kobalt1977

[MOC] Angel - Emerald golem

Recommended Posts

On 1/5/2019 at 12:47 AM, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Two, Is that Cyren from Ninjago?

The head and hair are from Cyren (Ninjago), torso and legs from King George's Officer (Pirates of the Caribbean)

On 1/5/2019 at 9:57 AM, ControlAltBrick said:

amazing, did you took inspiration from something that already exists?

I was guided only by imagination

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kobalt1977 said:

The head and hair are from Cyren (Ninjago), torso and legs from King George's Officer (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Yeah I recognized it, she was a cool minor villain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely love this mech!  It really captures the steampunk aesthetic, especially with how it's dark green & gold color scheme reminds me of the coloring of certain old, British steam locomotives from the Victorian Era.  The concealed gadgets in the arms are a nice touch as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Laura Takayama said:

It really captures the steampunk aesthetic, especially with how it's dark green & gold color scheme reminds me of the coloring of certain old, British steam locomotives from the Victorian Era

Not to mention, Lego's very own Emerald Night too! :wink:

Yeah, Steampunk creations like this build are the ones I love  the best. For me, the rule of thumb for Steampunk MOCs is more boiler, less gears, as I usually dislike the majority of Steampunk creations since they typically lean more towards the latter for the most part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Not to mention, Lego's very own Emerald Night too! :wink:

Yeah, Steampunk creations like this build are the ones I love  the best. For me, the rule of thumb for Steampunk MOCs is more boiler, less gears, as I usually dislike the majority of Steampunk creations since they typically lean more towards the latter for the most part.

I remember that set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Though I don't understand your dislike of gears.. they're steampunk

Of course they're Steampunk, I'm just not fond of MOCs that rely more heavily on them over other characteristic Steampunk motifs, as an overabundance of them in a single creation gives it a skeletal look I'm not the biggest fan of. Like this mech of @kobalt1977's here, I personally prefer Steampunk MOCs that evoke British Steam Locomotives (for instance) as @Laura Takayama had suggested, such as these sampling of some favorites of mine:

Flickr - Steampunk Mech by Moko

Spoiler
Steampunk Mech

 

Mobile Mechanized Tesla Cannon by captainsmog

Spoiler
MMTC: main view

 

Ankan VII - Tesla Series Walker by Andreas Lenander

Spoiler
Ankan VII - Tesla series walker

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.