Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

Kashgar Customs [VAR - Freebuild]

After a few months (got a new born son, and we called him Moos)... finally with x-mas some time to build.

Kashgar is growing and every day new shipments and tradegoods are unloaded by the many ships that enter the harbour.
Taxes need to be payed and smuggleware has to be reduced to a minimum, so the Khaor family build a small customs office
at the end of the docks. The Lionelle called Shimbash leads a small unit of soldiers and officers to ensure no illegal goods
enter Varlyrio from this port.

44709977270_1f34cfc776.jpg 31587077637_afe4ebd9ce.jpg

Edited by narbilu

Nice Build again.  I like the colors and the arches and columns are a nice touch.  I like the use of the dome piece makes it stand out.  Base is great too, I like the tile work.  Figs are neat too.  Does this belong with your village you are doing?

Congrats on baby Moos. Liking this building, just as with the others you've been doing recently. The dome is nice, especially the spike, but the support pillars lean a bit it looks like?

I think the tiled floor is a standout. I don't know why I never think to use 1x1 tiles that way but I bet I have enough of the right colors...

A lovely addition to Kashgar!

Love the colour choices and the mixture of smooth pillars and textured walls. The dome with spike looks great too, what are the flaps on the underside? I don't have one of those domes so presumably that's what keeps the two halves together?

Neat, nice colour coordination!  But the brick profile walls need some variation, can't you throw a non textured brick of that colour in every once in a while maybe?  

Very nice build. I like how crisp and clean it looks while retaining textures due to the various bricks and walls. The only bit I think could be better is the spindly pillar at one corner. The light shines through and makes it look like that corner isn’t part of the building like the other bits. Could just be me though.

I really like the use of the half-planet dome, though I do wonder if you needed to adjust the columns a bit to make it fit better - as someone else said, they seem to be leaning a little. I like the plates with bar as a detail around the edge, though I don't think it works under the arch, since it is straight and the arch is, well, arched. The colors are great, though, and I like the contrast between the brick texture and the rest. 

Another simple, elegant build that looks great!  Love the use of the SW planet as a dome.  As usual, your color choice really looks good, and I get a mediterranean vibe from the build.  I'm enjoying seeing how these builds fit together in your city!

Very clean, I love the tiled floor, and that is a superlative use of those star wars planet things!

The neatly tiled street looks great and the colors all work well together :thumbup: You've been developing a very recognizable style with all your Varlyrio builds, and it's enjoyable seeing each new addition.

Congratulations on the birth of your son :classic: