Sign in to follow this  
ProvenceTristram

[MOC] White Pass & Yukon (and Tweetsie, and Dollywood, etc.) s118 2-8-2 Narrow Gauge Locomotive

These were the most common engines produced during WWII, and are still fairly prevalent in steam railroading - a number of U.S. railroads either run them or have one in storage, and a few more are scattered throughout Australia and southeastern Asia. This particular example was modeled after White Pass & Yukon #190, which is currently still operating at the Tweetsie Railroad. However, it could be converted to any of the others with pretty minor cosmetic changes.

Proto:

1TZbFG4.jpg

WAZoDT6.jpg

ZXfi4tJ.jpg

rvmHmEi.jpg

Model:

AnQEpc2.png

uKXY3By.png

dd2gVnv.png

VEuApaG.png

2Z5eKge.png

I'm considering doing some JNR 3'6" stuff over the holidays, but the loading gauge is almost as large as American standard gauge (just to put it in perspective, JNR cape gauge locomotives are typically about 9 feet, 6 inches wide; the American SP 4449 4-8-4 is an even 10' wide. So I'd essentially be producing standard gauge trains with narrow gauge wheels. Not sure how I feel about that, but I will look into it).

Edited by ProvenceTristram

STOP THIS MADNESS, you are knocking out beautiful locomotives faster than I can read the posts!!! That said, looking good (great use of the crowbar)

2 minutes ago, zephyr1934 said:

STOP THIS MADNESS, you are knocking out beautiful locomotives faster than I can read the posts!!! That said, looking good (great use of the crowbar)

Is it wrong that I am presently about 25% done with another? :P I won't finish it until at least Tuesday - have to fly cross country tomorrow.