Holodoc

Eurobricks event #15 Günzburg - information topic

Just now, chubays said:

Sorry, but will Brexit influence on this event?

That is actually a very good question. I know it's effecting my flight back from Southampton, because KLM isn't offering any flights yet.

With a no deal scenario coming closer I would guess YES, but still everything should be manageable. :sweet:

The doodle is now closed and we have got a tie between

29th of May - 2nd of June
and
19th - 23th of June with both 9 votes! :hmpf:

One of the problems: Neither date works with Copmike.:wall:

That, the date finding for the organization team and the just 13 votes all in all let us re-think about this year's event. :look: 
We are not decided yet, but maybe we will handle the event differently this year.

Please stay tuned!

On 1/18/2019 at 4:33 PM, Holodoc said:

the date finding for the organization team and the just 13 votes all in all let us re-think about this year's event. :look: 
We are not decided yet, but maybe we will handle the event differently this year.

Please stay tuned!

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Due to the aforementioned problems we decided to 

a) chose another date
b) chose another location

The event will be moved to 11th -14th of April and will be held in Günzburg/Germany once more. That's one day shorter than what we usually do: Thursday - Sunday.

This gives us the opportunity to avoid the date struggle in May/June, avoid Brexit complications for those coming from outside the UK (it seems that it will boil down to a no-deal Brexit :ugh:), visit the Fabrik in Legoland Germany while it's brand new filled (the park opens the weekend before) AND visit the LEGO store in Munich during AFOL shopping times on Saturday! That's what I would call a win-win-win-win-situation! :grin: 

Hopefully most of you will (still) be able to attend to this shorter event. We are definitely looking forward to it and are planning the program right now.

Please reply here to tell us what you think about the change and if you want to join in the fun!

I'm currently hard working to get an accommodation (Kirchenbauerhof is fully booked for Saturday/Sunday :sadnew:), so it would be incredibly helpful to know how many we will be.

Sadly those dates don’t work for me, my LUGs annual show is the weekend after so I expect there will be a lot of last minute building that will need to be done during that time. 

1 hour ago, Holodoc said:

Brexit

Uh, I want to come but I need things to figure out first! 

One helpful thought though: Would people be able to swing by and collect/accompany me from Munich Airport to Gunzeburg if/when I know flights?

51 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

This gives us the opportunity to ... visit the Fabrik in Legoland Germany while it's brand new filled (the park opens the weekend before) AND ... ! That's what I would call a win-win-win-win-situation! 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Fenz's and Farrells will be in Gunzburg on the 8th/9th on the way back from Zagreb so it remains to be seen what parts will remain! For that reason we won't be attending despite our appreciation of that park.

I'd like to come, but like Peppermint I also need to figure things out first. I'm feeling though that I'll have to miss this year now.

I can’t do that weekend, but I think I’d also decided I’m going to wait until Billund 2020 for my first Eurobricks event.

Just now, Seasider said:

I can’t do that weekend, but I think I’d also decided I’m going to wait until Billund 2020 for my first Eurobricks event.

Sweet! :thumbup:

44 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Uh, I want to come but I need things to figure out first! 

One helpful thought though: Would people be able to swing by and collect/accompany me from Munich Airport to Gunzeburg if/when I know flights?

Sure.

Stuttgart airport is on my way to Günzburg. So if that is an option I can pick up all of you from there.

Last time Copmike was flying to Munich.

31 minutes ago, Dfenz said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Fenz's and Farrells will be in Gunzburg on the 8th/9th on the way back from Zagreb so it remains to be seen what parts will remain! 

I had a feeling that something like this was happening... :devil_laugh:

As Dfenz said, we will be in Gunzburg two days beforehand so regretfully we will not be attending this year's event. However, we will look forward to next year in Billund. Meanwhile, we will try to leave something behind in the Fabrik shop! :head_back:

Well for me the good news is the dates fall in the middle of the school hols so I'm off work... the not so good news will be whether I can find a cheap enough way to get there.... I'll have to look into it (is there an airport nearby?)

11 hours ago, greg3 said:

Well for me the good news is the dates fall in the middle of the school hols so I'm off work... the not so good news will be whether I can find a cheap enough way to get there.... I'll have to look into it (is there an airport nearby?)

Airports near Munich (MUC, FMM) is closer but also Stuttgart (STR) airport.

Edited by chubays

So it looks like I won't face any travel complications come the dates. I will start looking at travel to and from Germany. @CopMike want to get super confused on the rail network again?:laugh:

With these changes, the event fits my schedule. For one, it's closer to travel to (also shorter time to be away), and two, the dates suit me much better. So if you'll have me, I'm in. 

I guess I still need to check if it’s possible for me. Maybe - when I find the time- we could drive together @Holodoc?! 

But due to have off the week after Easter to go to London I have to think about :/ 

Those dates are complete no-go for me, with Easter happening the week after (yes, in Norway Easter is a week-long thing). Oh well, I'll see you in Billund next year then. Or in Skærbæk before that.

12 hours ago, Aredhel said:

I guess I still need to check if it’s possible for me. Maybe - when I find the time- we could drive together @Holodoc?!

Sure thing! :classic:

It's incredibly difficult this year. :look: I feel sorry for those who aren't able to join, but this year I doubt we'll find a date that suits everyone.
For myself I would have loved to see all of you again - well, see you in Billund then next year! :blush:

I don't mind skipping Windsor, while it was always a chance for me to have a later start to the day, I do love visiting Munich and the nice scenery of Bavaria. Also, excellent beer :drunk:

It will be good to see whoever manages to make it.

Now I just need to wait and see what the GBP ends up like against the Euro... 

I will look into it, but I fear those dates are no-go for me as well, due to a project at work I can't be away as many days in a row as I could before, and since Easter falls the week after where I have other plans this might be difficult.

It's a no-go for me... I organise my first Lego exhibition that same week end (a small one, 540m2). I'll see you next year in Billund, or Skaerbeck later this year :sweet: