mmmm - by my reckoning UK tyres on this are 2.13 - 2.17m high, so the 150 tyres would give a scale of around 1:14 and *could* sit nicely with some 130's on the front. Now, where would you get 4x 130mm ag tyres...? :wink:  How wide are your 130's?

too wide for that.. think they're about 65mm. i'd use duel xerion tyres on the front i think, though not checked the scale for them

yes - the xerion tyres would be 1:15.4 or 1:15.8 depending on the specific front tyre sizes, and the rears with the 150s would be 1:14.2 - 1:14.5, so 1:15 might be a good compromise. For a 3.1m real life wheelbase that would give you a 26 stud wheelbase - 2 studs shorter than my 6716s

Taking some inspiration from @Permo on this thread 

i think i have now solved my own problem using off-the-shelf lego - no need for 3d printing - and solved a few other issues such as removing wobble, getting a good gear down close to the wheel and a strong axle trumpet (axle housing to main chassis) equivalent.

finished appearance (imagine the white 6x6 radar dish is actually LGB)

45894988154_4731c766ec_z.jpgDSC_1125 by hpil 102, on Flickr 

wheel cover removed

45894984514_8a7d7e7386_z.jpgDSC_1128 by hpil 102, on Flickr

32744892848_6dcdf623b4_z.jpgDSC_1126 by hpil 102, on Flickr

turntable is a type 2 56 teeth with teeth on the inside. A z8 engages on the inside of the turntable, and theres a further 1:3 reduction in the gears in the frames, giving an overall 1:9 reduction quite close to the wheel

46566920142_b177d7456d_z.jpgDSC_1130 by hpil 102, on Flickr

partly dissembled. 8L axle with stops attach the black part of the turntable to the frame, sandwiching some 3L bits to support the axles within the frames at the same time & making for easy attachment of wheels & switching out reduction gear sets if necessary - ie a z12:z20 pair or a z16:16 pair, depending on what is needed. The frames provide plenty of opportunity for attaching to the main chassis and also for attaching the rear linkage.

:-)

Edited by hpil

Bringing tractor builders closer together! Hello there. Interesting project you've started here. Curious to see with which solutions you will come up with. 

I will be sure to follow along and give input when and where I can.

Mark 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:25 AM, TeamThrifty said:

Since looking at those tyres, i think i need 4 and then this becomes an option...

...Just bought 4... couldn't help myself!! Your thread is costing me money! :roflmao:

It could be used on other side, but I still suggest use bigger dish :wink:

Oooooh - I shall have to add some to my next order - thanks for the link! 

Fortunately the 10 x 10 dishes are, a bit cheaper than the tyres, but I think @I_Igor is right, the bigger dishes will look spot on! I shall have to crack on with building to get my next parts list built up (no pun intended!) 

I've admired your 7230R before, in particular the front grill/headlights are very realistic.. makes me want to buy green lego!

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

I've admired your 7230R before, in particular the front grill/headlights are very realistic.. makes me want to buy green lego!

My problem with Deere is only one tractor tire size from LEGO, so instead of tractor I could make harvester with new xl sprockets and self propelled sprayer (there is 4023 model if I'm not mistaken with 420/85R34 tires - some 1600mm in diameter to fit my Fastrac...)but there is also one special systems tractor in my mind (with finished axles, actually front and rear are completely the same).

My suggestion is not just to pay attention to tire overall diameter, but to use radar dish that could pretend to be correct rim size :wink:

Regards

Bought 4 of those tyres.. turned up today. they fit on my existing 3rd party rims, i've taken a pic of standard claas tyres, my 130mm tyres and the new 150mm one side by side. New ones will be used on my next moc - case steiger.

46819415342_5042023018_b.jpg20190125_132138 by Team Thrifty, on Flickr

A steiger on those is going to be hy-ooge! How do the widths of the 150s and the 130s compare side by side? 

14 minutes ago, hpil said:

is going to be hy-ooge!

Oh yes!

the 150's are about 10mm narrower, the 130's are a little bit over-size for a 900mm wide tyre, i think scale-wise the 150's are 750mm which is fine.... good width for duels. makes me wonder whether a steiger on those should be on duels. Now that would be a beast....

i used to dream of big tractor tyres when i was 10 yrs old in the early 80's, having to make do with the 853 type tyre. very small. I'm living the dream with big tyres and a disposable income!!

4 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

I used to dream of big tractor tyres when i was 10 yrs old in the early 80's, having to make do with the 853 type tyre. very small. I'm living the dream with big tyres and a disposable income!!

That was my dream when 8859 was introduced. Then I wanted to make articulated tractor with duals, to be more precisely this one:

schlueter-profi-trac-5000-tvl-klein.jpg