Dear all,

A polite request from the MRCA committee. Since the tMRCA lives it life within the wondrous world of spreadsheets, there is a big need for input quality. Each month, perhaps half the time spent on running the MRCA is taken up by correcting input. In short, the computer cannot interpret results, so we have to spend time doing so. A few examples below:

• If you have named your ship "das Boot", but enter "Boot" in the forms, it will not recognise the ship. (Similarly the other way around)
  • If you have named your ships "Bregir's Ship", but enter "Bregirs Ship" it will not recognise it.
  • If you add extra spaces or signs, or remove them, they will not be recognised.
  • If the ship is a sistership and named "Ship II", "Ship" alone will not register correctly.
  • If a port is named "King's Harbour" and you send in "Kings Harbour", "King's Harbor", "King's   Harbour", etc. it will not recognise it.

In all of the above and similar cases, we need to make manual adjustments, which of course takes time.

So we humbly request that you spend a few more minutes each time making sure your spelling is correct, perhaps looking in the accounts sheets if you are in doubt of spelling or what you actually named your vessel. That way, we can minimise the time we need to spend on running the MRCA's. Of course, some errors will happen, but the fewer, the easier.

There are also some who have entered orders to go to ports not in the list above or on the list of hideouts, some even possibly outside the current sea zones. We will contact those players in question for a clarification.

On the upside, we are already looking at this months calculations, and with a little luck, you will see them fairly soon (tm).

Remember, if you have any stories that you feel should be mentioned in the KPA, send a pm to our favourite editor @Capt Wolf. You can either point out events, and we will word it, or go the extra mile and make a suggested write-up yourself. Just keep in mind the general bias and editorial style of the KPA.

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Bregir

12 minutes ago, Bregir said:

There are also some who have entered orders to go to ports not in the list above or on the list of hideouts, some even possibly outside the current sea zones. We will contact those players in question for a clarification.

Guilty :laugh:

I asked it as a question a few days ago, but had no response. And since one of the original ideas of BoBS is try and discover what is possible, I sent a trade vessel to a port I established a warehouse in (to supply that warehouse).

6 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Guilty :laugh:

I asked it as a question a few days ago, but had no response. And since one of the original ideas of BoBS is try and discover what is possible, I sent a trade vessel to a port I established a warehouse in (to supply that warehouse).

Gasp...  You broke the tmcra! 

I know I'm guilty of Mis-spelling from time to time as my phone loves auto correcting words that don't need corrected.

For the record, I am not asking for confessions, just asking you all to be careful in the future ;)

16 hours ago, Bregir said:

For the record, I am not asking for confessions, just asking you all to be careful in the future ;)

lol

9 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

How's the KPA coming along? I'm getting excited for the Quinnsville raid results. :excited: I'm sure it will be a good addition though.

Some info has started to trickle into the KPA office, but no word on Quinnsville yet.

9 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Some info has started to trickle into the KPA office, but no word on Quinnsville yet.

Lol. Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the write-up. :thumbup:

40 minutes ago, Bart said:

There seems to be a heated argument between the reporters of two different newspapers on the Narwal...

Rumour has it the KPA has received a relatively detailed report from the exercise... ;)

Just now, Kwatchi said:

So... how are all the KPA editors feeling today?

Reveal hidden contents

Xr9eDLq3KuyF0ChvhCSB3qJ5SCU=.gif

Getting there. RL getting in the way.

I don't want to come across as pushy, 
But I just got word that I'm heading out to sea again in two to three weeks.
Is the next round going to be up before then? 
or what if I file the paperwork in advance, would that work?

Bart

50 minutes ago, Bart said:

I don't want to come across as pushy, 
But I just got word that I'm heading out to sea again in two to three weeks.
Is the next round going to be up before then? 
or what if I file the paperwork in advance, would that work?

Bart

We're waiting on the adventure MRCAs to be up before we can set a new deadline. I would hope we know when the next deadline will be within the next week or so.

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

We're waiting on the adventure MRCAs to be up before we can set a new deadline. I would hope we know when the next deadline will be within the next week or so.

Yes, I think that should be doable.

1 hour ago, Bart said:

what if I file the paperwork in advance, would that work?

And yes, you can fill the paperwork already.