Sign in to follow this  
Brick Rides UK

Lego fairground ride models.

Impressive creations! Do you operate them or are they running programmed?

Was it hard to design them?

They could be taken for official Creator Expert Fairground rides if there would be some minifigures to hop on... if they would dare!

On 12/22/2018 at 3:12 PM, Wesley D said:

Impressive creations! Do you operate them or are they running programmed?

Was it hard to design them?

They could be taken for official Creator Expert Fairground rides if there would be some minifigures to hop on... if they would dare!

Thanks, I operate them manually with power functions controls.

Some of the models were particularly difficult, with the fast motions and heavy loads they have to be structurally sound. 

These are amazing!  Any chance you have the mechanical pictures...  Did you just watch them run and try to reverse engineer or have some real blueprint? 

Found your youtube channel a while back and love it. You've done a massively impressive job keeping the portable function of these rides intact. And a pretty darn good job making them run nicely, given how jerky movement of lightweight lego stuff wants to be. 

On 12/26/2018 at 9:54 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

These are amazing!  Any chance you have the mechanical pictures...  Did you just watch them run and try to reverse engineer or have some real blueprint? 

Thanks, I didnt work to any blueprint, I basically designed from memory, photos and videos. I use trial and error to get the models looking and functioning how I want them.

I don't have any mechanical pictures but I do have some assembly pictures of one of my models. https://www.facebook.com/pg/brickridesuk/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1903433913078176

20 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Found your youtube channel a while back and love it. You've done a massively impressive job keeping the portable function of these rides intact. And a pretty darn good job making them run nicely, given how jerky movement of lightweight lego stuff wants to be. 

Thanks!

Heres my latest creation under construction, testing.

5 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

That's just amazing!   And you don't use any programming just the gearing on the motors? 

Yeah just gears and the infared remotes. I use the 8885 control for swinging and the 8879 control for adjusting speeds on spinning. All models are geared up to reduce speed, increase power, lift, oscillate and for clutch mechanisms etc.

These are really amazing creations, @Brick Rides UK! :thumbup:

I especially like Super Bowl, Infinity and the Starflyer - I hope that TLG will bring all of them on the shelves!

And which I like is that you did not only create excellent rides, but even thought about a lot of lights and partly even a background - something TLG really missed in the rollercoaster set.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

On 1/3/2019 at 5:00 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

These are really amazing creations, @Brick Rides UK! :thumbup:

I especially like Super Bowl, Infinity and the Starflyer - I hope that TLG will bring all of them on the shelves!

And which I like is that you did not only create excellent rides, but even thought about a lot of lights and partly even a background - something TLG really missed in the rollercoaster set.

Thanks. :thumbup:

On 7/6/2019 at 10:39 AM, Daniel-Technic said:

This is amazing, the Waltzer is running at perfect speed. Keep up the great work. Hope you will put this to Lego Idea.

Daniel.

Thanks! I have a new video up now with slower, smoother speeds.

Waltzer 3rd test.

On 1/16/2020 at 6:57 AM, Brick Rides UK said:

Here's the new model. The Tristar LEGO ride.

That's pretty damn good!