Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

Nativity Scene

Merry Christmas!  Building a Lego Nativity Scene has become a tradition in our house the last few years.  My son who is now 5 is also enjoying the tradition and has been helping as much as he can.  This is by far my favorite of all the previous Nativity Scenes that I've built, and I hope you enjoy it as well.  This spent the last month at the Kindergarten where I work, and surprisingly, didn't suffer any major damage.  (I have up until now always posted my Nativity Scenes in the Historic forum, but think this may be the better section for it.  If not, please move it, and I will know better next year)  Any comments and criticism are greatly appreciated.  Happy Holidays to all!

32561342458_f3447674cd_c.jpg

32561342038_a7bf822f06_c.jpg

46433382881_53a1f4c2ca_c.jpg

Very nice! I enjoy LEGO nativity scenes. I have a small one displayed in my Winter Village. 

We collect Natavity scenes,mainly just the 3 piece variety (Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus).

You have a nice tradition of building a new one each year.

Merrt Christmas!

Andy D

This is quite a nice scene. I know you ask for criticism, so I shall offer that the patch of ground on which the camels stand is a bit blocky around the edges - perhaps include some of those wing-type plates you included next to the building. The shed itself is nicely built and I appreciate the brick-built door. Nice work.

I love that you included the inn really adds to the feeling.   The "swadling cloths" are well represented as well.  I think the angel was a good call as well.  

Now I do have two criticisms 

First I agree that the right side should include the angled plates to soften the edges...  The stacked plates do work for shifting sand. 

The second is more of a gripe as you executed the three kings well.   But it's a personal peeve of mine when I see the kings lumped in at the manager scenes.   The kings did not show up until Jesus was almost 2 so it is inappropriate for them to be in Jerusalem at the manger when they were never there to begin with lol

Overall it's a really great build and we'll done...  I would rather display this than a porcelain figure any day. 

On 12/29/2018 at 3:22 AM, jamesn said:

This is quite a nice scene. I know you ask for criticism, so I shall offer that the patch of ground on which the camels stand is a bit blocky around the edges - perhaps include some of those wing-type plates you included next to the building. The shed itself is nicely built and I appreciate the brick-built door. Nice work.

On 12/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I love that you included the inn really adds to the feeling.   The "swadling cloths" are well represented as well.  I think the angel was a good call as well.  

Now I do have two criticisms 

First I agree that the right side should include the angled plates to soften the edges...  The stacked plates do work for shifting sand. 

The second is more of a gripe as you executed the three kings well.   But it's a personal peeve of mine when I see the kings lumped in at the manager scenes.   The kings did not show up until Jesus was almost 2 so it is inappropriate for them to be in Jerusalem at the manger when they were never there to begin with lol

Overall it's a really great build and we'll done...  I would rather display this than a porcelain figure any day. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, you’re both right. The ground is blocky in some places. Unfortunately I don’t have many wedge plates in tan, but hopefully I can bricklink some by next year. 

As for the kings, I deliberately made that section easy to detach from the rest, as I know a lot of people prefer them separate. I forgot to take a picture of them detached.