ExeSandbox

MOC: Container House

I saw an image of a container house somewhere and I thought "Hey, I should build that in LEGO..." Fast forward a year and I finally got to making it. It also gave me the opportunity to play around with some angles with both the containers and decor elements. (I didn't place the stuffs on a single stud and just rotate it (except for the tiles leading to the door, but each of them is still connected to a stud). I relied on the probability of stud connections for a certain angle, for solidity. Not cheating :grin:)

Also thought it would be cool to differentiate the wall texture on each of the containers.The back panels of the containers can be hinged open to reveal the inside, which is also fully detailed (and totally clean too..., somehow I can't build dirty houses). Aside from that, there are many details to spot for. :wink:

44550523600_8ca1f0ec30_b.jpg

46367351721_c8e7793aa1_b.jpg

45454722585_9dd4b56cbe_b.jpg

32495582008_6959d84639_b.jpg

More images can be seen at my Flickr page

It's looking great. I'm busy with containerhouses myself, interiordesign and stuff. Lego is another hobby so .. to see that, what I'm busy with (hope it's a bit good english?) made of Lego, it's great. It seems to be 40' containers, right?

Besides the containers itself the whole stuff looks great. the Whole picture. Like the colorscheme and stuff and also a lot of details. Like the workbench, the mailbox ... Also the crates in the 'backgarden'. Gives me new ideas :classic:

11 hours ago, carebear said:

Jaw, Dropping Good!!!! Amazing!!!

Love the streetlight

Thanks fot this!!!

Greetings!

Thanks! I'm always happy to share :laugh:

3 hours ago, neonic said:

It's looking great. I'm busy with containerhouses myself, interiordesign and stuff. Lego is another hobby so .. to see that, what I'm busy with (hope it's a bit good english?) made of Lego, it's great. It seems to be 40' containers, right?

Besides the containers itself the whole stuff looks great. the Whole picture. Like the colorscheme and stuff and also a lot of details. Like the workbench, the mailbox ... Also the crates in the 'backgarden'. Gives me new ideas :classic:

Wow, you're working on Container Houses too? Can't wait to see it! 

And yes, my Container House is based off of 40' long containers. 

Looks so unique, love it! I just love all the different textures, the angles, the SNOT windows and the printed Wall tile that is probably put there to tell that it's a wall... :tongue: The lamppost is one of my favorite details- it's pretty impressive and has some NPU in it! The interior looks great, it fits well with the exterior style. :classic: Keep the great work up! :thumbup:

Amazing! Container homes are not what they used to be. I've seen many lately, turned into fancy offices as an extension to a building that cannot be extended by bricks. I really like the colorful display of angled containers. Adding hinged panels was smart to make the interior easily seen.

Simply amazing! One of the best MOCs I've ever seen! 

You did an amazing job on the details, I enjoyed watching the photos a lot.

Thank you for sharing this great build! 

2 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Looks so unique, love it! I just love all the different textures, the angles, the SNOT windows and the printed Wall tile that is probably put there to tell that it's a wall... :tongue: The lamppost is one of my favorite details- it's pretty impressive and has some NPU in it! The interior looks great, it fits well with the exterior style. :classic: Keep the great work up! :thumbup:

Wow, I didn't know I did such a good job. I wish I could look at this model with fresh eyes. :laugh: 

57 minutes ago, jpx said:

Simply amazing! One of the best MOCs I've ever seen! 

You did an amazing job on the details, I enjoyed watching the photos a lot.

Thank you for sharing this great build! 

Thank a lot! 

And you're welcome too.:grin:

Staggering Brilliant. I’ve been a fan of container homes for a few years and you’ve managed to capture the possibilities you have with them perfectly. Some wonderful little touches in there too. 

You should consider making and selling the instructions. 

fantastic stuff