absence, had some very serious medical patients to attend to.

27 minutes ago, jluck said:

I’ll echo what Office Lewis has said above, this vote feels too easy, and that’s placed you on my scum list. I’m all for a Day One Lynch, even though we’ve only had two pages of discussion, he’s been quiet, and quiet players aren’t always a help in the future so... Vote: Barry Andropov (Kristel)

1 hour ago, Zepher said:

Benson, who actually placed a vote without... well, providing much in the way of support.

I was hoping to maybe hear from some others first what they thought about what would seem as a request from our janitor to have a mass claim. 

51 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I apologise for my absence, had some very serious medical patients to attend to.

I’ll echo what Office Lewis has said above, this vote feels too easy, and that’s placed you on my scum list. I’m all for a Day One Lynch, even though we’ve only had two pages of discussion, he’s been quiet, and quiet players aren’t always a help in the future so... Vote: Barry Andropov (Kristel)

Just quietly analysing, rather than speaking for the sake of it.  There hasn’t been much of anything to base a vote on, so i’m going to continue quietly analysing for a little longer.

24 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Just quietly analysing, rather than speaking for the sake of it.  There hasn’t been much of anything to base a vote on, so i’m going to continue quietly analysing for a little longer.

And yet people have voted. Waiting for a bandwagon to form?

If you had to vote right now, Barry, who'd you vote for?

14 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

And yet people have voted. Waiting for a bandwagon to form?

If you had to vote right now, Barry, who'd you vote for?

Not at all. I’d rather no one gets lynched today because the odds of getting it wrong (i.e. lynching a loyal CTU member) are too high.

I’ll vote when I’m ready to.

Current Vote Count
Alfred Drew (Zepher): 1 Vote (mostlytechnic)
Zip (mostlytechnic): 2 Votes (khscarymovie4, Asphalt)
Senator Greene (Khscarymovie4): 1 Vote (kintobor)
Bob (Bob): 1 vote (legomonorailfan)
Riley Marshall (jluck): 1 vote (Kwatchi)
Diane Greene (fhomess): 3 Votes (zepher, jluck, jamesn)
Barry Andropov (Kristel): 1 vote (tariq J)

There are 28 hours/"minutes" left in the day/"hour."

Bob @Bob and Kaster @Lady K have been rather quiet.  Consider this your unofficial request to chime in.

A quick correction:

7 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Current Vote Count
Riley Marshall (jluck): 2 votes (Kwatchi, jamesn)
Diane Greene (fhomess): 2 Votes (zepher, jluck,)

There are 28 hours/"minutes" left in the day/"hour."

A bit surprised by this below:

2 hours ago, jluck said:

Considering I have a vote sitting on you, I hope you could elaborate a bit and clear this up for me.  Looks lazy at minimum.

29 minutes ago, Kristel said:

odds of getting it wrong

Town always outnumber scum so absent concrete evidence (are we asking someone to claim cop?) the odds of lynching one of us are too high. Barry, if you're not going to vote, would you list your top suspicions? That's what analysts do, right? My top four are Bob (Bob), Larry (Khscarymovie4) and Officer Skinner (mediumsnowman) and Riley (jluck)

Just now, Kwatchi said:

A quick correction:

Cheers, but I messed up. Do I have to:

Unvote: Diane Greene (fhomess)

Turns out that when you read people's signatures instead of the thread OP, you make mistakes. To fix it:

Vote: Riley Marshall (jluck)

1 hour ago, Kristel said:

Not at all. I’d rather no one gets lynched today because the odds of getting it wrong (i.e. lynching a loyal CTU member) are too high.

I’ll vote when I’m ready to.

But even still who would you vote for if you wanted too, or even your top suspects. At the moment this feels very sitting on the fence, not actually picking a side, but rather delaying until you see a bandwagon. I might be wrong but that's what it looks like. 

And where is the analysis you speak of? Who/what have you analysed.