Hi everyone, finally took some pics of my Xerion. Its kind-of finished, but could do with some cleaning up here and there. Anyway, here's what i have so far..!

4 Wheel drive (Motorised RC)

3 Diff locks, all using the orange wave selector and all manual. Track width is about 1L to wide, but to get the drive, steering and diff lock in, plus have the tyres not foul the chassis when turning, its the best compromise.

2 steering modes - both the steering and the mode selector are motorised and RC. Rear axle has two steering racks, small LA slide the pinion axle to engage the 'other' rack to give standard 4 wheel steering and crab.

Rotating cab using a modified version of 42054 - was motorised, but changed the layout of a few bits, not yet reconnected it. Bonnet is a lengthened 42054 but mounted at a different angle.

Rear 3 point linkage, motorised and RC. Very similar to the one i had on the Axion.

Dimensions are: 130mm tyres, Overall length 46cm, height 24cm and wheelbase is 22cm

Not sure if i'm going develop it much further... i get kinda bored after a while and take things apart to start something new. (case IH Stieger or Magnum Row trac maybe...)

I'm always poor and embedding and sharing pics, so at some point in the next 10 mins i'll get the flickr album link added plus a couple of pics. Hopefully.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskPKa6M1

45641163525_ca6dd88557_c.jpg20190101_131359 by Team Thrifty, on Flickr

32681349948_8bfc3d5f02_c.jpg20190101_131337 by Team Thrifty, on Flickr

45641162335_f2c5d058b5_c.jpg20190101_131638 by Team Thrifty, on Flickr

Here's one next to 42082 for scale.. (and also some of my building environment)

31614354927_46c048894d_c.jpg20190101_134917 by Team Thrifty, on Flickr

This one is real monster; if you continue building so big, you will need licences for this :laugh:

It looks very well shaped.

I personally plan to keep my mocs assembled (but my wife is starting to understand because parts tend to worn out or even to brake, and after several usage they are extremely loose)

Just one question - did you plan to integrate all of your mocs in one tread?

Edited by I_Igor

Thank you! Yes, maybe a licence is needed :grin:

I'm going to add some pics of its insides to show the routing of the diff locks and steering - tempted to build a V2 as this was progressive refinement and does lead to messy areas that could be better...

More images are always welcome. I envy you on Blue 20 clutched gear (I need one to finish my Fastrac), but I'll wait until it will be available here. Somehow I have feeling that my Fastrac is actually biggest moc desirable with ~~ 46 studs long, ~~21,5 studs width, ~~26 studs height, but you know best how your moc performs. :wink:

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Tell you what, if I'd been wearing a hat it would've flown off upon seeing those tyres. Woah.

Now just imagine if TLC would take a challenge and make such tires :drool:

I can't help but feel the tractor looks too small with those wheels attached. Maybe it's just me...

I'll be using those same tyres and building the same Claas Xerion 5000, though different functions, and I'm going much bigger

4 hours ago, Carsten Svendsen said:

I can't help but feel the tractor looks too small with those wheels attached

Its to scale... 130mm tyres vs 2.15m gives 16.5:1 scale and the wheelbase/height/length/width are all to scale. I love bigger, believe me! But won't be to scale..

I love the idea of the same moc and tyres built by someone else though, hoping there's some great ideas to borrow from you!!

11 hours ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

we need a video showing off all those functions

You're correct, i need to do one... its just laziness stopping me! I'll do one this weekend, but it will only be a mobile phone one... no fancy editing or anything!!