Ecclesiastes

[PRESS RELEASE] 70840 - Welcome to Apocalypseburg!

I Can't take this ( this is to  much ) WOW!!!

Love Love this!!!

The Box art looks Amazing!!!

thanks for this!!!

Greetings!

While I normally skip buying these big D2C sets, mainly because my bank account faints at the idea of spending $300 for a single set, I think this is definitely going to be an exception:  Not only can I use ALL the minifigs for my wasteland raider gangs (who need more love), but I can even use a modified version of the main structure in my setting (due to the fact that Liberty Island & Ellis Island are on the front lines of the war going on between the Grand Duchy of New York & the Republic of New Jersey)... All I'd have to do is fortify the base of the statue a bit more & add some Republic of NJ flags & troops...

Yeah, definitely going to start saving up towards buying this thing.  I figure I'll start putting $50 aside each week so I can buy this thing around the time the movie comes out. :D

Also, while I really like all of the figures, as I said before, I REALLY like Apocalypse Bad Cop:  He's probably about as close as we'll ever get to an official LEGO Judge Dredd or Mad Max minifig.

1 hour ago, Laura Takayama said:

While I normally skip buying these big D2C sets, mainly because my bank account faints at the idea of spending $300 for a single set, 

Likewise here, this set just looks too good to pass up. Really like that it looks good from all angles, so many sets just look like a hot mess from the back or sides. What a rarity of a great set, I think anyone that doesn't get this one will regret it in the future. 

I am surprised how low is the activity about this set. I absolutely LOVE it, looks like a must have beside Metalbeard's Seacow...

Also, video review is online for a while:

And speed build:

Edited by agrof
working video link insert possible only at edit

5 hours ago, agrof said:

I am surprised how low is the activity about this set. I absolutely LOVE it, looks like a must have beside Metalbeard's Seacow...

Also, video review is online for a while :

...and image leaks before that video review have been online for awhile, hence the lack of discussion here. :shrug_confused:

I am seriously impressed by the quality of all the larger TLM2 sets. Rex's explorer, pop up party bus and the systar starship are all great sets which I'll probably add to my collection. But this set takes it to a whole new level! I will definitely get this set, though I'll wait for it to go on sale or double VIP points, or both!

What an amazing set! I like the fact that, from every angle, you can see and discover things, not just a great facade and dull rear, just like Ninjago City. I'm not a great fan of those movie products, but will buy this, just like I bought NC.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Even better, a part-centric review from @caperberry's New Elementary!!! :moar:

New Elementary - LEGO® MOVIE 2 REVIEW: 70840 WELCOME TO APOCALYPSEBURG!

That was a great review! The breakdown & highlighting new parts/colors was cool(I didn’t realize we had so many colors of both the 1x1 pyramid & 1x1x2 snot brick!). Thanks for that. 

Edited by Vindicare