TomSkippy

[SR - FB] Class 3 Schooner

Apparently Johnny is the proprietor of several ships he's never seen nor heard of. Including the Black Rat, a fast maneuverable schooner...

44560458640_167af3ea14_c.jpg

A shot of the bow/figurehead w a good angle to see the side detailing:

44560457840_539de43b08_c.jpg

Top view:

44560453930_a3842ee5c2_c.jpg

View of the stern:

44560455300_2b3fb86f2e_c.jpg

Side view:

44560459370_2307687772_c.jpg

@Ross Fisher for my last ship, you suggested a white surface to reflect more light on the model helped a ton with giving definition to a dark ship. Thanks!

C&C welcome. 

@TomSkippy You're welcome. It's a pretty little tub!

My only concern is the mast directly in front of the door to the cabin. They really don't want Oilskin Johnny on deck, do they?

Edited by Ross Fisher

Very nice! Good shaping of the hull, and you've done a nice job of detailing while working only in black, white, and gray. She looks like a swift little vessel well-suited to piracy. :thumbup:

A fantastic little ship! I'm particularly impressed by the hull, as I often find them hard to build with a natural shape at sizes that small.

And as others have said you've done a very good job with adding details that bring the whole ship to life! My favourite is probably the figurehead, something to strike fear into the hearts of peaceful traders! :grin:

Great looking ship! Nicely detailed as well!

14 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

@TomSkippy You're welcome. It's a pretty little tub!

My only concern is the mast directly in front of the door to the cabin. They really don't want Oilskin Johnny on deck, do they? 

:roflmao:

Nice little ship! Excellent job on the dimensions. I suggest adding a second jib btw on or near the bow, but otherwise I like the looks.

That's a proper pirate ship, the slope built tumblehome looks quite good, and I like the stern windows.

Excellent ship @TomSkippy! I really like the shaping, and how well she's packed together. She's like the Black Pearl's little sister. :pir-laugh:

Great hull shaping !

A very good little ship ! I don't think it is the size of a class 3 IMO, I find it a little too short, but it is more of a big class 2. But, hey, why not after all, it's a good design and a great ship !

Good job ! :thumbup:

Hey guys! Thanks for the encouragement...

@Flavius GratianI do enjoy having a rat theme for the decor.

@Ross Fisher :head_back: sometimes details are packed to fit... I like your explanation better!

@Mesabi Good eye. It started as a rethinking of the renegade runner, but I kept coming back to the pearl to try and avoid an all-black look.

@Faladrin She is indeed right on the line, she is the exact length of a narrow prefab hull and midsection (not including the bowsprit)... she’s the length of a class 3, though only 10 studs wide.

@Bart I should add another, I struggled trying to add a second to the Drowned Rat and didn’t even try. :blush:

This is probably my favourite smaller vessel I've seen here in a little while. The shaping is great and I really like the way you have used the black slopes on the tumblehome. Great work!

She's a beauty.  Well designed and built.

Considering the difficulties I have had photographing black hulls in the past, kudos on your pictures.