Kalais

[MOC] Portal Canis Lupus

I must admit I am not really into LEGO Chima series. But after going through the minifigs I felt in love with gray wolfs/lions. After taking off some weird armors they look awesome. I had to build something... Read more »

portal-chima-lupus-01.jpg

portal-chima-lupus-02.jpg portal-chima-lupus-03.jpg portal-chima-lupus-04.jpg portal-chima-lupus-05.jpg portal-chima-lupus-06.jpg portal-chima-lupus-07.jpg 

Bigger photos and full story here:
LEGO Gallery - [MOC] Portal Canis Lupus

WIPs, Behind the scenes and other extras at my:
Instagram | Facebook | Flickr

The curved trees are great! They draw your attention towards the figs. What brick is their trunk made of?

Great build, i love the landscaping especially the trees and the ground cover.  The portal is very nice has alot of detail.  The figs are pretty awesome too.  

11 hours ago, wirvik said:

The curved trees are great! They draw your attention towards the figs. What brick is their trunk made of?

Thx :) Yeah, I love those tress. I am using them on my fantasy MOCs. First time I used them on orcs and humans diorama. Here I upgraded a bit my idea. Oh, the trunk is from Nexo Knights - part 87846

4 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great build, i love the landscaping especially the trees and the ground cover.  The portal is very nice has alot of detail.  The figs are pretty awesome too.  

Thx :)

The figs have a lot of great details youve pulled from lots of different themes, but they all work together nicely. Obviously the trees and the portal itself are wonderful, but the figs are fantastic in their own right. :thumbup:

On 12/19/2018 at 9:16 AM, Kalais said:

Thx :) Yeah, I love those tress. I am using them on my fantasy MOCs. First time I used them on orcs and humans diorama. Here I upgraded a bit my idea. Oh, the trunk is from Nexo Knights - part 87846

That part was around long before Nexo Knights. It was first in some large figures but then also used in a number of Chima sets. Whirling vines came with two dark green ones, especially good for plants, and anyone that collected a large gorilla army that way will have loads!

Great !

The all build, with this landscaping gives it a dark aspect... A very good atmosphere for a werewolf scene...

Good job ! :thumbup:

On 12/19/2018 at 2:15 PM, rodiziorobs said:

The figs have a lot of great details youve pulled from lots of different themes, but they all work together nicely. Obviously the trees and the portal itself are wonderful, but the figs are fantastic in their own right. :thumbup:

Thx! :)

On 12/19/2018 at 5:32 PM, sander1992 said:

That looks really great. :thumbup:

The portal and the trees are really great.

Thx :)

On 12/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, MAB said:

That part was around long before Nexo Knights. It was first in some large figures but then also used in a number of Chima sets. Whirling vines came with two dark green ones, especially good for plants, and anyone that collected a large gorilla army that way will have loads!

Oh, didn't know, I was at dark age at that time. Thx for the info! I know them, and have them, from Nexo. Nexo might not be good theme by itself but had A LOT of great parts.

On 12/22/2018 at 8:26 AM, Faladrin said:

Great !

The all build, with this landscaping gives it a dark aspect... A very good atmosphere for a werewolf scene...

Good job ! :thumbup:

Thx :) I was going for that kind of dark atmosphere. I am glad you can feel it :)

I am not really into LEGO Chima series, but the landscape is so great. I like also the weird atmosphere :)