Sign in to follow this  
Roadmonkeytj

[SR-FB] The Jilted Maiden

After building Rahab's Gambit I rather liked the style and basic structure of the ship so I built a second  this one is longer but still retains many similar features to each other.   It would take a skilled watchman to tell the difference on the Horizon.  But none thee less I've redesigned the cannon slides for the lower deck and if you open the hatches you can access the lower decks (they are functional).  I struggled with how to paint and a figurehead on this until a few days ago.   I wish I would have taken a WIP shot as it was a rainbow for a while.  I've worked in some interesting features as well like the slopped doors off the weather deck and the posable sails.   None the less here is the ship:

Jilted Maiden.lxf

Jilted Maiden fig.lxfJilted Maiden stern.lxfJilted Maiden sail.lxfJilted Maiden sail1.lxf

I added some crew and the cannons and a couple other details I had forgotten after initial renders. 

Jilted Maiden crew.lxf

Comments and Criticism welcomed! 

Edited by Roadmonkeytj

Excellent ship mate, gotta love that stern! :wub:  Great job with the angle of the sides as well, and those rear lanterns are a great touch! :thumbup:

3 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

A beautiful ship! Fantastic details and tumblehome and I really like the color scheme! Great work!

Thanks!  I am really happy with her hope she will be profitable! 

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Excellent ship mate, gotta love that stern! :wub:  Great job with the angle of the sides as well, and those rear lanterns are a great touch! :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment! I can't take full credit for the stern as it was originally mimicking a other moc but all the added detailing and the Lantern implementation I can claim.   I added some flex tubing to accent the curves a bit more...  A Maiden should have a swell stern right lol

Very, very nice build. I love the detailing, and the colours. Both the stern and bow are excellent. I'm guessing this will be a ship that will be on the other side of our guns at some point though, so good luck keeping her afloat. :pir-laugh:

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

Very, very nice build. I love the detailing, and the colours. Both the stern and bow are excellent. I'm guessing this will be a ship that will be on the other side of our guns at some point though, so good luck keeping her afloat. :pir-laugh:

Well so far I don't have Capt Wolfs luck with keeping ships afloat...  But It will take more than a skiff with a couple pea shooters to take her down...  Hell hath no furry like a woman scorned!  Shes named Jilted Maiden for a reason as she's a force to be avoided.  

Nice ship. :thumbup: The bow is pretty good, stern looks great, recessed lower gun ports are really nice, and the strings with stud ends are a great purist idea for shrouds. The sails look a little too blocky vs other digital designs, but the overall shapes are pretty good.

But... like, seriously, man, a figurehead that angry should be holding a frying pan! :pir-laugh:

9 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Nice ship. :thumbup: The bow is pretty good, stern looks great, recessed lower gun ports are really nice, and the strings with stud ends are a great purist idea for shrouds. The sails look a little too blocky vs other digital designs, but the overall shapes are pretty good.

But... like, seriously, man, a figurehead that angry should be holding a frying pan! :pir-laugh:

Many thanks!   Im really liking this the more I look at it too lol!  The sails...  I need to come up with a better solution but so far this is where I'm at with them lol.   I got rather used to just being able to cut sails to fit lol.  This woman is on a war path lol liquored up and pissed off lol a frying pan would do her no justice lol. 

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The figure head is killer !!

I like this stern too.

You checked out my stern...  Lol

Glad you like her...  I had fun creating her! 

7 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A nice, powerful looking vessel. I love the blue colours! Great job!

Thanks! Hopefully just as intimidating on the brick seas!   And don't worry I won't tell anyone you like blue instead of red lol

I like that thumblehome! And dark blue fits well with light grey. A really nice looking ship you got here.

Though I'm not very sure if it's a good idea to keep the gunports so close one with the other, the minifigs need space to man the guns, I think 3-4 studs between gunports would look better. (Yes, I'm trying to undermine your effort of building powerful ships:devil:)

23 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Wow!  That is some great work.

Thanks! Man! 

2 hours ago, Bodi said:

I like that thumblehome! And dark blue fits well with light grey. A really nice looking ship you got here.

Though I'm not very sure if it's a good idea to keep the gunports so close one with the other, the minifigs need space to man the guns, I think 3-4 studs between gunports would look better. (Yes, I'm trying to undermine your effort of building powerful ships:devil:)

Thanks Boss... Lol 

And if your trying to undermine powerful ships you really won't like the one I'm working on currently...  I'm at 5500 bricks and counting lol

Don't know if she'll make it to BoBs as she' was commissioned 1745