sed6

1900's steam loco and cars

After I created my 4-4-0 American loco, I set about designing some rolling stock. So far I have designed and built two passenger cars and a caboose. I'm probably going to work on a baggage or combination car next. 

Which of the two passenger cars do you like more (just the windows are different, both have seven rows of seats inside)?

Below are some pics and also a link to my brick shelf where you can download the LDD file for each. Feel free to borrow, make or modify my design. Hope you like!

https://bricksafe.com/pages/sed6

20181228_001314

20181228_00004820181227_234433

20181227_23471820181227_234827

20181227_235516

Edited by sed6
cnat spele

The engine and coaches look great! I prefer the car with the narrow spacing between windows - it looks like it would fit perfectly on an early 20th century commuter train!

Very nice work @sed6: you really used those 2x2 round slopes well. Caboose is also excellent. Would the engine also be able to run?

Another nice build! The cars look like 6 wide or are they 8?  How about the engine?  And to piggy back on JopieK, is the engine setup to run power functions or does the tender hold the power functions. Keep up the excellent work :-)

Thanks all! She definitely runs, click the link in my first post for more details and a video. The tender holds the battery and receiver and the PF train motor is under the locomotive. The cars are 6+ wide and the locomotive and tender 8+ wide. The decals are cut vinyl letters from okbrickworks. 

Which passenger coach does everyone like more?

Looking good. The interior of the caboose is my favorite bit.

As for the coach windows, to my eye they are missing the sashes that were typical of wood sided cars. Did you consider using a 1x2x2 clear panel, topped with a 1x2 (or 1xn) brown plate, topped by a 1x2 clear brick? If so, the 1x1 spacers between windows would likely look best. Otherwise, with the 1x2x3 windows I prefer the narrow spacing (no 1x1 bricks)

Great looking train. All the details you've put in make it stand out as a period prototype. I prefer the windows with the 1x1 bricks between them.

Very nice!  I have something very similar drawn up waiting to order...  (although I like your railings better than mine!) might I add a suggestion  ... Put the car with the spaced windows before the car with close windows.   Then make a short baggage car behind the engine! 

It looks great pulling together though! I love how you added modern railway men to the old consist! 

Those stickers look killer! 

That looks really nice. locomotive and carriages are fantastic and fit perfectly together.

I don't mind the different carriages. They could be different classes.