kobalt1977

[MOC] Angel - Emerald golem

On 1/5/2019 at 12:47 AM, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Two, Is that Cyren from Ninjago?

The head and hair are from Cyren (Ninjago), torso and legs from King George's Officer (Pirates of the Caribbean)

On 1/5/2019 at 9:57 AM, ControlAltBrick said:

amazing, did you took inspiration from something that already exists?

I was guided only by imagination

3 hours ago, kobalt1977 said:

The head and hair are from Cyren (Ninjago), torso and legs from King George's Officer (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Yeah I recognized it, she was a cool minor villain

I absolutely love this mech!  It really captures the steampunk aesthetic, especially with how it's dark green & gold color scheme reminds me of the coloring of certain old, British steam locomotives from the Victorian Era.  The concealed gadgets in the arms are a nice touch as well.

8 hours ago, Laura Takayama said:

It really captures the steampunk aesthetic, especially with how it's dark green & gold color scheme reminds me of the coloring of certain old, British steam locomotives from the Victorian Era

Not to mention, Lego's very own Emerald Night too! :wink:

Yeah, Steampunk creations like this build are the ones I love  the best. For me, the rule of thumb for Steampunk MOCs is more boiler, less gears, as I usually dislike the majority of Steampunk creations since they typically lean more towards the latter for the most part.

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Not to mention, Lego's very own Emerald Night too! :wink:

Yeah, Steampunk creations like this build are the ones I love  the best. For me, the rule of thumb for Steampunk MOCs is more boiler, less gears, as I usually dislike the majority of Steampunk creations since they typically lean more towards the latter for the most part.

I remember that set

31 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Though I don't understand your dislike of gears.. they're steampunk

Of course they're Steampunk, I'm just not fond of MOCs that rely more heavily on them over other characteristic Steampunk motifs, as an overabundance of them in a single creation gives it a skeletal look I'm not the biggest fan of. Like this mech of @kobalt1977's here, I personally prefer Steampunk MOCs that evoke British Steam Locomotives (for instance) as @Laura Takayama had suggested, such as these sampling of some favorites of mine:

Flickr - Steampunk Mech by Moko

Spoiler
Steampunk Mech

Mobile Mechanized Tesla Cannon by captainsmog

Spoiler
MMTC: main view

Ankan VII - Tesla Series Walker by Andreas Lenander

Spoiler
Ankan VII - Tesla series walker

Oh wow. I would like to echo the sentiment of my fellow admirers. What a stunning build. I immediatly got a "Bioshock" vibe seeing it. I love, love, love the dark green and gold colour combination and the intricate details in the more ornate wheels and wing pieces. And using the bow of Aira's Airship as pauldrons is a stroke of genius. Such a lovely MOC. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Brick A Dee Brick