While in Fatu Hiva Samantha thought she recognized an old friend.  So she followed her into the Blue Tassel for a better look

Blue Tassel S1.lxf

Sure enough it was Cathy Derr.  She approached her and surprised her.  

The Gals talked like gals do.   They talked about old times then talked about the current.  

Blue Tassel S2.lxf

Samantha boasted  that she decided to go abroad with her new Husband Darren Kedd, an Eslodian who owned his own trade ship now, and as luck would have it here are many fancy new dresses in the New world.

Samantha asked where Rodish was as they were rarely apart.   

Cathy rolled her eyes and sighed...  Stating he's gone off on a folly to go rescue his sister he's never met.  Luckily we got the news after the Ball in Kings Harbor not before.  Cathy straightened up and smiled though as she proudly proclaimed I am Captain of the Narwhal now though!

Cathy explained further that she was preparing to head for a military exercise in Quinnsville, but was going to have to call it off as her crew refused to sail with soldiers packed shoulder to shoulder.  She explained how it was really a pity as the Corish government had even sent her special flags to be flown from her masts. 

Blue Tassel S3.lxf

Samantha said you won't have to cancel at all, we have ample room aboard my husband's ship the Myth Chaser.  After all they may not be neighbors any longer but they are still friends and that's what friends do. 

Cathy asked if Samantha would have to convince Darren to go along with it. 

Samantha told her don't worry it's as good as done...  Just see if you can get a second set of flags dear! 

Blue Tassel S4.lxf

Later that day aboard the Myth Chaser Samantha told Darren of how she ran into her childhood friend Cathy and explained how she was going to cancel her mission but wouldn't have to because the Myth Chaser had plenty of room. 

MythChaser Cabin s2.lxf

At first Daren was shocked at the boldness of his new wife.  He then scolded her as this folly would have no profit at all.

To which Samantha batted her eyes and pouted her lip and said if you love me then the profit won't matter as long as it makes me happy right...  That's what you told me. 

Darren was over a barrel.   She had all the power in the world and he would give her anything to make her happy.   Even if it meant getting his ship blasted with paint.   

He calmly said to Samantha It will give me an excuse to fire the guns and drill sailors, when do we depart darling?  

https://flic.kr/p/2czfwkr

OoC:  this is to explain the second ship raiding Quinsville since the Narwal does not have enough cargo points to transport all the troops  @Bregir @LM71Blackbird

This will also serve to Licence the new ship check the spoiler for photos

Comments and Criticism welcomed 

Ship photos:

My name is Captain Kedd  ... As I sail as I sail. 

MythChaser sails.lxf

MythChaser broadside.lxf

MythChaser nosails.lxf

https://flic.kr/p/2dY3Dy

https://flic.kr/p/2czfwyH

MythChaser BANANNA!.lxf

MythChaser figure head.lxf

MythChaser Captain.lxf

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Excellent work on the bar scenes and the conversation/story!

You ship is nice too, I like the colour scheme with the two tone brown. 
The stern galleries are well proportioned, and the figure head may be a bit too big, but very very cool!
thumbs up on the good sized spanker too. 
I don't know if that sail below the bowsprit on the yard arm was flown together with the staysail jibs. historically speaking that is, the jibs are more modern then the ones below the bowsprit. but I don't care, it looks cool :D

A couple of fascinating characters you got here, Roadmonkeytj, I'm impatient to see how they'll perform during the assault .

Nice tavern scene, impressive ship, though it's quite unsual to see a two decked two masted ship, but she doesn't look disproprotioned, and it's good to see some innovation.

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wow... another wannabe @Kolonialbeamter

I will take that as a compliment?  Lol no physical Bricks for BoBs right now and I can take LDD with me. 

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Great story and sweet looking ship RoadMonkey!

Thanks! I figured we needed some sort of story to explain the second ship lol 

35 minutes ago, Bart said:

Excellent work on the bar scenes and the conversation/story!

You ship is nice too, I like the colour scheme with the two tone brown. 
The stern galleries are well proportioned, and the figure head may be a bit too big, but very very cool!
thumbs up on the good sized spanker too. 
I don't know if that sail below the bowsprit on the yard arm was flown together with the staysail jibs. historically speaking that is, the jibs are more modern then the ones below the bowsprit. but I don't care, it looks cool :D

I'm glad you like it! 

Well honestly the bar was built it was just a matter of posing figures in it.   The captains cabin had to be built (a clever feller will notice it's been scaled up)  

As far as the yard sail on the bow.   I've seen it somewhere before...  Not sure how historical/practical but hey it does look great.   

And the figure head may be large but again it looks cool lol I was going for the look that the ship was actually on the Drakon's back.  As the if he is trained 

Just now, Bodi said:

A couple of fascinating characters you got here, Roadmonkeytj, I'm impatient to see how they'll perform during the assault .

Nice tavern scene, impressive ship, though it's quite unsual to see a two decked two masted ship, but she doesn't look disproprotioned, and it's good to see some innovation.

Thanks...  Cathy Derr is a copy from Bart's character...  The only thing I did was add the sword holster.  Daren and Samantha Kedd I wanted to come off as someone who had enough money to not join the military lol

And even if she's not commonly seen she is named Myth Chaser lol

I had to increase the sail proportions to make it look right but I feel like it does.   To get three masts I would have needed another midsection to keep it from being crowded. 

3 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

(...)

Thanks...  Cathy Derr is a copy from Bart's character...  The only thing I did was add the sword holster. (...)

How did you do that? I can't get it done in LDD 

:excited: Awesome ship, looks just right if you ask me. Lovely story to go along with it. The tavern scene is great but is there no way to get the shadows out of the walls (it reflects in LDD)

23 minutes ago, Bart said:

How did you do that? I can't get it done in LDD 

Magic my boy magic lol so basically LDD shows it as a conflict and won't place it so what I've found is to place two anythings on the minifig you have to place the top first.   Then remove the body let a 1x1 round with hole attach to the head base.  Install any length bar into the 1x1. Slide the 1x1 down and attach the lower item to it select and slide both the 1x1 and the lower item up to meet the head.   Remove 1x1 and bar.   Reinstall torso.   Sometimes it will not "connect" the head so I make the mini fig a group so it can be moved and posed... In the case of Cathy I had to position her body at the angle I wanted then install the epaulette's and holster after posing her head.   

I discovered this when looking for a way to make Capt. Larry (beard with epaulette's) the capes sit down better using this method as well ...  Then figured out you can add a beard to a cape with this method and it usually "connects" the head.   Note some capes are a conflict with the beard.

Does that make sense or should I whip up a lol How To? 

4 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

:excited: Awesome ship, looks just right if you ask me. Lovely story to go along with it. The tavern scene is great but is there no way to get the shadows out of the walls (it reflects in LDD)

Thanks! 

Sometimes I like the shadows  at least on the ships lol

8 hours ago, Bart said:

*starts LDD to try immediately* 

Same!

8 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Does that make sense or should I whip up a lol How To? 

Makes perfect sense, here is a picture of my quick experiment with Sir Dirk. This is something that has been bothering me with LDD for a while, you Sir may just be a genius!

44774242690_33f921659e_z.jpg

Regarding the build. Great scene and even better looking vessel. She looks very powerful and graceful at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing how the exercise goes.

10 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Great scene and story, and an even better ship! Love it! :thumbup:

Thanks...  Glad it went over so well! 

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Same!

Makes perfect sense, here is a picture of my quick experiment with Sir Dirk. This is something that has been bothering me with LDD for a while, you Sir may just be a genius!

44774242690_33f921659e_z.jpg

Regarding the build. Great scene and even better looking vessel. She looks very powerful and graceful at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing how the exercise goes.

This ! Exactly this! I feel like a trend setter lol