KotZ

24: Mafia - Hour 1: 9am to 10am

1.png

*Clock ticking* The following takes place between the 9am and 10 am. Events occur on real time.

"Jack, we've got an issue," Chloe O'Brian shouted across the bullpen. "There's a security breach! We've got moles."

"Damnit Chloe," Jack said as he came down from his office. "We don't have time for this. This is a big day."

"Yeah, I know," Chloe snarked.

"Alright everyone," Jack shouted. "We've got a major security breach. Mles have infiltrated CTU and we need to stop them. From this point on, everyone aside from me and Chloe is suspect. You're going to need to investigate yourselves, as I'm too busy YELLING RANDOMLY to do it. Vote who you think the moles are and I'll torture, I mean interrogate, them every hour. Oh, and nobody can use the bathroom. Do you understand me? DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?"

NPCs
jackbauer.pngJack Bauer, Head of CTU

chloeobrien.png Chloe O'Brian, Senior Analyst

Players

agentmoore.pngAgent Moore, Secret Service (Kwatchi)

alfreddrew.pngAlfred Drew, Analyst (Zepher)

bandropov.pngBarry Andropov, Analyst (Kristel)

benson.pngBenson, Go-Team (Legomonorailfan)

bob.pngBob, Janitor (Bob)

dianegreene.pngDiane Greene, Senator Greene's wife (fhomess)

drjames.pngDr. James, Nurse (Tariq J)

jasonwhite.pngJason White, Go-Team (Kintobor)

kaster.pngKaster, Inmate (Lady K)

ofclewis.pngOfficer Lewis, Security Guard (jamesn)

rileymarshall.pngRiley Marshall, Analyst (jluck)

senlarrygreene.pngSenator Larry Greene (Khscarymovie4)

skinner.pngOfficer Skinner, Head of CTU Security (mediumsnowman)

wilsongoddard.pngWilson Goddard, Go-Team (Asphalt)

zip.pngZip, Go-Team (mostlytechnic)

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the CTU (Town) or the Moles (Scum). To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player.  Voting is mandatory. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player).  No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Failure to vote will incur a 2-vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game "Hour"/day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached after 72 hours. After the "Hour"/day has been concluded, an "Off-hour"/night stage will commence, which will last 48 hours. "Off-hour"/night actions must be sent to the host in the first 20 hours of the "Off-hour"/night stage.

3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the "Off-hour"/night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next "Hour"/day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread. 

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of any of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty for the first offence, and death on your second offence.

12. There are no hints or clues in the day/night images.

13. The Town automatically loses if they have not lynched all Scum/Evil players by the end of the "Day" (essentially 12 game days and 12 game nights).

Oh dear, moles and terrorists! When I signed up for this job I thought I would spend my day yelling angrily at shoplifters and loitering teenagers! Do I even get a walkie talkie in this role? Where's the nearest Auntie Anne's?

4 minutes ago, jamesn said:

Oh dear, moles and terrorists! When I signed up for this job I thought I would spend my day yelling angrily at shoplifters and loitering teenagers! Do I even get a walkie talkie in this role? Where's the nearest Auntie Anne's?

I think the only thing they give us is walkie talkies. The members of GO-Team have gotten very good at apprehending bad guys with them.

Moles? In this department? More likely than I thought... GO-Team is more used to a "use zip-lines, ask questions later" approach, but we should be able to operate in this type of setting. 

Moles?  I don't see any mounds of dirt in the ground... what kind of moles are we talking about?  Are they naked mole rats?  I thought those were more rat than mole... which are they?

Goodness gracious! I come to this unit expecting a very well put together defense force and instead learn that there are moles everywhere and everyone including me is a suspect! Once I am president I feel this establishment needs to be upgraded to avoid these problems. Who wants a flyer? 

Ah, dahlings, I've got it! Moles, like the little velvet one I stick to my cheekbone after I put on my face, some scarlet heels and a feather boa and head down to the bar!

41 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

use zip-lines, ask questions later

How titillating! I'm afraid I am probably a touch too heavy to use one, though :sceptic:.

Moles?  Ok we need some dynamite or plastic explosives to stick down the holes once the moles make an appearance.  I saw it in a movie once; about a golf course with one mole (or was it groundhog; whats the difference) causing a lot of problems.  Then we blow all the explosives at once; problem solved.

Then we can all dance while singing; I'm All Right!

Moles and no bathroom breaks!  I did not sign up for no toilet breaks.

8 hours ago, Lady K said:

Moles?  Ok we need some dynamite or plastic explosives to stick down the holes once the moles make an appearance.  I saw it in a movie once; about a golf course with one mole (or was it groundhog; whats the difference) causing a lot of problems.  Then we blow all the explosives at once; problem solved.

Kaster is it? Well let me tell you something Kaster, I like the way you think.

Hmmm.  A mole hunt.  This reminds me of the case of the Department of <redacted> was completed.  A CD of Miles Davis was then used to <redacted> effigy of Kofi Annan made of Cheez Wiz in the <redacted> a basket of purple velour.

So as you can plainly see, if you give me three thumb tacks and a phillips screwdriver I'll have this wrapped up in no time flat.

Erm... what was that about no bathroom breaks?  The Secret Service drink a lot of coffee to stay at peak alert levels.

Without bathroom breaks, how are my patients going to carry out urine tests?!! And moles? My patients get a lot of those on their skin.

Why can’t I use the bathroom? I just cleaned it, I swear. :look:

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

Why can’t I use the bathroom? I just cleaned it, I swear. :look:

I mean, these things seem to always last 24 hours so just keep you legs crossed. People that go to NYC for New Year’s Eve have to last as long without bathrooms you know...

I suppose there are no bathroom breaks as well. Guess I will have to use a bottle like the good old days of...... A long time ago. If you guys want a change to this barbaric bathroom system you should definitely vote for someone you can trust:wink:

So moles in the building ehy. Well is wack-a-mole still popular with the kiddos?

1 hour ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

So moles in the building ehy. Well is wack-a-mole still popular with the kiddos?

I assure you sir,  All moles found will be whacked with swift resolve and extreme prejudice. 

16 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Goodness gracious! I come to this unit expecting a very well put together defense force and instead learn that there are moles everywhere and everyone including me is a suspect! Once I am president I feel this establishment needs to be upgraded to avoid these problems. Who wants a flyer? 

A flyer? How old ARE you? No one reads stuff on paper anymore.

15 hours ago, Lady K said:

Yes, I like this plan. Blow stuff up is a good solution to most problems. GO GO GO! 

12 hours ago, Kristel said:

Moles and no bathroom breaks!  I did not sign up for no toilet breaks.

Suck it up cupcake. We don't have time for "potty breaks" or snacks or other nonsense. FIND THE MOLES and KILL THEM!

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I assure you sir,  All moles found will be whacked with swift resolve and extreme prejudice. 

30 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Suck it up cupcake. We don't have time for "potty breaks" or snacks or other nonsense. FIND THE MOLES and KILL THEM!

Can't say I disagree with the sentiment of my colleagues. Moles will be terminated in a highly comedic fashion.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Can't say I disagree with the sentiment of my colleagues. Moles will be terminated in a highly comedic fashion.

I think I FOUND A mole! Making a useless comment, just agreeing with others, on DAY ONE. Obvious SCUM PLOY!

6 hours ago, Asphalt said:

whacked with swift resolve and extreme prejudice

Good plan, Joker. I could stab them with my stilettos or perhaps run them over with my hoverboard, that would give me something to do! I haven't seen this much action since I had to jog gently to cut the power to an out-of-control massage chairs, you know the type they have in the middle of the hallway at the mall?

8 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

definitely vote for someone you can trust:wink: ... is wack-a-mole still popular with the kiddos?

Ingratiating ourselves with our compatriots, are we, Senator Greene?

Well everyone, I think we should start the day by declaring what team we're on.

I am a member of the Town. What about everyone else? 

57 minutes ago, Bob said:

Well everyone, I think we should start the day by declaring what team we're on.

I am a member of the Town. What about everyone else? 

Ha! You fell for your own trap! Everyone knows there is no town here, only CTU. And it goes without saying I'm CTU. It's even in my job title: "Officer Skinner, head of CTU security" not "Officer Skinner, head of Mole security"

I think that clears me, who's next?

Well, LET'S VOTE! 

Vote: Alfred Drew (zepher)

Since he HASN'T SPOKEN UP yet. DARN IT!! 

poke... poke... POKE!...