Hi! As a new member of our large society I'd like to present you one of (as I humbly think) my greatest models so far - the humanoid's arm. 

armflag

Creation has been building by mine for January and February this year. In April it has taken a third place in local competition for students and, as if that wasn't enough, in June I was also presented it at Warsaw, Polish capital.

Here's also a humorous entry featured it at Brother's Brick blog: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/04/17/judgment-day-starts-with-a-technic-arm/?fbclid=IwAR1f4tKQdujN5YtRemM4K3OmIlpCGO6GcdgWRsEgeJDDWpn7Ayb3K4tl-hs#more-107955

The arm itself is a combination of pneumatic and electric (Power Functions) componenets controlled remotely or by panel with system of valves. It's quite large, even slighty more than actual human's arm.

It includes a total of 6 motors, 2 IR receivers, 7 pneumatic cylinders and 4 linear actuators. Features prehensile palm with tendon-like controlled fingers, natural range of thumb's movement, fingers abduction, movable forwards and backwards wrist axis, rotated and elevated forearm. Just look:

Also let's see some photos:

arm1

fingers3

catch

If you liked it, I'll try to upload some photos and videos of my robots soon! Sorry for my poor English :/

Edited by Psor

7 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Cool idea! Are strings run through the tubing?

I was able to put the cotton threads through holes in studless parts, such as 2-stud long round pin connector:

https://goo.gl/images/tsz6TT

but fitting them through pneumatic or other hoses was at least uncomfortable and impractical, anyway.

6 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

Very nice project. The movements are not jerky, and the range of motion is good, too. :thumbup:

Thanks for giving me constructive feedback :)

This really is one of the most impressing things I have ever seen in Lego Technic! It's beautiful to see how the fingers are both strong (as they can hold an apple), but also move very smoothly. Keep up the good work!

WoW! This is really impressive, I would for sure like to see more of your creations.

also would it be possible to have some building instructions for it?

2 hours ago, Kim72 said:

WoW! This is really impressive, I would for sure like to see more of your creations.

also would it be possible to have some building instructions for it?

Firstly, I'm not going to make instructions of any of my models myself, but if there's anybody, who wants to do this - maybe, who knows... I'll willingly share any useful documentation, bill of material, etc. 

Secondly, you can see my latest (and I think the best) creations among others at my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC54jk22waiFkNQChkgJm-cw?

3 hours ago, m00se said:

This really is one of the most impressing things I have ever seen in Lego Technic! It's beautiful to see how the fingers are both strong (as they can hold an apple), but also move very smoothly. Keep up the good work!

Thanks. If you only saw how exhausting and ungrateful the designing process was...

Moreover, as I mentioned above, here's some work of progress photos:

IMG_20180309_015921

IMG_20180309_015916

IMG_20180309_015903

IMG_20180309_015930