Bregir

[COR-FB] Seeking out the consul

Returning to civilisation had at first been pleasant. The good food, enjoyable company, and comforts of modern life was a nice change from living it rough in the jungles of Celestia. However, just as he had arrived in Jameston, he had been informed of a diplomatic crisis brewing. It had been sparked by piratical attacks by some crews connected to the Wayfarer Trading Company, apparently founded by the insufferable count Mesabi, who had so angered Montoya during the Malto peace talks. So informed, Montoya had made his way to the Olean consulate in Jameston with the utmost haste, but found the consul unavailable - or at least so he was told by the clerk. Hence, he was now making his way towards the residence of the consul, a small but stately house nearby.

31491399167_ca28bbf0ba_c.jpg

At the door, again he was dismissed, told by the guards that the consul was not available. He was starting to wonder if this was really true, or if he was being avoided. Not to be deterred, he had the guard swear upon his honour that he would deliver a letter to the consul at the utmost despatch.

46380451012_6c637997d6_c.jpg

The letter:

Spoiler

To the representative of his most sacred Majesty, King Philip I,

It has recently come to the attention of Her Majesty Queen Annetta's representatives in Terra Nova that a most serious incidence has occured, in which it appears Corlander forces has attacked not only the Olean settlement of Fatu Hiva but also neutral merchants flying the flag of Sea Rat brotherhood. This is entirely unacceptable, and we are currently investigating who was responsible, and how it could come about. So far, the only certainty is that these vessels were owned and operated by the Wayfarer Trading Company, who will face the fiercest of investigation as to their involvement.

I trust you will believe me when I state that neither Her Majesty, nor the colonial authorities have any interest but friendly relations with Oleon in this, and that we look at the WTC's apparent transgressions with the utmost severity and concern.

We have demanded an explanation from the WTC, as well as assurances that it will never repeat itself, and shall be taking actions according to their response. Should it be necessary, we will back Corlander law with military power, even if it means using it against the WTC itself, as her Majesty will not abide the breaking of her peace or the attack on her allies and friends.

As soon as we have further information, we shall inform you.

I have every hope that this matter shall be settled to everyone's satisfaction, and assuming so, I wish to reaffirm Corrington's commitment to good relations with Oleon. And in continuation thereoff desire you shall inform your superiors that Corrington is keen to continue work on the Juniper treaty as discussed formerly.

Should it be required, I can be found in Jameston for the next 3 days, after which I will be reachable in King's Harbour and later Kings Port on Terraversa.

In service of Her Majesty, Queen Annetta,

Your humble servant

don Isaac Montoya

My last build (almost) in Jameston before Montoya heads back west.

I wish to offer this little art and culture or residence for Oleon to license, with the stipulation that it counts towards my December build count. @Bodi @Captain Genaro - anyone of you are welcome to license it. :)

The secret juniper treaty mentioned above was to have been the main focus of Montoya contacting Oleon upon his return, but something *cough cough* WTC ;) came in the way.

C&C welcome, as always.

I love that you have replicated the shrubrey <insert Monty python> 

This is a swell little build and again I look forward to the outcome 

Very nice reproduction of an Olean consulate, I really like the combination of columns and grooved bricks. The undergrowth looks too. 

Good to see Sir Montoya back to his office, but looking to the expression of the guard, I won't place too much faith in him:pir-grin:. Maybe we should send someone more competent to Jameston.

Nice small but bulky house with good architectional features. And the hedge is worth mentioning too. 

Nice build, Bregir. I particularly like the second story window design with the pole, and the roof is very fitting for Olean architecture. 

I'm sure Oleon will have a response to this soon enough, but in the meantime we thank you for the generous license. 

I am so sorry for all the trouble you poor Corries have to go through.

The MOC, however, is great. The hedge is superb in both its simplicity and the result. And that door-knob is just really clever.

While I am not too sure about the cobbles on grass, the house itself is just fantastic. Most impressing to me is how it really merges Oleon-style into Corrish architecture. I couldn't imagine this mix any better. Great.

Edited by Elostirion

Very nice composition. I'm really liking that house with all the subtle architectural elements, especially the roof and the split windows. And the hedge design is quite good, too. (I wanted to do just that when building my own, but didn't have anywhere near enough of the required pieces!) The story is a pretty good read too.