Hanso

Lego Mindstorms EV3 Monorail

I think your design is sexy as ...[insert curse word]. Combining the panels at the bottom with System bricks on top, excellent!

I had the same reaction as Jim. Looks fantastic, and the train design matches the theme of the rail design - a combination of Technic and System parts. :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Jim said:

I think your design is sexy as ...[insert curse word]. Combining the panels at the bottom with System bricks on top, excellent!

6 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

I had the same reaction as Jim. Looks fantastic, and the train design matches the theme of the rail design - a combination of Technic and System parts. :thumbup:

Thanks @Jim and @BusterHaus  for the kind words.

I have improved the sketch a bit more. The train has now a roof and the front is a bit more smooth.

31696200127_ee49398fe8_c.jpg

Enjoy, Hans

New video added with the "work in progress":

Most of the bricks are delivered, but still waiting for some pieces I ordered at Bricklink to finish the tracks and train.

On the straight tracks, the train is now running rather smooth. Speed is currently set ot 30, didn't try 100 yet ;-)

Enjoy watching the video.

More photos can be viewed at the Flickr page (click the photo below):

Lego Mindstorms EV3 Monorail

Regards, Hans

Edited by Hanso

why do you make the rail technic you could also do a design like masao hidaka he built one that looks almost exactly like yours but uses normal 1x2 bricks for the curves and tiles for the curves and for the straights it uses larger bricks like 2x4s but anyways i do really like your train and i hope to see it soon on a video of you.

13 hours ago, XGBC said:

why do you make the rail technic you could also do a design like masao hidaka he built one that looks almost exactly like yours but uses normal 1x2 bricks for the curves and tiles for the curves and for the straights it uses larger bricks like 2x4s but anyways i do really like your train and i hope to see it soon on a video of you.

There is no sensible reason to do this. Of course (... ), I know about the great design of Masao Hidaka. But I don't find that his monorail matches the tech design of our track. That's at least one reason to choose for my own design. The second, and maybe even more important reason is that I love to design this stuff myself. If I would make a monorail similar to the Masao one, it just wouldn't feel like 'my monorail'. As said, there is no sensible reason. And especially if I look at the price of the track ;-)

Hope this gives some explanation. Thanks anyway for your reply and the compliment.

Hans

PS What do you mean with 'hope to see soon a video'? There is a video available with the first test run: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bE2DVLPSUg

Edited by Hanso

I now really understand your reasons better. With video i mean a video of you candy delivering system that uses the monorail i hope to see that soon but i do understand that it will take alot of time.

Keep on building!

XGBC

13 hours ago, XGBC said:

I now really understand your reasons better. With video i mean a video of you candy delivering system that uses the monorail i hope to see that soon but i do understand that it will take alot of time.

Keep on building!

XGBC

Thanks, and indeed it takes quite some time for the building. But I will keep posting videos of the 'work in progress'.

Regards, Hans