STHLM

[MOC] Hickory Street Gallery

Wow, what a great building! The colors and the texture of the walls and windows are amazing. There is so many amazing use of elements!

Good stuff! I like details all around. The color mixture of the building is rarely used but works very well here.

Looks great!  I like the decay and the colour combination in the facade, and the "business" of the common area which gives it lots of character.

I really like how you did the roof and overall color scheme is fantastic! It made me smile )

7 hours ago, ExeSandbox said:

Wow, what a great building! The colors and the texture of the walls and windows are amazing. There is so many amazing use of elements!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

7 hours ago, carebear said:

Love this!!!

i realy like the way you made the fence!

Greetings!

Thanks! I was a bit worried that the fence would look too clean.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

I like the statue being carved - nice idea.

Thank you! This might have been done before.

1 hour ago, peedeejay said:

Good stuff! I like details all around. The color mixture of the building is rarely used but works very well here.

Thanks! I was trying to recreate the front of this building:

3045010050_f3bb1f81f0_z.jpg?zz=1

Lafayette Square Neighborhood, in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - shop by Mark Scott Abeln, on Flickr

38 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Looks great!  I like the decay and the colour combination in the facade, and the "business" of the common area which gives it lots of character.

Thank you! I have done the decay bit before, and I really like the look of it. Sometimes, it takes longer to find the right minifigs than doing the building, but it's so worth it.

33838710124_b8174b8d3a_c.jpg

[MOC] Worn down building by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

37 minutes ago, adwind said:

I really like how you did the roof and overall color scheme is fantastic! It made me smile )

Thanks! I always try to make things happening on the roof. An empty roof is just a waste of space and a missed opportunity.

Stunningw ork on the facade. Love the decayed effect with the medium dark flesh & dark orange.

The sand green also works well on the ground floor and the roof. I'm on the fence with its use on the sceond floor though. On the one hand I think the arches & tiles stand out too much there, but on the other it just fits.  :classic:

Very nice building technique ...it's amazing to see the embossed brick under the smooth bricks

The garden where the kids are playing around is very complex in its simplicity (and perfection) :wub:

Great work!

22 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Stunningw ork on the facade. Love the decayed effect with the medium dark flesh & dark orange.

The sand green also works well on the ground floor and the roof. I'm on the fence with its use on the sceond floor though. On the one hand I think the arches & tiles stand out too much there, but on the other it just fits.  :classic:

Thanks for your kind words and your input. I wanted some kind of arch above the second floor windows, preferably in dark orange, but 92950 don't come in too many colours.

21 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice building technique ...it's amazing to see the embossed brick under the smooth bricks

The garden where the kids are playing around is very complex in its simplicity (and perfection) :wub:

Great work!

Thank you! One of the best things is to get the minifigs to give life to the build. It's great fun to find the right combination of head, hair, torso and legs and to make the figs interact.

What a great build!! The textures and detailing on the building make it look incredibly realistic but it's all the little details and activity around it that really bring it to life (I especially like the fence made of roller door pieces!!)

Excellent work and thanks for sharing!!

1 hour ago, greg3 said:

What a great build!! The textures and detailing on the building make it look incredibly realistic but it's all the little details and activity around it that really bring it to life (I especially like the fence made of roller door pieces!!)

Excellent work and thanks for sharing!!

Thank you for your kind words! It's sometimes hard to know when enough is enough. It's easy to overdo things.

I'm happy to share, and, hopefully, inspire others.

7 hours ago, Mylenium said:

A bit too busy for my taste, but overall nice!

Mylenium

Thanks for your input!

8 hours ago, Junis said:

It's totally awesome! I really like the details on the roof. 

Thank you!

I always try to use the roof, especially if it's a flat one, as a part of the build. An empty roof is just a waste of space and a missed opportunity, as far as I'm concerned.