efferman

42096 Porsche 911 RSR Mods and improvements

Hi Guys,

Ive recently built the 42096, yet the steering is "bad" here.

Any1 can maybe provide list of parts and some instructions for the HOG upgrade?

Ive seen some pics here with the knob at the end of car. It would be great if some1 could provide some simple instructions.

Hi guys, it's kinda finished (for now) ^^

Rear is wider, i add few chromed parts, rear window has been replaced, changed the front yet again.

IMG-20190809-162244.jpg

IMG-20190802-164727.jpg

IMG-20190802-164235.jpg

20190727-184416.jpg

IMG-20190809-161813.jpg

IMG-20190809-161751.jpg

IMG-20190731-122037.jpg

IMG-20190731-121748.jpg

Cya!

Edited by Kaydash

On 2/24/2019 at 9:53 AM, Hitekniklg said:

Hey guys, check out my rsr in the same scale as the original porsche. If you like it, drop me a follow @hitekniklg (instagram). More shots of the rsr there :)

883EDD81-A671-4982-AB33-57E97ED132DA.jpeg

This looks just excelent. It's a pity that Lego doesn't sale the RSR in this scale.

@Kaydash looks good, if it werent for me wanting realism, id swap the red wheels on there in a heartbeat, it looks so good.

How did you drop the suspension by the way? I really want mine about half a stud lower, but i cant figure out an easy fix, and dont really want to rebuild both axels

On 11/1/2019 at 11:39 AM, vectormatic said:

How did you drop the suspension by the way? 

I used a really simple mod, requiring very few bits without taking axles apart

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-21406/RB-instructions/porsche-911-rsr-lowered-tiefergelegt/#comments

As i widen the rear by 2 studs in total, i had to modify this moc a bit, but if you dont intend to do more with your rear axle, this should do the trick ;)

I really prefer the red

20191103-110853.jpg

20191103-111045.jpg

20191103-111136.jpg

Edited by Kaydash

@Kaydash Thanks for the link, very simple indeed, but im not sure i like that solution, on the rear it simple limits the travel, and at the front it fixates the suspension entirely, i think the front would be improved by fixating both ends of the axle though the upper wishbone and removing the spring, as this takes away any latent tension. Sadly this solution stops it from any travel, and as such removes a features from the model.

I do agree that in terms of looks, it is much much better then the stock version

3 hours ago, vectormatic said:

@KaydashThanks for the link, very simple indeed, but im not sure i like that solution, on the rear it simple limits the travel, and at the front it fixates the suspension entirely, i think the front would be improved by fixating both ends of the axle though the upper wishbone and removing the spring, as this takes away any latent tension. Sadly this solution stops it from any travel, and as such removes a features from the model.

I do agree that in terms of looks, it is much much better then the stock version

I have to agree with you on that. I'm on to other projects but I think I'll get back to it, and come up with a new solution.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:32 PM, Lionintown said:

Hello! Some time ago I took second place in the tuning contest with this model, inside a lot of interesting things and tricks!

- four-wheel drive (4L motors, servo, buwizz)

- safety frame, realistic doors, wide body, new spoiler, air cooling, light and more

- finished red line along the body, new stickers and matching wheels

78vrO21hVJ0.jpg

Nx0nlhl-e8k.jpg

6pnMch21xms.jpg

Pne9YgrlqhU.jpg

G2NiV1MBigw.jpg

mzIs5zHB5o0.jpg

67hZrUsvvkU.jpg

nx7GCh08FbI.jpg

i_U8UE5D3Z8.jpg

k20NlVgKBFY.jpg

caZ1PuggrOM.jpg

Great job man. Please tell me what are those panels on the lower front of the doors. I cant find them.

Edited by Max_Power85

On 2/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, c2h5oh said:

Forgot to mention in the vid: make sure to be in a good ventilated area. And for the arches with more paint, take more steps. Rinse it of in between or it eats the lego and it wil get really ugly. On the video you can see the edges of where the paint was, repeat to also remove these.

I've used just a normal nail polish remover and works just fine. No need of extra ventilation either.

Back to the topic, I bought this set a while ago and should build it soon and see what it becomes.

I decided to mod the part of this car that I thought the Lego team really "mailed in"... the side "fins" of the rear wing. In my opinion, my modification makes it look much better - and much closer to the real thing.

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8130.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8127.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

After three weeks in Covid19 lockdown in New Zealand and a few more weeks to go, I managed to find a store willing to ship a Porsche 911 RSR. Something to pass the time and work through a few mods.

I wasn’t interested in buying this when it first came out, hated the front end, frog head-lights and the amount of stickers.

50049306297_ec19d7b6e7_c_d.jpg

Having seen a few other mods and looking at some real RSR’s from a press launch, first up was pumping out the rear guards and dropping the front & rear ride height. Replaced 50 x 3L Blue pins with black ones, blending into the exterior body panels/liftarms better.

I wanted to do away with frog head-lights, replacing them with round Trans-Yellow dishes. Also fitted extra panels to clean up bonnet area, fill in empty areas up to base of windscreen. Tapered the Black panel fairing behind the door into the rear pillar

50049306347_d64ef89bd3_c_d.jpg

Back end was also slightly revised, wing width, rear defuser, tow-loop and proper dual exhausts. Stickers were kept to a minimum, where the large stickers were applied I trimmed off the mismatched white colour sections - so they integrated into panels cleaner.

Edited by LegoHoops
Photo

IMG_3974

IMG_3975

IMG_3976

IMG_3977

IMG_3978

IMG_3979

IMG_3980

IMG_3981

IMG_3982

IMG_3983

IMG_3984

IMG_3985

IMG_3987

IMG_3986

IMG_3988

IMG_3989

IMG_3990

IMG_3991

IMG_3992

IMG_3993

IMG_3233

My mods and improvements to this car:

- Fake brakes at the front and the rear

- Moved the steering mechanism in front of the front wheels in order to attach the fake brakes behind the front wheels

- Lowered suspension

- New front splitter and front end

- More realistic looking headlights

- New taillights

- Filled the gaps near the headlights and at the front

- Filled the gaps near the taillights

- Filled all gaps at the rear

- Filled the gaps in front of the rear wheels (air intakes)

- Filled the gaps in front of and behind the front and rear wheels

- Filled the gaps between the front hood and the dashboard

- Got rid of all holes in the floor

- Made the hood flat

- Working door locks

- Improved steering wheel

_ Improved dashboard and interior

- Improved seat

- Added a fire extinguisher in the cabin

Edited by -_-Husky-_-

On 1/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, efferman said:

It seems this Car needs a topic like this. first from me a small mod to make the axles less wobbly

edit: a small frontmod and lowered the back a bit

31605180707_53cc154d59_c.jpg

I am a new LEGO fan. Just bought this set. If I mod it to lower like you, will I need extra pieces or all is in the bags?

On 5/4/2020 at 1:01 AM, -_-Husky-_- said:

- Lowered suspension

- Got rid of all holes in the floor

Can share how to do the above? Thanks.

Edited by discoburg

4 hours ago, discoburg said:

I am a new LEGO fan. Just bought this set. If I mod it to lower like you, will I need extra pieces or all is in the bags?

There is a need for extra pieces

2 hours ago, efferman said:

There is a need for extra pieces

Care to share what are the extra pieces needed? Thanks for the reply.

47 minutes ago, discoburg said:

Care to share what are the extra pieces needed?

49865802996_da537a4dd6_c.jpg

45822302204_ea68d924ca_c.jpg