Sign in to follow this  
Ross Fisher

[OL - FB] The Guemain Hunt

The Guermain Hunt

If there is one tradition that all four François siblings enjoy, it is the Merrymorn fox hunt, the day after Merrynight. The Guemain hunt is not as well established as some of the others in their corner of Oleon, but with the François family behind it, it has proved quite popular with nobles looking to work off that morning-after paunch.

Edited by Ross Fisher

Nice little MOC! I like the way you realized the irregular terrain and the tree on the right. Well done!

Nice one!  :thumbup:

I think the horn would have fit better with the minifig on the right, as his mouth looks like he might blow something already. And could yo please explain the term "Guemain (Hunt)"? I did a bit of searching but could not find what it means.

@Keymonus Confession time: I just repurposed the base from a Samurai build a while back:

Training the Militia - CCC entry

@Drunknok Yeah, I think you're probably right. Oh well.

Guemain is the family seat of the François family. The head of the family is Hercule François, Viscount Guemain. I'm intending to expand all this background at a later date. If I ever do something truly noteworthy, I'll ask Oleon to promote him to Count.

Just now, Ross Fisher said:

Confession time: I just repurposed the base from a Samurai build a while back:

Eh, nothing wrong with recycling. It looks good and gets the job done. And neat Samurai scene there! :thumbup:

Yeah, I think you're probably right. Oh well.

Guemain is the family seat of the François family. The head of the family is Hercule François, Viscount Guemain. I'm intending to expand all this background at a later date.

Thank you, it suddenly makes a lot more sense. :classic:

If I ever do something truly noteworthy, I'll ask Oleon to promote him to Count.

In Oleon, everybody gets a title! :pir-grin:

Nice little build (both)  honestly the first I read it I had no idea what you were hunting either ...  but seeing the dog I would presume ring tail or fox, although the dog is more fitting to ring tails - where horses are more prevalent in fox. 

Both versions of the build are nice. I like the theme for a merrynight build. Posing the horses' heads down is very realistic; I can just imaging this scene in motion in my mind. Well done. :thumbup:

And in the MOC's former life, the posing of the samurai is very good. Great use of disjointing the one arm for the pose. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I had no idea what you were hunting either

Traditionally, it would be Fox. Do you mind telling me what a ring-tail is? I would've liked to have a larger pack of hounds, and I would've preferred beagles, but I only have two dog figs. The other one is a French Bulldog, and I'll probably end up using him at some point...

@Capt Wolf @Professor Thaum Thanks!

Haha, looks like fun. Love that base and the figures on horseback look nice. Too bad they're hunting fox... if it was me they'd be shootin' deers. (Thievin' rascals.) Keep it up.