efferman

42096 Porsche 911 RSR Mods and improvements

On 5/4/2020 at 1:01 AM, -_-Husky-_- said:

IMG_3985

IMG_3988

- Got rid of all holes in the floor

- Working door locks

Can share what parts are need???

A question for anyone that has done the light mod to the more sensible round dish. What size are they?

Are they 2 x 2, 3 x 3 or 4 x 4? Preferably in trans-yellow

Love the lowering of the rear suspension @efferman! I took that as inspiration to lower the front the same amount.  It greatly improves the stance!

IMG_8527.jpg

IMG_8526.jpg

IMG_8528.jpg

I also implemented something similar to @Lionintown's engine compartment cover, and upgraded the engine compartment a bit with a few turbos.

IMG_8533.jpg

IMG_8530.jpg

IMG_8531.jpg

IMG_8532.jpg

hey guys, 

i bought the porsche 911 rsr and started looking around for more info came across this wonderfull forum that i had to join. i seen alot of pics of modified rsr's and as a model builder/ gundam builder i always love the costumize and modified my models. so i started to look around.

now i have 2 questions that i think you could help me with. (coz this is my first lego tech build) 

question 1 do the wheels of the chiron techic fit on the rsr? i found the break/ connection part for the chiron tires but dont know if the tires will look to big or wont even fit. plus i also found the rims with tires from the chiron i think it would love wonderfull on this model 

question 2 are they any diff stickers for this model? and if so where can i find them. i love the look but i hate the diff in white. are there waterslide decals for this car? 

can't wait for your tips. 

thanks in advanced. 

Magdy 

Magdy,

I don't think the chiron wheels will fit plus the hubs for the chiron wheels are different then the hubs supplied.

I've seen a few different sticker sheets floating around. For Art Stickers by Molnar are one option

45 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Magdy,

I don't think the chiron wheels will fit plus the hubs for the chiron wheels are different then the hubs supplied.

I've seen a few different sticker sheets floating around. For Art Stickers by Molnar are one option

hey Mark, 

thanks for youre reply i found the hub for the chiron rims but like you said i think they will be to big, i think i'm going to mod a few RC rims. just gonna look for a nice size to fit them on. 

gonna look for the stickers. 

@magdy you could get the wheels from the Land Rover Defender id you want... It would require some mods, but the tire size is the same.

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but have admired every effort shared on this topic. Just wanted to share a few pics of my own attempt at a WIP project. 

I did my best to accurately clean up the proportions as much as i could with a little extra personal flair.

rsr1.jpg

rsr2.jpg

rsr3.jpg

rsr4.jpg

Edited by James Beyond
Grammer

Having built 42096 with various mods, looked at the incorrect proportions, tore it down and built JamesJT/Geyserbricks MOC-35921. Very satisfying build and a great result.

19 hours ago, James Beyond said:

Hey everyone, im am new to this forum but have admired every effort shared on this topic. Just wanted to share a few pics of my own attempt at a WIP project. 

I did my best to accurately clean up the proportions as much as i could with a little extra personal flair.

rsr1.jpg

rsr2.jpg

rsr3.jpg

rsr4.jpg

nice!, care to share where you got those rims from? trying to find some nice replacements with text on the tire like you got 

@James Beyond It does look cleaner, great MOD! Can You share more details? Please note, that Eurobricks is not a picture hosting site, please use external storage (Bricksafe, Flickr, etc...), than you  can link here the pictures in max 1024 wide format.

On 11/1/2019 at 10:58 AM, Wattrider said:

This looks just excelent. It's a pity that Lego doesn't sale the RSR in this scale.

Is there instruction for make it in 1:8 scale somewhere?

Hi all, just joined and loving the community here. l recently purchased the RSR and like most, i am not a fan of the headlights. As a newbie could someone please post the parts required for the headlight mod that Kaydash has done?  I know the specific parts were previously listed but when Im on the lego australia website i am unable to find the parts (ie even the transparent dish for the headlight). Any guidance would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, imdarkwingduck said:

Hi all, just joined and loving the community here. l recently purchased the RSR and like most, i am not a fan of the headlights. As a newbie could someone please post the parts required for the headlight mod that Kaydash has done?  I know the specific parts were previously listed but when Im on the lego australia website i am unable to find the parts (ie even the transparent dish for the headlight). Any guidance would be appreciated!

I'm from Australia too, I get my pieces from bricklink not the lego store. You can search by part numbers on bricklink and you can find which stores in Australia you can buy them from.

Hi, just recently got in to Lego and got a few kits in a row and one of them is a Porsche 911 RSR. As with most people i have issues with the headlights and wheel arches. I don't have any spare Lego pieces, but i have a 3D printer I decided to fill in some of the gaps and here are the results. :wink:

1280x855.jpg1280x855.jpg1280x855.jpg1280x855.jpg1280x855.jpg

On 6/11/2019 at 7:50 PM, Kaydash said:

i agree with Steinbeisserheld,

It has some flaws but i'm not too much into his moc though, looks like an off-road porsche to me. Once lowered, i can deal with the wheels. I work on a rewamp of the front. Still a long shot though! 

62104465-2303565443244290-28761604851100

62245839-2303565179910983-49169853462326

62445345-2303565236577644-37361046095512

I'd love some pics on how you did the light conversion please 

On 5/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, -_-Husky-_- said:

IMG_3974

IMG_3975

IMG_3976

IMG_3977

IMG_3978

IMG_3979

IMG_3980

IMG_3981

IMG_3982

IMG_3983

IMG_3984

IMG_3985

IMG_3987

IMG_3986

IMG_3988

IMG_3989

IMG_3990

IMG_3991

IMG_3992

IMG_3993

IMG_3233

My mods and improvements to this car:

- Fake brakes at the front and the rear

- Moved the steering mechanism in front of the front wheels in order to attach the fake brakes behind the front wheels

- Lowered suspension

- New front splitter and front end

- More realistic looking headlights

- New taillights

- Filled the gaps near the headlights and at the front

- Filled the gaps near the taillights

- Filled all gaps at the rear

- Filled the gaps in front of the rear wheels (air intakes)

- Filled the gaps in front of and behind the front and rear wheels

- Filled the gaps between the front hood and the dashboard

- Got rid of all holes in the floor

- Made the hood flat

- Working door locks

- Improved steering wheel

_ Improved dashboard and interior

- Improved seat

- Added a fire extinguisher in the cabin

Can I have some better pics of the headlight conversion please?

@someRANDguy That looks really good, the white isnt a 1:1 colour match, but then again, lego themselves dont manage to keep their colours matched either, and the design of the added pieces looks really spot on, kudos!

@Neil_Dalby If you are gonna quote a long post like that, please delete the pics in the quote, saves everyone a lot of needless scrolling.

Wow, so much great customizations in this topic ! :pir-love:

I really like my RSR a lot, however there was a juggernaut bad point that pissed me off all the time: the rear wheels keep rubbing against the chassis. Then I saw  Steinbeisserheld's mod and I wanted to do the same, and using the set's own pieces. It was not rally easy, but I am satisfied with my solution.

Here can see the transition (in red the classical setup, and in green the new one) :

911-RSR_Transition.jpg

Below is the final setup → Notice the blac 1x5 has been replaced by the 1x7 that was just beside the suspensions and the gray 1x11 was moved ahead to keep on maintaining the structure :

911-RSR_Below.jpg

One problem induced with my change is that the bodywork was not well attached to the chassis around the rear wheels (in red), so I used the black 1x5 to fix that (in green) :

911-RSR_Inside.jpg

In the end, I am pretty happy : no more friction of the wheels on the chassis – and without getting any new piece !

Edited by Celeri

Hey guys, I'm new here, and possibly a little late too.

I'm just wondering, what would you guys recommend in terms of lowering the suspension of the model? I've seen one simple mod on Rebrickable but I'd rather not use that one as it completely diminishes the cars suspension - compresses it so that it doesnt work at all. I would like to lower the car and keep the suspension functionality at the same time. Anyone know how to do that?