shadow_elenter

[MOC] Transforming Tank / Howitzer --fully remote controlled--

I wanted to build a tank for a while now, but not a regular tank... I don't really do regular...:tongue:
Instead I came up with this fully remote controlled unusual war machine, enjoy!

kA5KduZ.jpg
Normal drive mode.

0H7v0rj.jpg
Fully unfolded howitzer mode.

dhM0jhD.jpg

I wanted it to be a jack of all trades so I also built an anti-air gun with a 4 barrel alternating recoil system.

pyBnlyN.jpg

The nose I lined with 4 canons that are fired using an SBrick sequence.

QglrFW8.jpg

Both sides have retractable gatling guns because of reasons.

zfIrhje.jpg
Naturally the main gun can rotate and the main canon tilts up.

6jBPoFm.jpg
It's driven by 4 XL motors to make it go... still not very fast because the thing heavy and big!

yP3aoY6.jpg

It requires 2 operators, one is the driver, the other is the gunner.

jtkYz0d.jpg
It's controlled using 5 SBrick's. and a rather elaborate control panel on my tablet.
In total it uses 18 motors to drive all the individual functions independently and at the same time. 

weight : 5.5kg/12.1lbs
size drive mode : 53x33x28 cm or 20x13x11 inch
size howitzer mode : 79x37x56 cm or 31x15x22 inch

This has been quite a fun build, the filming and editing...

Well, it took a while longer than usual because I wanted to go the extra mile on the camera work and the story line.
I'm glad it's done because I'm already looking forward to the next build! :grin:

Hope you like it!

Edited by shadow_elenter

Who knew Technic could be so entertaining!  What a massive build and great video, truly impressive - I especially like the use of the curved gear racks from the BWE.

Oh hell yes! What a great moc and video showcasing many functions!  I was cracking up the whole time watching this video.  

Well done!  If there ever was a zombie appocoplyse / world Technic war I would want to be on your side lol.

Amazing!

I love all the functions jam-packed into the model! This is what technic should about. FUNCTIONS! Amazing MOC! :snicker:

By the way, are there more pictures for the anti air gun? Would love to see the mechanism inside.

You just keep amazing me more and more every time. It's a proper war machine. I love the story. If you post it on Lego Ideas, TLG will have your head.:grin:

7 hours ago, Raf H said:

Would love to see the mechanisms inside.

Me too.

On 12/22/2018 at 6:22 AM, Jeroen Ottens said:

Another signature build. :thumbup: That video is a labour of love :wub:

It was a labor alright, so much so that it's also the reason I'm not competing in the contest.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:03 AM, Carsten Svendsen said:

This is quite cool. The amount of effort going into that video is also paying off quite well. I can't wait to see what you'll be building next :excited:

I cant wait to start the next one, once a MOC is done and I've played with it for an hour, I lose intrest and at the same time my mind has already been on a new project for a couple of days:laugh:.

Does anyone like the building more than the having of the model?

PS: YAY 10.000 subscribers!

Edited by shadow_elenter

What would be even more cool is putting a PFx brick into the model, and making it produce all the sounds that you edited in the video.

16 hours ago, shadow_elenter said:

Does anyone like the building more than the having of the model?

Here, here.

Edited by pagicence

On 12/22/2018 at 6:19 AM, Raf H said:

I love all the functions jam-packed into the model! This is what technic should about. FUNCTIONS! Amazing MOC! :snicker:

By the way, are there more pictures for the anti air gun? Would love to see the mechanism inside.

here ya go.
Its basically a freefloating 36T dubbel bevel gear with 2 3L liftarm's attached to the off-center holes that is in turn connected to an axle that can move back and forth.
When the axle comes back it also pushes the reload flappy thingy back.
Hope it helps!
PjxiW3v.jpg

KMtmzQ6.jpg

nu6zXtv.jpg

SzKlBPu.jpg

mGDjd2m.jpg

Edited by shadow_elenter

Wow!! Don't know how I missed this a week ago when you posted it, but it is super cool!! I'm not the biggest fan of tanks, but I love this one. You put so many complex mechanisms and functions in this model, and they are all so smooth that's it's borderline stunning (especially the unfolding to Howitzer mode). Congrats, and love the video!!

On 1/20/2019 at 3:07 PM, dasjones said:

HI, i would love to try and build this one, do you have Instructions and parts list for selling?

Hey,
Sorry, but no I don't.
To make instructions of something with this many parts would take forever and there's so few people that either have the parts needed or the resources to get them...
Also, it's already been deconstructed and currently transformed into this (almost finished) thing:
lA8IEE3.jpg

On 1/21/2019 at 9:57 PM, shadow_elenter said:

Hey,
Sorry, but no I don't.
To make instructions of something with this many parts would take forever and there's so few people that either have the parts needed or the resources to get them...
Also, it's already been deconstructed and currently transformed into this (almost finished) thing:
lA8IEE3.jpg

Oh, thats too bad, but thx anyway. I normally would get those custom projects instructions, then i would hunt for the parts, it's much better (and affordable) for me to buy specific list of parts than to have to buy many sets and in case of missing parts i need to import them and takes a lot of time to get to my country. I really don't have all this creativiy of yours on visualizing and building stuff (all your work is great, congrats!).

I would keep following your work and il'l consider making some donations.

Regards!