Sign in to follow this  
Dazzzy

Greetings from the UK

Hi everyone!

My name's Daz and I hail from East Anglia in the UK.  I'm a 43yr old AFOL but more-so just a casual MOC builder than a full-on LEGO nerd, (my LEGO knowledge isn't that great).

I stumbled on/discovered this site from reading a post (clicking on a link), over on the LEGO Ideas site, and after seeing everyone's awesome work on here and the in-depth discussions that take place, I decided to join up.  

I pretty much build exclusively using the LDD, as I don't currently own that many LEGO bricks. All of my childhood LEGO was given away many decades ago. Fortunately my long term partner still has a few pieces of old LEGO Technic she had from her childhood which she kindly lets me use, and I do occasionally make the odd LEGO and Brick-link purchase when my tight budget allows me to. 

The most recent LEGO set I own is the Speed Champions Mercedes F1 set, (won it in a competition last year on Rebrick).  Prior to that I was given the Speed Champions Mercedes AMG GT3 as a gift, and a third-party (LEGO compatible), roller coaster set, (it was an early development product with questionable quality). Other sets I own date back about a decade ago. I have a couple of cool EXO LEGO sets and a few Bionicles. I also seem to remember purchasing a small LEGO Technic Buggy that had cantiliever steering from the early 00's.  Aside from that I have various random pieces of brick, that I pick up from car boot sales from time to time. I hope to grow my brick collection in the future, as although the LDD is a God-send to me, nothing beats working in real brick.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Daz!

I've already seen you post in one of my topics, so I'm glad to see you getting involved.

Hi Dazzzy and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

Thanks for the nice words concerning your view on EB so far! I hope it stays that way.
Building digitally is nothing to be ashamed of. We have wonderful MOCs here made with LDD and others.

We planned to have a digital contest this years, but then life came in our way... Stay tuned. It will be held in 2019. For sure! :laugh:

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, leafan said:

Welcome to Eurobricks, Daz!

I've already seen you post in one of my topics, so I'm glad to see you getting involved.

Thanks for the warm welcome, leafan! 

I hope to get involved in more topics and discussions, though I feel a bit out of my depth with my limited knowledge of Lego. Still, can't think of a better place to learn all about it than here!

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:20 PM, Holodoc said:

Hi Dazzzy and welcome to Eurobricks! :classic:

Thanks for the nice words concerning your view on EB so far! I hope it stays that way.
Building digitally is nothing to be ashamed of. We have wonderful MOCs here made with LDD and others.

We planned to have a digital contest this years, but then life came in our way... Stay tuned. It will be held in 2019. For sure! :laugh:

Thanks for the warm welcome too, Holodoc! :classic:

It's a great site! So many wonderful MOCs that I've never seen before. And so many in-depth topics about Lego, building techniques, reviews of upcoming stuff etc. It's the ultimate Lego site!

A digital contest sounds fantastic! Will keep an eye out for it, in the new year.