Sign in to follow this  
Elostirion

[MCTC: Salida Este] A world of colours

46590094741_1b4ba4c240.jpg

The architecture of Salida Este's New Town turned out to be quite different from the rest of the Eslandolan Colonies. In
general, the people on Ferro Azure preferred to deviate. And deviation may either make you seem weird, or will make
you set trends. The innovative headwear, especially turbans, will most likely soon make its way to the other islands. At
least that is what the hatmakers of Salida Este hope for.

The dreamy and picturesque appearance of the town has attracted some artists as well. Like Maejo Degunado and his
wife, who have spent their fortune on their small house, where the dome roof does not only serve as decoration, but
also as their bedroom.

46538220712_d9d8335dd1_c.jpg

Ooh! I like the use of the gold on the balcony. It and the dark tan masonry bricks prevent the purple from being overwhelming. Well done. I also like the narrow stairs with inverted slopes for supports. And the artist looks perfect up there. Nice! :thumbup:

So much purple, yet not overwhelming like Capt Wolf said. Those stairs are indeed very well done. Oh and Fezzes are cool...!

I like where salida este is going, Elos! Looks like it will be a very characteristic settlement, unlike any other, and perhaps with a more artistic culture than most?

As to the specific build, it somewhat reminds me of homemade houses built by old hippies near where I live. Although this is considerably more substantial, the unconventional floor plan and the dome makes it look fanciful. Gold details and dark tan split up another bold colour choice nicely, and again you draw me towards BrickLink for crazy colour orders! :D

It's the detail touches that I like best about this MOC, like the arch stairs and the golden balcony wall!  Nice job balancing the purple with dark tan too.

And people baulked about lime green?  This is actually really fitting...  My only change would be to the corners making them wood framed or masonry to make the purple look more like a stucco.

Great feel all around very Mediterranean meets India lol

Beautiful use of color. I don't care what anyone thinks - I like dark purple, thankyouverymuch. The staircase is clever and the scene with the painter is just so fitting. But I wanna see what that outwardly beautiful domed bedroom looks like inside... :grin: