Dazzzy

MOC Lego Town sized vehicles

Here's my most recent MOC. It was inspired by the pink and white car in the Diner set.

32518855928_d1d4e53877_c.jpg

I know the metalised parts don't exist but I think it would look okay if those parts were white instead.

Here's a couple of pics with it in it's current state. I think I prefer it without the wheel-arch pieces TBH, though as a result it loses the wing mirrors and side detail, but I really do think I prefer it that way.

Also adjusted some pieces so it now can seat 2 occupants (albeit with one of their arms in the air).

45667686214_178b177a53_c.jpg

45667685244_d4bebb984d_c.jpg

Edited by Dazzzy
Added images

Amazing models! I personally prefer them with the fenders and mirror, but having two passengers is also nice. I would be great if you could find a balance!

Well done! Reminds me of the old 57' Chevy Convertibles that I saw growing up still being used in some places.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:32 PM, fordtruckin said:

I love these! Great job getting in so many details. The boomerang piece works great on the cars!

Thanks fordtruckin!

Glad you like the usage of the boomerang piece. It did have a 1X1 flat circle tile there to begin with, but then I remembered seeing the boomerang in the parts list.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

That turquoise one would be amazing to see "fleshed out" if the bricks were available. :thumbup: :sweet:

Thanks Digger of Bricks!

Yeah it's indeed a shame that the parts are limited in the turquoise colour. Really hope in the future Lego expands on the turquoise parts.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:14 PM, AntiZombie said:

The cars look fantastic! Does such a curved windshield exist?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:48 PM, broomhandle said:

I like them.

and yes the windscreen is here:

Thanks AntiZombie and broomhandle!

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, paupadros said:

Amazing models! I personally prefer them with the fenders and mirror, but having two passengers is also nice. I would be great if you could find a balance!

Thanks paupadros!

I hear what you're saying. I suppose it does look a bit more complete with them. Will have to go over the model and see whether I can make a revision or two.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, MTBingNinja said:

Outstanding, love the smoothness of the vehicle.  So many details

Thanks MTBingNinja!

Would love to get it a bit smoother at the front really, but I'm pleased with the details. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:43 AM, Agent 86 said:

Wow. That's really beautifully designed and realised in brick form. Well done!

Thank you Agent 86!

It only exists in digital form at the moment but I hope to build a model of it in real brick, in the new year.

8 hours ago, ncx said:

Well done! Reminds me of the old 57' Chevy Convertibles that I saw growing up still being used in some places.

Thank you ncx!

I looked at the 57 T-Bird as a source of inspiration, but there's definitely a hint of Chevy in there too. Hopefully it passes off nicely as a kind of generic convertible of that period.

Decided to change the title up top, so I can add more vehicles but still keep it in one place.

My interpretation of some soap-box racers.

46715032611_46a3cabdf0_c.jpg