brickbuilder711

GFLUG Tampa Show Coverage

Apologies if there is a separate board for train shows that this belongs better in.

I just got home after a weekend of operating and manning a layout with fellow GFLUG members at the twice annual train show in Tampa, FL.

This has historically been my most visited show, my 7th time in the Fairgrounds, and was quite a doozy with half of the club unfortunately down with the cold myself included, bleak weather, but on a far brighter note, tease tease, a lot of interesting and new features on display.

A modular corner I built made its first appearance, and a railroad attraction from Plant City made its first major appearance. An amazing true to self MOC of the Orlando, FL Amtrak Station made its first ever appearance, on a fellow member's side. We worked on it the night prior up until 1AM! Barely any sleep ensued. For the first time in two years, the Downtown Tampa skyline started to return. A new member brought spaceport stuff. A giant amusement park was added.

I'm starting to divulge the various media. I have a couple high res (automatically embedded here with some sort of resize) photos but one video as well, at this point the video more so showcases the layout in the eyes of chasing my Brightline set around as a teaser of the layout's details, but a walkthrough will follow.

Orlando Amtrak StationRollercoasterDowntown Tampa Revived

Thank you guys! 

Slowly distributing more media with time. Plant City Depot, Derailment, and an onboard POV of the video to put you in the minifigure's perspective:

Plant City Depot and Willaford MuseumOops

Thank you for sharing.  Great layout. The POV looks like a upper level ride in the Amtrak Superliner cars.  I gotta remember to do a passenger view for my next POV.

That's a massive amount of LEGO to transport.  How is that giant crate structured internally? 

Thank you guys!

The giant crate hauls two pieces of the rollercoaster module. It does feel like an upper level ride, that is correct. All hinges on the positioning of my iPhone camera. 

I have two more pics before I share the walkthrough video:

Modular TownPinellas County

Don't mean to double up but here's the video for all to see... Long, long coverage... Highlights are in the video description

This is the last content I have from the event so, enjoy! A special train operation with a massive schnabel car is in this video

@brickbuilder711

I finally got around to watching the video.   Y'all have an impressive layout.   I like how you've simulated familiar buildings/industries 

I have two questions 

- is there any more info/pictures on the working hand car (being pulled earlier in the video? 

Also is there more info on the roller coaster...  This looks to be similar to the one that stood in the fairgrounds in Atlanta ?

On 12/26/2018 at 2:52 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

@brickbuilder711

I finally got around to watching the video.   Y'all have an impressive layout.   I like how you've simulated familiar buildings/industries 

I have two questions 

- is there any more info/pictures on the working hand car (being pulled earlier in the video? 

Also is there more info on the roller coaster...  This looks to be similar to the one that stood in the fairgrounds in Atlanta ?

Thanks!

1. Not too much as far as I know, looks Lone Ranger-y

2. I think it uses something called SBricks it was a custom job by James Burrows and he took it well across the country, and I believe it is a Cedar Point coaster.

On 12/25/2018 at 8:24 PM, brickbuilder711 said:

This is the last content I have from the event so, enjoy! A special train operation with a massive schnabel car is in this video

I like the csx train and tropicana factory shown in 19:30 of this video.

Are there any photos of that part available?

Great show btw :wink:

5 hours ago, AE bricks said:

I like the csx train and tropicana factory shown in 19:30 of this video.

Are there any photos of that part available?

Great show btw :wink:

Sure! And thanks!

Tropicana Industry