MTBingNinja

Who has a good design for a Turquoise and White 1955 Chevy Belair?

There's about 4 MOCs that I've discovered combing the internet but really couldn't find one that I liked.   Who has a "good" design for a Turquoise and White 1955 Chevy Belair? 

Very cool BamSham!  It gives me some good ideas.   Looking to see if there's one out there with a roof. That one looks to be 7-wide, wonder if there's one that is 5 or six wide like the Speed Champions series. 

Hi MTBingNinja,

I don't currently have a 55 Belair to show you, but I may have a play around in the LDD this weekend, and see what I can come up with. 

I've just completed a 50's style car (6 wide), that may also interest you, but until I post 10 comments, I don't think I can show anyone.

It's obviously not a Belair and is quite generic of the period rather than an outright representation of a real car, (much like the pink and white car found in the Diner modular set).

It's loosely based on the 57 T-Bird.

Would love to see the LDD of a '55 with a roof if you could Dazzzy!    I am not familiar with the LDD, would that also be able to show me what pieces the moc would need?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, bamsham363 said:

this is another goodie shapewise, easily moddable to what you need, and to 6 wide

That Gasser looks amazing, bamsham363!

It really does look like a 55 Belair!

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, MTBingNinja said:

Would love to see the LDD of a '55 with a roof if you could Dazzzy!    I am not familiar with the LDD, would that also be able to show me what pieces the moc would need?

Had a little play around in the LDD, but I couldn't really come up with something as convincing as the 2 models above, bamsham363 kindly shared.  Sorry MTBingNinja.  

Have shared a couple of images below, of my take on the car but there's a few concerns..  The main one being the question of the parts existing in the needed colours (haven't checked as yet). The other main concern is, yes the model can fit a mini-figure inside, but unfortunately the space is so tight, that said mini-figure cannot have a hair piece or helmet of any kind.

Finally, although everything moves as one part when selected in LDD, I don't know if the model is robust enough, to stand up to the rigor of play in real life. 

45527430565_5e264a4fe3_c.jpg

46440129541_c537b02b04_c.jpg

simple problem roof is to thick, what about this way of getting roof thinner??

Edited by bamsham363

Thanks bamsham363!

Just tried it but unfortunately it doesn't quite fit between the 2 rear frames. Have tried it with a different piece though, and it seems to work.

I think the rear of the roof now looks a lot better, but the front, not so much. Still I'm really happy you gave me the solution to the problem, as the driver can now wear a helmet!

31508176077_6eddebef63_c.jpg

cool, almost there, and there is always more than one way to skin a cat

try this

roof idea2.PNG

Edited by bamsham363

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:05 AM, bamsham363 said:

cool, almost there, and there is always more than one way to skin a cat

try this

Thanks bamsham363!

Love the profile of the torque socket wrench pieces, as they're nice and flat. Really like the front added curved piece (same as the back). I gave it a try but unfortunately the torque wrench pieces were too long.

Had another little play with it but I'm still not 100% happy with the changes I made. However, the good thing is it now has a front window (kind-of). Another change I made was the front grill. I really liked how it was, but proportionally it was the wrong size, hence the change to something less decorative.

I think where it is now is as far as I'm going to take it, (may look at it again at some point). Ultimately though, my little effort here amounts to nothing really, as I checked to see whether the parts are available in turquoise, and about 3 parts don't exist in that colour. So it kind of amounts to nothing. Many apologies MTBingNinja. 

Here's a couple of pics of what it ended up like anyway:

46421566852_259366e7a8_c.jpg

32599988608_355fd27f3e_c.jpg

17 hours ago, Chakotay said:

That looks awesome, I'm trying to construct a 69 Charger with a big blower :D

Thank you Chakotay!

69 Charger with a big blower, sounds awesome!  The Speed Champions one due in 2019 looks fantastic, but I'm curious to see one without wheel-arch extensions.

Please post some pics when you're finished.