mlongworth

Helenia Warhorses

Princess Rhiannon has finally gotten the horses back up and running. A new paddock and training ring. Only the best horses from her father's original stock are breed and chosen to be trained. They start them young. The white Colt is being started on the cavalletti poles by Jem. Another horse is being cooled down by Jack. Poor young Jeb is stuck cleaning stalls. All is overseen by the princesses horse master. He is Jericho and was taught himself in a far off land many years ago. Today he is teaching a large black steed the final of the airs above ground. The capriole move takes a lot of practice to master but is very effective in battle. 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127332323@N05/775Xp4

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127332323@N05/ft62C5

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127332323@N05/We98nh

This build is my task 6 entry. Helenia Warhorses is my special trade. Not sure if it also applied to my HSS. Based partly from the lippizzanner stallions. C&c welcome and yes I know I need to work on my photos sorry

Edited by mlongworth

Hi sorry to be a nuisance but Flickr is blocked in China where I am. Could you link a couple of photos into the post directly. Then I can see them. Looking forward to seeing some horse training!

Thanks!

I like the fencing, the roofing for the stables, and the concept itself.  Nice work!  it would be good if you could post some actual pictures instead of just links like this:

32660342298_32096e7535_z_d.jpg

The lack of pictures in the thread makes it hard to give good critique and feedback, but I do like the CMF stands in the roof, and the droid arms with bars make for a good enclosure. The structure itself is nice, too, from what I can see of it, mixing columns and arches well. The posing of the figs and horses is also well done. Presentation could be cleaned up a bit more, cropping or otherwise editing out the background where it shows through the paper, but it looks like another good build from you!

nice job here, the roofed stable looks nice. You could've gone for an irregular base, show us a bit of what's all around. however, good to know there are some well trained horses inAvalonia, shoud the need arise.. :wink:

Nice work!  I like the irregular base, and the open stables.  I also like that you were careful to detail grass around the fences (where it would not get trod down), and the droid arm fences--they look really good.  I think my favorite part is the bucking horse kicking people over!  The photos are a bit grainy; I would suggest more light (even just adding some desk lamps aimed at the creation), as it will help the exposure and give you a less grainy shot.  Enjoy seeing your builds, and look forward to more!

I like the simple paddock setup and how you included a slight bit of landscaping outside the fence :thumbup:

Good choice of minifigures and some nice posing brings the scene to life. Well done making a unique roof setup with the long slope on back and short front edge :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

The droid arms do a good job functioning as the fence and I like the simplicity of the stables. As others have said, the roof is really well done

Thanks everyone my first large build without a lot of vegetation so I was a little worried. I'm glad everyone seemed to like my roof. I am redoing my Lego area so a good setup for pics is getting done.