Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

GNOME HOME or A SEMI-TYPICAL SPECIMEN OF A MEDIAN SIZE GNOME DWELLING DEMONSTRATING THE CURRENT GNOMISH RESIDENTIAL PRACTICES IN VARLYRIO PROPER

A Semi-Typical Specimen of Median Size (But Slightly Above Average Size) Gnome Dwelling Demonstrating the Current Gnome Residential Practices in Varlyrio Proper (Not Having Appropriately Surveyed Those Dwellings Beyond the Limits of Varlyrio)

or

Gnome Home (East Varlyrian)

Provided here is a semi-typical specimen of median size (but slightly above average size) Gnome dwelling demonstrating the current residential practices in Valryio proper.   

NOTE: This representation does not include those dwellings currently established outside of the Varlyrian continuous landmass as a proper survey of these extra-Varlyrian structures has not been properly completed.  This survey is approximately 23.63% complete at this point, with an estimated approximate completion date in 14.5 years, with a standard allowance of 14.2% in either direction.

SUBNOTE: Additional information on the progress of this survey can be found in Volume 46 of "Established Standards, Practices and Societal Norms of Gnome Society, And All Associated Concepts and Appurtenances of Relevance"  by the Inter-Guild Society of Gnomish Researchers, Inventors, Technologists and Academics (IGSGRITA).

The prototypical Gnome presented is myself, Kerstibal Bigglemont - Gnome Artificer and Inventor Extraordinaire, Future-Archaeologic Resource, and IGSGRITA Certified Master Academic.

gnome_home_-_front.jpg

gnome_home_only.jpg

gnome_home_right_angle.jpg

gnome_home_right_side.jpg

gnome_home__back_side.jpg

This is a typical Gnome home, incorporating steam power, hot water heating, and other advanced technologies with varying degrees of success and efficiency.  The hot air balloon is a common gnome mode off transportation, and perfectly exemplifies the path of gnomish invention and technology - it sometimes takes you where you want, if you plan ahead, but often takes you in a completely unanticipated direction.

:laugh: :grin:  Sweet little home there, Rogue, love the pre-steampunk vibe going on here!  I can't make out what that part in the middle is, but it makes a great frame-work for the dwelling :thumbup:  Nice work with the balloon and landing pad too!

Very cool and will be a solid inspiration for future Varlyrio gnome builds.

I really like the door with the rounded corners, and also the pipe smokestack coming out the top!  Nice landing pad for the balloon too!  Good to finally get a glimpse of the Varlyrian gnome homes!

hahaha I was like 'what's with the capital letters and everything..?', then read the intro and laughed big time :roflmao::roflmao:

Nice little build, many of those parts I had never seen before (and the central one is only one big thing? :oh:)! Also, good to see some more on Varlyrian gnomes - keep it coming! :thumbup:

I CAN'T BREATHE  :roflmao::thumbup:

Overcomplication is an understatement.

NPU on the Racers bellows! Wasn't this on big the Varlyrio trade island build, too?

Great interpretation of Gnomish technology, in my opinion a good benchmark of what is just right level of rare technology for Historica :thumbup:

Nice Gnome building, RA! They sure do live in comfort. There is a reason Henjin and Galaria brought some Gnomes back with them from Bandari when they returned to Avalonia...hot water is a nice thing to have, along with radiant floor heating! I love the Gnomish writing and style you have put into that part of it, too, with the oddly scientific and yet somewhat imprecise wording. Glad to see this race being given some love. 

Absolutely hilarious writeup!  I like this nice little build, and think it fits the gnomish culture perfectly.  The hot air balloon is a nice touch.  My only suggestion would be to light the MOC more for photos.  Your photography is normally top notch, though, so I'm guessing this was just a fluke.  Great job!