Henjin_Quilones

Lady Galaria, Mistress of Dragons, and Daeara the Earth Dragon

Recommended Posts

Lady Galaria, Mistress of Dragons, and Daeara the Earth Dragon

A freebuild for Avalonia

 

29888961408_e2344b0b8b_c.jpg

Lady Galaria, Mistress of Dragons, is the wife of Henjin Quilones and co-ruler, with her husband, of the Isle of Druidham in the Mystic Isles of Avalonia. She was exiled from the High Elvish kingdom of Hesperia by her father, King Fingolë the Golden, for joining with her fellow guildsmembers in defeating Raavage, rather than sitting back and doing nothing like her father wished. In her exile, she journeyed aboard the Nagra Luca, a swift Elvish ship, far to the west and south, to the city Bandari and the land of Mwamba. There, amongst the equatorial High Elves of that land, she learned much about elemental dragons and how to best raise and train them. In a gesture of unequaled generosity, King Mfalme allowed Galaria and a few of her companions to form soul-bonds with young Mwamban dragons, who then, after a few years of training under Kufunzi, returned all together to Avalonia, where they settled on the Isle of Druidham. 

Now Galaria and Daeara, her soul-bonded dragon, lead the other dragonriders of Druidham, teaching a new generation of dragonriders how to manage their companions, and protecting Avalonia from elemental threats. They fly here and there, meeting the people of the land and bringing messages, and sometimes passengers, from one corner of the land to the other. 

42855666225_6ffe67fac0_c.jpg

43759748411_8603e35274_c.jpg

 

_____________________________________

..........................................................................

I had originally built this months ago for the Summer Joust, but never posted it since I wanted to build an all-LEGO scene in which to place Daeara, rather than the stand-alone display base here. I never got around to that all-LEGO scene, however, and decided instead to just post it now as-is. Ah well. Daeara is the same size (frame-wise) as Hewa and Moto, despite being female like Kijani and Maji, due to growing to full stature in earth-magic-rich Avalonia rather than Mwamba. 

C&C welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like the dragon, The dark green is nice with the brown legs and black belly.  The base give it a extra splash of color.  Nicely done.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love a nice poseable but realistic looking dragon. I also like how you mention how Avalonia has helped this dragon grow strong. The flowers do make a great contrast.

Would there be any chance of seeing all the dragons together? Or are some parts used multiple times?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This dragon is fantastic!  It looks very organic despite being brickbuilt, and the sails work perfectly as wings.  Excellent work!  Your are doing a great job representing the Mystic Isles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey nice job here, HQ! I haven't explored the field of brick-built beasts yet and your dragons seem a good place to start (good that you've put those links!). I had also missed a couple of episodes of Galaria's events, thanks to those links I'm gonna check them out soon enough. As I mentioned somewhere else, this 'elemental' thing sounds intriguing - how many elements have you thought of? The classical 4 at the moment, basing on your dragons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The irregular base on top of the mirror black base really adds some class to the build--which was already spectacular! The body, wings, and tail are all well balanced and adds some (fantastical) realism to the dragon. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic build.  I could also see this as an earth based creature without wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is now my favorite of your dragons.  Love the eye.  The colors are great, and the use of the pink is awesome!  The colors are perfect, and the shape is really good.  Are you getting faster at making these?  I think something like that would take me forever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2019 at 9:52 PM, zoth33 said:

Really like the dragon, The dark green is nice with the brown legs and black belly.  The base give it a extra splash of color.  Nicely done.  

Thanks, this is definitely my favorite of the dragons I have made so far. 

On 1/2/2019 at 4:10 AM, Muakhah said:

Love a nice poseable but realistic looking dragon. I also like how you mention how Avalonia has helped this dragon grow strong. The flowers do make a great contrast.

Would there be any chance of seeing all the dragons together? Or are some parts used multiple times?

All of the dragons are still built, but I'm not sure about a picture with all of them - I'm not sure I have the photography space to do a good job of it. I have the intention of someday building a scene with the four Mwamban dragons, but it still hasn't happened. 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:29 AM, Rogue Angel said:

This dragon is fantastic!  It looks very organic despite being brickbuilt, and the sails work perfectly as wings.  Excellent work!  Your are doing a great job representing the Mystic Isles!

Thansk, Rogue! I hope to develop the idea of the Mystic Isles further, too, fleshing it out more and displaying its uniqueness among the locales of Historica, rather than just some trees on islands. 

On 1/3/2019 at 6:08 AM, en_zoo said:

Hey nice job here, HQ! I haven't explored the field of brick-built beasts yet and your dragons seem a good place to start (good that you've put those links!). I had also missed a couple of episodes of Galaria's events, thanks to those links I'm gonna check them out soon enough. As I mentioned somewhere else, this 'elemental' thing sounds intriguing - how many elements have you thought of? The classical 4 at the moment, basing on your dragons?

Thanks, en_zoo! I'm sticking to just the classical four, since that makes the most sense to me. I'd love to see you try your hand at dragon-building (or creature-building, in general) and strongly encourage you to do so! I'd be happy to give advice if you get stuck along the way. 

On 1/3/2019 at 2:09 PM, rodiziorobs said:

The irregular base on top of the mirror black base really adds some class to the build--which was already spectacular! The body, wings, and tail are all well balanced and adds some (fantastical) realism to the dragon. :thumbup:

Thanks! Fantastical realism is what I strive for. Making it classy is just icing on the cake!

On 1/3/2019 at 5:30 PM, Asphalt said:

Fantastic build.  I could also see this as an earth based creature without wings.

It would work as a land-based creature, too, a sort of giant cat-lizard. I just like it with wings a bit more!

On 1/4/2019 at 6:50 PM, Thedarkmaster2 said:

You made it really organic

Thanks!

On 1/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, Grover said:

I think this is now my favorite of your dragons.  Love the eye.  The colors are great, and the use of the pink is awesome!  The colors are perfect, and the shape is really good.  Are you getting faster at making these?  I think something like that would take me forever!

She's my favorite, too! I can crank these things out in a day or two, probably 4-6 hours of building on each. The wings are pretty stock at this point, and the frame and limbs are mostly the same, so the differences come down to what slope pieces I have to fill out the bodies in a given color scheme. And the heads. The heads are the hardest part for me, getting them to look even remotely natural. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really gorgeous design! Love the dark green colour scheme and the colours used for the base. Great job all round!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very unique dragon head, and it works well for this beast :thumbup: The consistent style of your dragons is lovely, and I hope you are able to get photos of them all together some day.
Interesting choice to transition to reddish brown for the legs, and it certainly adds to the 'earth' feel :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.