Sign in to follow this  
gabrielerava

MOC - Train Control Station

Hi guys,

I made a new piece for my city/train layout. Usually I post on the City Forum. This is my first post on the Train forum. It's a train control station. Hope you enjoy.

IMG_7752

I found inspiration looking around the internet and Eurobricks' members similar MOCs. 

IMG_7751

The back side

IMG_7755

I'm not sure if to keep or not the Harry Potter Train Statiom Sign. So that in the meantime I added the Hogwart's Express itself :  ).

IMG_7825

More photos on my Flickr account https://www.flickr.com/photos/132864555@N03/

Let me know your comments.

Regards

Rava

A very nice build indeed. But the track is too close to the building - the next train will cut off the 9 3/4 sign, and the doors should only be opened when there's no traffic either...

You have a ton of great details in this build...  The windows and all the switch boxes...  My only issue is what has been stated.   Everything is foul of track...  It you elongate your overhead structure to give the tracks more clearance it would solve this

Thanks everybody for appreciating my MOC!

59 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

You have a ton of great details in this build...  The windows and all the switch boxes...  My only issue is what has been stated.   Everything is foul of track...  It you elongate your overhead structure to give the tracks more clearance it would solve this

7 hours ago, cimddwc said:

A very nice build indeed. But the track is too close to the building - the next train will cut off the 9 3/4 sign, and the doors should only be opened when there's no traffic either...

I know that there is not enough space between the first track and the building. I guess this is due to the fact that the first track is out of use at the moment. Trains only stops on the second track. So it should be safe to open the door without finding a train coming...  ;  ) 

I could also elongate the entire structure by a couple of stud. I have to check the space available once placed the MOC in the city.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Gabriele

Very nice.  I'm sure you'll tweak it once you start running trains.  It's part of the fun.  :classic:

On 12/31/2018 at 11:28 AM, *thomas* said:

Nice build. I would turn the track next to the building in a service road for trucks and vans.

Wow. This is a great idea! I can use it for another train structure I'm thinking about....

On 12/30/2018 at 9:55 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice control tower, I like architecture from the belle epoque :wub_drool:

The flowers are an original idea for me and a nice touch for your MOC :thumbup:

Thanks a lot !!

On 12/30/2018 at 8:55 PM, dr_spock said:

Very nice.  I'm sure you'll tweak it once you start running trains.  It's part of the fun.  :classic:

May be, who knows... ???