Kwatchi

[SR - FB1] - Dec '618 - The Arming of the Hotspur

December 618 - Location unrecorded

gek0hDZ.jpg

Get the lead out ye licentious louts!  The Lord of Whispers wants to be back to sea before the merchant traffic sobers up and we need this thrice-cursed ship ready to stand to.  Get those canons and stores aboard before sundown or ye'll get a kiss from the bosun's cat.

---x---x---x---

This represents my official request to re-do the stats of the Hotspur, the class 6 I capture last MRCA. 

I don't own a lot of dark red bricks, so I had to improvise a bit from the original micro-ship's design.  Call it creative license I suppose.  Of course I had to overexpose to get the black bricks to show properly, so the dark red got "bleached out" anyway. :laugh:

42134795834_290450ae8b_c.jpg
Hotspur - by Bregir

The build uses Captain Greenhair's hull technique essentially and came out rather nicely in real life. 

Other pics:

zTC2HlA.jpg

HK669x7.jpg

Edited by Kwatchi
You didn't see nothing!

Really nice and convincing little scene, Kwatchi!  I was actually expecting the first picture to be followed by a zoomed out picture showing the whole ship :pir-grin:  The dark red looks great too, and I'm liking your cannons there :thumbup:

Nice build, the pier and the ship, part of the ship are nicely done, and I like the details such as the bucket and guns.

Reinforcing scantlings and heavily up-arming her did make the Hotspur more sluggish, decreasing her range and manoeuvrability, while her cargo hold was taken up with additional magazine and shot storage, as well as quarters for an increased crew. However, once in battle, she would now be a much more potent force for any foe.

@Kwatchi: Your request stat change is hereby granted. I will invite LS to the pm with the new stats.

Also, Excellent build and a very nice ship-side - one should almost hope you would build an entire ship with those looks! :)