Digger of Bricks

LEGO Overwatch - Wishlists and Future Speculation

So, what are your hopes and speculation for the future of Lego's partnership with Blizzard Entertainment for the Overwatch theme? Which characters, vehicles, and locations are you anticipating for potential future waves? :classic:

overchars.jpg

Here are @Oky's pictorial reviews of the theme's very first wave of sets:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Thanks for making this thread! Here's what I hope a second and third wave looks like:

WAVE 2:

1. Volskaya Industries Infiltration: Includes Sombra, Zarya, Katya Volskaya and part of the Volskaya Industries map with a small elevator leading to Katya's office and a large robot arm & hand that Sombra can "hack" to bring her up to the office. Based on the Infiltration animated short.

2. Junkertown Assault: Includes, Soldier 76, Junkrat, Roadhog, the Junkertown payload and Junkertown gate with large brick built sign and opening gate function.

3. Skirmish in Hollywood: Includes Lucio, Mei, Tracer, Symmetra and movie set part of the Hollywood map, with two western buildings connected by a catwalk.

4. Overwatch "Orca" Transport: Includes Genji, Zenyatta, Bastion (recon and sentry mode), Torbjorn, Ana, a small shrine from the Nepal map and the transport with opening cargo door, a cargo bay with basketball net and conference table, a cockpit and stairs connecting the cargo bay and cockpit.

WAVE 3:

1. The Wrath of Doomfist: Includes Doomfist, Orisa (brick built) and some wrecked Numbani scenery

2. Route 66 Ambush: Includes McCree, Ashe, Bob, the Route 66 payload and the Big Earl's garage building.

3. Escape from Horizon Lunar Colony: Includes Winston, Wrecking Ball, Mercy and the first control point of the map. 

4. Attack on Eichenwalde: Includes Reinhardt (smaller mech) with shield, Brigitte, Reaper, Moira, a bridge and the front of Eichenwalde castle with a large gate, small entrances on either side and a throne.

Edited by Wonkyeye1

I've been waiting for a wishlisting topic for Overwatch.

For general speculation, I think we'll definitely see the Orca Dropship and a Junkertown set soon. I would also like to see more sets based off the cinematics and the lore such as the Talon vehicles shown in Alive and Retribution and some Talon troopers to go with them.

Aside from that, here are some of my set ideas:

Battle in Numbani (sort of based of the Doomfist origin trailer)

Primal Rage Winston, Tracer, Doomfist

Payload with space for Doomfist’s gauntlet, Numbani scenery

Volskaya Industries (based of the 'Infiltration' cinematic)

Reaper, Sombra, Zarya, Katya Volskaya, Mech Pilot

Syvatogor Mech, Mech Bay

Rescue from Route 66 (based of the 'Reunion' cinematic)

Mcree, Echo, Ashe, Bob

Route 66 Diner and Payload, Ashe’s Bike

Rialto Talon Headquarters

Doomfist (formal), Moira, Maximilien, Talon Troopers x2, Mcree, Genji

Talon HQ with council room (possibly other rooms not seen in the map such as a laboratory for Moira), Rialto Payload

That's all for now, I might add some more ideas later on. 

Edited by JasonEffex

At least 1 of each "minfigure" in their basic skin would be nice .

Some characters would be a bit more complicated at proper scale.

Orisa and Roadhog likely be specialized Bigfigs.

Bastion would be a build using small parts (maybe special parts like they did with Star Wars droids).

Edited by TeriXeri

What are my hopes for this line?  That it end soon and Logo makes stuff I might actually buy?  Right now, this line is just saving me money.

6 hours ago, quark12000 said:

What are my hopes for this line?  That it end soon and Logo makes stuff I might actually buy?  Right now, this line is just saving me money.

Oh it saves me money too, right now other themes look more interesting.

But I still hope they'll make 1 of each character instead of going into more duplicates (2x reaper already in 1st wave even if they are different).

I could understand Duplicate Nexo Knights(5 characters) but when you have a roster of 29 heroes that's strange.

The brick-built Bastion x2 instead of at least 1 "minifig scale" version is just the most disappoinment for me.

Edited by TeriXeri

The popular picks seem to be Volskaya Industries, Junkertown and Route 66, so I might as well throw my hat in.

WAVE 2: 

Route 66 Showdown: A small set with the payload from Route 66 as the main build and a brick-built Bob as a side build. Minifigures; McCree, Ashe, brick-built Bob.

Junkertown Assault: A medium-sized set with the Junkertown payload and outer gate as main builds. Possibly also Wrecking Ball's mech. Minifigures; Junkrat, bigfig Roadhog, hopefully Wrecking Ball, and either a random inhabitant of Junkertown (who will, no doubt, fit in well with Apocalypseburg) or a repeat of a hero from the first wave. Probably 76 or Tracer.

Volskaya Industries Infiltration: The big set of the wave: major builds include a Syvatogor Mech, possibly scaffolding with a crane attachment, and Katka's office with desk. Minifigs: repeats of Reaper and Widowmaker, Sombra, Zarya, and Katya Volskaya. 

I also suspect that we shall see a set in the vein of 1HY's Bastion modelled on Orisa, but I hope not; both Bastion sets were very disappointing and I have no interest in sets that aren't mining-scale. 

WAVE 3: 

Zenyatta's Training: A small set to represent part of the monastery seen in "Inner Peace", probably some training equipment. Minifigs: Genji and Zenyatta. (Alternatively; "Attack On Zen Temple"; larger and including a bigger build with a statue, and also including Hanzo.)

Ecopoint: Antarctica Defence: A medium-sized set focused on the Ecopoint base. Minifigs: Mei (and a reprinted BB-8 head in grey as Snowball), Sombra and Doomfist.

Assault on Talon: Talon's base of operations, probably some kind of Talon car too (because no set can not have a vehicle or some kind). Possibly also some kind of bike for 76 or McCree. Minifigs: Doomfist, Reaper, Sombra, McCree and 76. 

Battle for Busan: A flagship set featuring the MV-261 Orca, a scaled-down version of D.VA's mech, a mining-scale Bastion, and two Omnic drones as seen in "Shooting Star". Minifigs: D.Va, Bastion, Tracer, Dae-hyun, and one other repeat hero, probably 76. 

In all honesty, I don't see Overwatch lasting more than three waves as a theme. I hope it does, but as far as being realistic goes, 1HY 2020 is probably the best shot. I'm FAR more hopeful that this partnership between LEGO and Blizzard is only getting started and we'll soon see more sets for the likes of World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm - in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Overwatch as a distinct theme was eventually phased out and replaced with 'LEGO Heroes of the Storm', or just 'LEGO Blizzard Gaming', an umbrella theme that can consolidate all Blizzard-based sets under one roof.

Here's to a long and happy relationship that will get us collectors lots of cool toys.

I'd be interested to see how Lego would translate this MV-261 Orca spoken of by others here into bricks, as its gold-visored cockpit canopy may translate into a Transparent Yellow canopy recolor within the set's interpretation! More MOC fuel for fans of Classic Space! :grin:

1000?cb=20160707014708

13 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm FAR more hopeful that this partnership between LEGO and Blizzard is only getting started and we'll soon see more sets for the likes of World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm - in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Overwatch as a distinct theme was eventually phased out and replaced with 'LEGO Heroes of the Storm', or just 'LEGO Blizzard Gaming', an umbrella theme that can consolidate all Blizzard-based sets under one roof.

I'm always down for any preexisting property being consolidated under a broader "umbrella" theme, whether it be licensed or in-house. Lego had a good thing going with DC/Marvel SuperHeroes until they deconstructed its branding into individual character/movie focuses. :thumbdown: :hmpf_bad:

Roadhog and Junkrat's motorcycle is a mandatory set (I'm even surprised that it wasn't in the first wave, since they made a perfect body for Roadhog in one of the Sons of Garmadon set):

PerfectSpotlessGrebe-poster.jpg

I think it goes without saying that I too hope for the rest of the roster to show up in a wave 2 and beyond. Although, I really hope that we get the rest of the release characters before the any later released characters. Since they keep adding more to the game itself I don’t want to wait several years for all of the original heroes. Also, I hope any rerelease of wave 1 characters have different skins (within reason). I think a large D2C set would be a great thing for this theme. A large section of a popular map with enough characters for two full teams would be a good seller I think. 

Because Overwatch seems to have much more emphasis on locations rather than vehicles, I see a lot of potential for some interesting architectural representation within possible future sets. For instance, I'd be interested to see what would come of sets portraying locations such as HollywoodEichenwaldeNumbani, and Oasis just to name a few.

1000?cb=201606050116291000?cb=201608230410531000?cb=201605040220451000?cb=20161203031638

It's been said before in this thread but I'll mention it again: Castle Eichenwalde. 

Include the battering ram, the front gate, complete with destroyable front doors and a portcullis, a sniper's perch outside, and some interior detailing, and have it act more as a facade, similarly to the Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion set. Include the throne at the end of the map as a separate build, as well as some crumbling features for play, such as breakable walls. 

For figures, I'd include Ana (so you have someone to use in the sniper's perch), Zarya, Brigitte, Zenyatta, and Baldrich, so you can sit him on the throne.

A controversial idea might be Blizzard World. I know the map's considered one of the game's weaker ones, but if memory recalls, Blizzard's been wanting Lego World of Warcraft sets for ages. Perhaps a Blizzard World set might be the way to get around it?

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

It's been said before in this thread but I'll mention it again: Castle Eichenwalde. 

Include the battering ram, the front gate, complete with destroyable front doors and a portcullis, a sniper's perch outside, and some interior detailing, and have it act more as a facade, similarly to the Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion set. Include the throne at the end of the map as a separate build, as well as some crumbling features for play, such as breakable walls. 

No doubt such a set would be of great interest to fans of Classic Castle. :smug:

With yesterday’s excellent news that the Overwatch theme will continue in 2020, I wanted to revive this thread and share what sets I think we’ll see next year. A couple things to note before I get to the sets:

a)      Since we’re getting 6 sets at the beginning of 2020 just like we did this year, my sets will follow the same content/pricing format as both 2019 waves for consistencies sake, with only 1 additional set added to the fall wave.

b)      I’m going to predict that the two heroes yet-to-be added to the game in 2019 will be Mauga from the Baptiste comic recently released and Echo from last year’s Reunion animated short.

76978 – Lucio vs Symmetra: Includes Lucio, Symmetra, 3 hardlight turrets, a hardlight teleporter and the Eichenwalde payload.

76979 – Sombra vs Zarya: Includes Sombra, Zarya, Katya Volskaya and part of Volskaya Industries with Katya’s office and a large omnic hand that Sombra can use to raise herself up to the office. (As seen in the Infiltration short)

76980 – Route 66 Ambush: Includes McCree, Ashe, Echo, a brick-built B.O.B., the Route 66 payload and a facade of Big Earl’s Garage with a large gas sign.

76981 – Doomfist’s Attack on Numbani: Includes Doomfist, Genji, a brick-built Orisa, the Numbani payload with a storage container for Doomfist’s gauntlet and a raised catwalk from the map.

76982 – D.Va: Includes D.Va and a larger version of her mech than the one in 75973, in the same scale as the brick-built Bastion from 75974.

76983 – Overwatch “Orca” Transport: Includes Tracer, Ana, Zenyatta, Moira, a small shrine from the Nepal map and the transport with cargo bay with opening doors, basketball net, conference table and stairs leading to the front cockpit.

And for the fall 2020 wave:

1. Snowball: Includes Mei and a life-size brick-built Snowball. (Credit to @hachiroku for this great idea!)

2. Torbjorn’s Workshop: Includes Torbjorn, Brigitte, a minifig-scale, brick-built Bastion (all 3 forms), 3 Torb turrets (all 3 levels) and a workbench.

3. Talon Dropship Assault: Includes Mercy, Baptiste, Mauga, two gas pumps from the Havana map and the dropship with cockpit and troop bay.

So I've been lurking here without an account since...2012, I think? And this is the post that finally forces me to join up and comment. 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:06 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

76983 – Overwatch “Orca” Transport: Includes Tracer, Ana, Zenyatta, Moira, a small shrine from the Nepal map and the transport with cargo bay with opening doors, basketball net, conference table and stairs leading to the front cockpit.

Yes. This. A Lego Orca has been something I've been hoping for since I first heard Overwatch would be a theme. I'm a huge fan of system scale ships and done right (with a price point around £100/£120) an Orca would be a day #1, waiting in line outside the Lego shop purchase. 

Also - "stairs leading to the front cockpit". X'D I hope for the day that Lego will get that right - when my minifigures won't have to climb outside of their Quinjet, Millennium Falcon or Orca and make a wing-walk in order to reach the controls...   

Has there been any news apart from those leaked set numbers last year? Are the sets delayed because of COVID-19 or just discontinued because the theme didn't do so well? I'm not saying it didn't, just asking.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:06 PM, Wonkyeye1 said:

With yesterday’s excellent news that the Overwatch theme will continue in 2020, I wanted to revive this thread and share what sets I think we’ll see next year. A couple things to note before I get to the sets:

a)      Since we’re getting 6 sets at the beginning of 2020 just like we did this year, my sets will follow the same content/pricing format as both 2019 waves for consistencies sake, with only 1 additional set added to the fall wave.

b)      I’m going to predict that the two heroes yet-to-be added to the game in 2019 will be Mauga from the Baptiste comic recently released and Echo from last year’s Reunion animated short.

76978 – Lucio vs Symmetra: Includes Lucio, Symmetra, 3 hardlight turrets, a hardlight teleporter and the Eichenwalde payload.

76979 – Sombra vs Zarya: Includes Sombra, Zarya, Katya Volskaya and part of Volskaya Industries with Katya’s office and a large omnic hand that Sombra can use to raise herself up to the office. (As seen in the Infiltration short)

76980 – Route 66 Ambush: Includes McCree, Ashe, Echo, a brick-built B.O.B., the Route 66 payload and a facade of Big Earl’s Garage with a large gas sign.

76981 – Doomfist’s Attack on Numbani: Includes Doomfist, Genji, a brick-built Orisa, the Numbani payload with a storage container for Doomfist’s gauntlet and a raised catwalk from the map.

76982 – D.Va: Includes D.Va and a larger version of her mech than the one in 75973, in the same scale as the brick-built Bastion from 75974.

And for the fall 2020 wave:

1. Snowball: Includes Mei and a life-size brick-built Snowball. (Credit to @hachiroku for this great idea!)

2. Torbjorn’s Workshop: Includes Torbjorn, Brigitte, a minifig-scale, brick-built Bastion (all 3 forms), 3 Torb turrets (all 3 levels) and a workbench.

3. Talon Dropship Assault: Includes Mercy, Baptiste, Mauga, two gas pumps from the Havana map and the dropship with cockpit and troop bay.

I hope this is true.

18 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

I hope this is true.

Not going to happen that statement was over a year ago.  Also the certainty that Overwatch 2 will be delayed.  I don't think there will be any new sets for a while if at all.