Hi everybody! Half a year ago, the Suzuki company released a new generation of their famous mini SUVs - Suzuki Jimny and Suzuki Jimni Sierra(Wide edition). I, as a caring lover of this particular model, tried to repeat the same thing in Lego. That's what came out of it

BKtPZsQLfa4.jpg

Specifications:

1:10 Scale
All wheel drive
1.55 DC Chequired flag all terrain A/T tires (copy of BF Goodrich A/T KO2)
Solid Axles
Constant rear diff lock
The modular design (body and chassis are separate elements connected by 6 points. The body and chassis, in turn, consist of smaller modules - doors, hood, axles etc)

Electrics:

BuWizz brick (or AAA Lego battery box/LiPo unit + IR V2 Reciever/Sbrick) – battery and receiver
2L motors - movement
Servo motor – steering
2 LED lights
iOS/Android smartphone/pad with BuWizz app – Remote control
Life’s too short to stay stock! Therefore, in this model I use tires DC CHEQUERED FLAG All-Terrain T/A (87x26x1.55), that are an exact copy of BF Goodrich T/A KO2. This gives the model more realism and improves off-road performance compared to original tires.
For the same reason, I recommend to using alternative power sources, in this case BuWizz, which significantly expand the functionality of the model, reduce its weight and increase the power of the motors. At the same time, the design of the model allows the use of original Lego batteries (AAA or LiPo unit) together with the V2 receiver of Lego Power Functions
More photos and building instruction you can find on my personal blog page

ypXdewW1uVs.jpg

Video review:

__eFCY0chj4.jpg0D7d2ygNM3k.jpgtpj3PenJhAE.jpguUbEKHhbIuI.jpg1fsr1ylkdQ4.jpg

Just now, filsawgood said:

I, as a caring lover of this particular model, tried to repeat the same thing in Lego

I'd say you nailed it. Well done :thumbup:

6 hours ago, grum64 said:

I'd say you nailed it. Well done :thumbup:

Thanks!

28 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

I had hoped someone would do a Technic version. Instantly recognizable; nice job!

Now if only we could get the Jimny in the U.S.:wub:

Thanks! I think that the USA will not be without a new Jimny :classic:

Amazing work!  I did not know of this car until you posted your replication.  After checking it against the real car i'd say you nailed it.  The only part where i think you may have over  looked is what looks to be an orange turn signal on the side of the front side panel.  Depending on your reference model it may not have this of course as this may not be in all markets. Yeah, that's it, other than that you basically replicated this one perfectly!  Well done!  I really like the cargo net on top of the car!  Nice!

Now you are tempting me to make one in 1:15 scale but fir this I need new Corvette...?

I just read about this concept, thinking to myself "this would make an excellent model," and here you are!

Do other tires with a 10.2 stud diameter fit in those wheel wells?

21 hours ago, letsbuild said:

I just read about this concept, thinking to myself "this would make an excellent model," and here you are!

Do other tires with a 10.2 stud diameter fit in those wheel wells?

I have not tried. In general, without modification, the original tires 81.6x38 stand here. but the model looks modest on them. I would like to see this model on large wheels 1.9 (108mm), but for this it need a modification of axles (portals setup) and an lift 2-3 stud. Maybe someday I will try to do this and maybe someone will beat me

Congratulations, fantastic job you´ve done there :thumbup:! Did you ever consider to make a Lada Niva on these monster wheels?

On 1/4/2019 at 5:27 AM, brunojj1 said:

Congratulations, fantastic job you´ve done there :thumbup:! Did you ever consider to make a Lada Niva on these monster wheels?

Thanks! I would like to build it, because I really like this car

Hi filsawgood, 

your Jimny is fantastic and I'd really like to build it. Being not a fan of power functions, however, I'd prefer to build a manual version. I read on your blog you're selling the ldd file too in your instructions set. Could I pay you a surcharge for some change in digital file, then? I wouldn't need a pdf format, only a modified lxf file.

Regards

Francesco

Edited by Hal75