Erignathus

Green Delta Brick Railroad

Hi all!

Yesterday I started a new project, called Green Delta Brick Railroad.
Trains have always been somethings that interested me a lot. Unfortunately, I didn't have the space in my house for a nice train layout. This Christmas I got the idea of making a ‘modular’ layout: a layout that I could build up whenever I want and could break down whenever I want. Luckily I already had some train tracks, so yesterday I build a nice small home layout, including some stations. Since videos are another hobby of mine, I decides to film a couple of trains. That gave me the idea to share the layout with you guys!

My plans for the next couple of months are to expand the layout with some MOC stations, bridges and buildings, and to include some automation with Arduino. I’ll keep you guys posted in this thread and via my YouTube-channel. Welcome aboard the Green Delta Brick Railroad ?!

Just now, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

The blue wagons to carry the sand are great! :thumbup:

Nice layout!

Thanks! The blue wagons are from Blokbricks, there are not my own creation ?.

Great! However, I fail to see modularity - I mean, sure you can break it down/build up easily (if you don't tear apart buildings), but that's just the most natural thing to do when playing with Lego train sets I guess :)

What are your plans for automation? I'm currently working on automating crossing bareer, my first plan was not to attach servo directly (to not expose it) but rather use some string to control it from some hidden place. I failed, cause my (cheapest, non-lego) servo was unable to pull it fully (and started to behave like it was broken): https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Bx1SBy6UXktSWt57

Now, I think I'll just bite the bullet and hook it directly... 

Edited by Bartosz

45 minutes ago, Bartosz said:

Great! However, I fail to see modularity - I mean, sure you can break it down/build up easily (if you don't tear apart buildings), but that's just the most natural thing to do when playing with Lego train sets I guess :)

What are your plans for automation? I'm currently working on automating crossing bareer, my first plan was not to attach servo directly (to not expose it) but rather use some string to control it from some hidden place. I failed, cause my (cheapest, non-lego) servo was unable to pull it fully (and started to behave like it was broken): https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Bx1SBy6UXktSWt57

Now, I think I'll just bite the bullet and hook it directly... 

At this very moment the only thing modular is the small station. I have some plans to make modular stations and modular trackside structures.

I hope to automate the stations first and then automate some crossings.

1 hour ago, Erignathus said:

automate the stations

By that you mean automatic start stop at those points? Any concrete plans? I plan to use distance sensor to detect train, but only because I have one:)

Just now, Bartosz said:

By that you mean automatic start stop at those points? Any concrete plans? I plan to use distance sensor to detect train, but only because I have one:)

No, not any concrete plans. First I have to make a station to automate it ;).
But I've got some ideas: automatic stops of the trains, working signals, motorized switches and 'communication' between the stations.