mcphatty

[MOD] X-Wing 75218

13 hours ago, mcphatty said:

Ah mate I’m really, really sorry, I think I made a mistake, the axle might need to be a 5L instead of 7! Have you got one you can try? I’m at work now so can’t check my X-Wing, I’ll check and change my parts list tonight, sorry again for wasting your time and money.

No worries, man. Happens to the best of us!

Hello! I was looking at this mod and it looks wonderful!

Did you figure out if we need 7L or 5L axles?

thanks!

@moebiuss thanks! Its 5L axles in each of the engines, I can’t remember if I corrected the Stud.io file, sorry for the confusion!

Thanks a lot and don't worry! The reason I asked is because the stud.io still uses 7L but reading the comments I figured 5L was the correct size! Thanks again for confirming it!

On 8/18/2019 at 7:49 PM, Icsbnr32gtr said:

I just saw this. I'm very impressed with how easy the mod was. Definitely makes the ship more realistic.

Thanks bud! I try not to rebuild the structure anymore, it’s too hard to keep track of the changes and store the modded set, plus superficial mods are cheaper and the sets stay in a playable state.

Edited by mcphatty

On 1/5/2019 at 9:51 AM, Richpepperell said:

IMG_20190103_172119

I'd never even noticed this until you pointed it out. Sorted it now. 

IMG_20190103_172211

Great job, I really love your efficient cannon design, would you have the part list? I can't figure out what the wheel thingy part is at the edge of the wing...

Thanks!

@Valentin Mumble You’re welcome! I’m not sure if I corrected the axle length mistake in the Stud.io file so definitely check that before you order, I’ve had a busy few months and forgot all about the mistake but I’m the new year I’ll do some proper instructions for the mod!

Hey all, 

I might be a bit behind the rest on building and collecting lego. But I wanted to share some of my work on this set, that I got just this month. Big thanks to you all and a special thanks to you mcphatty who shared your modds with such detail. I borrowed most if not all  of them :thumbup:

49812431523_0db38ff78f_b.jpgIMG_20200423_123244 by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

I wanted to add the torpedo sight in the cockpit and this is my solution.

49812971941_4c2563b32c_b.jpgIMG_20200423_123255 by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

And a close up on the added details in the cockpit.

49813275497_311a183566_b.jpgIMG_20200423_123316 by Max Ullberg, on Flickr

It all fits even with the windscreen down but it can not be tucked away.

This set is so much fun tinkering with, just waiting for a bricklink order to try out the ninjago daggers as tips for the laser canons :classic:

@Thatguymax I wouldn’t worry about being behind, it won’t take long to catch up and then run out of money and storage space! Your mod looks really good, I like your laser roots and the daggers sound interesting, I’d be keen to see what they look like when your order arrives. And the targeting computer is excellent, what a great idea! I’ll have to try that next :)

I should’ve posted instructions to these mods too, they’ve been sitting on Rebrickable a while, I hope they help the next person who gives this a go...

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-36569/ron_mcphatty/red-5-x-wing-t-65-set-75218-mod

1280x1024.jpg