adadk

[WIP] crawlspace Lego "mancave"

In one side of my house' crawlspace. 13 feet wide and 20 feet long.

Built my MOC "table" on a frame built with 2x4s and set on 360° rotating casters for easy rolling. The top is 4 interior slab doors each measuring 30" x 80". So 60" x 160" total size. (6 by 16 baseplates).

I also have built a trough along one wall for my loose bricks. 17 feet long, 15 inches wide. Will probably need to wire some more lights above it - it's a bit dark due to the current lights being in the centre of the crawlspace, and the majority of my pieces being black.

Yes my rolly chair is pink. Don't care. Just gonna be me under here anyways building away...
Pics taken with my GoPro Hero 5 so I can take a wider FOV.

GOPR0010.jpg

GOPR0011.jpg

GOPR0012.jpg

GOPR0013.jpg

GOPR0014.jpg

GOPR0015.jpg

Ever since i saw the videos and pictures of Brian Darrow's Blacktron Intelligence Agency, I wanted to do something similar. Heck, I even bought some monorail track that was used in the BIA a couple years ago from Brian on eBay.

The baseplates will be the problem though. The table can hold 96 of them. Might take me a couple years to have purchased enough to fill this thing.

---------------------------------------------------------

Currently, plans are for a massive Blacktron 1 base, with monorail, etc. Additionally, I'm currently in the process of building Classic Space sets in the Blacktron 1 theme, with some conversions of M:Tron, Futuron, Blacktron 2, etc. as well.

Looks like a good start for a nice layout.  I can see that place becoming quite comfortable with a little finishing work.  More to the point, that Blacktron fleet is enormous!  How long did it take you to acquire all those kits?

Just now, icm said:

Looks like a good start for a nice layout.  I can see that place becoming quite comfortable with a little finishing work.  More to the point, that Blacktron fleet is enormous!  How long did it take you to acquire all those kits?

A few years. 6 of my 11 Renegades were purchased through eBay/Bricklink since they have the original 2x2 yellow tile with grille pattern. The other 5 I built with existing parts, but don't have the tiles to make them 100%.
Of the actual BT sets - I have 11 Renegades, 7 Invaders, 5 Alienators, 4 Battrax, and 1 (built) Message Intercept Base. (I actually have the necessary parts to build 2 more MIBs).

This is impressive! I too would be interested in any updates, since I am also planning on building my Lego room into my crawlspace, with the exception that there will only be about an inch of space above my head when sitting down! I won't have all the display space, either. I have never seen the built-in trough idea before, but I gotta say I like it, and I'm still at the planning stage, so it's not too late to add one...

On 6/2/2019 at 3:54 AM, deraven said:

Any updates on this space?  Still love the huge trough of Lego along the whole wall.  :classic:

Not really unfortunately. Now that the weather is nice here in Canada, my free time is spent outside trying to restore my speedboat....not cramped up in my crawlspace building my base. I did however add another light over the rocking chair to eliminate the shadow in the trough at the far end.

Edited by adadk