Sign in to follow this  
CMI

Custom LOTR Knight of Gondor Minifigures by KORUIT

This would be perfect for the fans of the Lord of the Rings. For years we wished there are minifigures of Gondor army. KORUIT had released whole bunch of
Gondor Knights in minifigures form. There are eight of them, with emblem of White Tree of Gondor on armors and cape. You can read here on review of KORUIT Gondor Knight. For now, enjoy the photos here.

Koruit-Heavy-Armor-11.jpg?w=900
Koruit-Heavy-Armor12.jpg?w=900

Koruit-Heavy-Armor6.jpg?w=900

Thank you for pointing that out. I am going to order a few. Since Lego has missed the chance to make these, I do not even feel bad about it.

Especially the helmets are great. 

Yes, thanks for bringing these up. I know customisers have done similar ones before but the amount they were charging for the helmets and shields made it very expensive to make an army. I've gone for a small army of these, and will use just the Gondor parts to add to LEGO minifigures.

Now can they make a proper Witch King helmet too? Then I'll be content after LEGO's missed opportunities.

Edited by MAB

Mine just arrived. 10 Archers. It took less than 2 weeks to Germany. 

For that prize they are fine. Print on one leg is visibly off center as seen in CMIs picture above. But I am mainly interested, helmets, quivers, bow and armor, so the printing is less important for me. Printed arms are nice as well. Torso print is ok, looks a bit used. The armor is overly detailled, so I am going to cut off some details. 

Edited by Wardancer

On 1/27/2019 at 9:57 AM, Wardancer said:

Here one can see how it looks when you paint the Koruit helmet:

Silver Guard (revisited 2019) side by MWardancer, auf Flickr

How are the molds for Both the helmet and armor? Also, how did you remove the details on the armor since I dont like having the tree and tassets, printed on the back?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page, and especially the post above yours. Thank you.

10 hours ago, Quintus Glabrio said:

How are the molds for Both the helmet and armor? Also, how did you remove the details on the armor since I dont like having the tree and tassets, printed on the back?

The molds are ok. Some minor quality issues, but fine. As I paint over the helmet anyway, much is evened out.

I think there is no way to remove the tree without making the armor useless. You would have to sand the tree off extremely carefully and polish it extremely well to remove any marks left. I don't think this makes sense. What I did was cut off this extra shoulder/upper arm protection under the normal shoulder armor. This can be done with a single cut quite cleanly. It makes the think look a little - just a little - more legoish. The leg protection my armor does not have, but I guess it can be cut off easily as well. 

Edited by Wardancer

I thought the finish on the helmets and armour was perfectly fine, although I can understand painting it to match all other silver parts if you are a heavy customiser.

There are different versions of the armour - with and without leg protection. The ones without leg protection have a stud on the back of the armour rather than the tree print. You could probably grind that off if need be. But that is probably more trouble than it is worth, especially if you cover it with a cape anyway.

I decided not to use the figures but just use the accessories. They are definitely worth it for those alone.

Edited by MAB

18 hours ago, MAB said:

I thought the finish on the helmets and armour was perfectly fine, although I can understand painting it to match all other silver parts if you are a heavy customiser.

There are different versions of the armour - with and without leg protection. The ones without leg protection have a stud on the back of the armour rather than the tree print. You could probably grind that off if need be. But that is probably more trouble than it is worth, especially if you cover it with a cape anyway.

I decided not to use the figures but just use the accessories. They are definitely worth it for those alone.

Another idea for the armor with the stud on the back is making a hole in the cape and use the stud to hod something, e.g. a quiver. So you can have archers with quivers and capes.

Like this:

28582150030_7db0fbb4f3.jpgArcher by MWardancer, auf Flickr

You need an extra tool for this though.

I am going to paint all my stuff, because 99% of original Lego armors and weapons are NOT shiny metallic.

Edited by Wardancer

Yes, that looks very effective. Much better than using a quiver on a neck bracket. That tiny bit of paint on the arrow tip looks great too.

Aragon and the Gondor Knights.
aragon.png

Edited by CMI