What Has Past-

Chapter 3
-What Has Past-

Chapter 4
-Grevling Manor
-House Raising Party
-Survival
-Grevling Manor Great Hall

Not everyone who lives in Mitgardia is a law abiding citizen. 

Minotaur's Lair

Certain denizens call the frozen north of Historica their home, but they choose to live hidden away. Alistair's band of Minotaurs is one such group.

800x348.jpg

They prey on local farmers throughout the area, seizing crops and releasing livestock. Many Minotaurs have come to accept that cattle can be used as beasts of burden without insulting the Minotaur race, but Alistair wants better for the animals that share such resemblance with his kind.

800x591.jpg

They have made their home in a large cave about 20 miles outside Dalig Ulv. There they plan their next ventures.

800x682.jpg

Very nice cave.  I like the rockwork on the outside of the cave, the snow effect is a great touch.  The trees are great, i always like the way they look with the underwater pieces.  I like that you added a interior too, gives the build another dimension.  

The cave rock work, trees and snow are all very nice. I love the clan of Minotaur freedom fighters. The Bovine Liberation Front? The interior is nice too but the gap at the back, while good for lighting, makes the cave look a bit odd. I don’t know if a backdrop there and detachable roof for light would have made for better interior shots.

Very good stuff though! Looking forward to a scuffle between the different groups.

I like the rocky outcropping and the minotaurs' cave. The trees are also nice, especially those dead (or just dormant, one can't tell in winter) ones made with robot arms, nipples, various bars, clips, and modified plates, and wands -- nice piece usages, indeed! I have two main points of critique: the first is that the dark brown base is so flat under the snow and rock; I think it would have looked better to have built that up a bit to give it more depth, and even just a slight elevation change in the dark brown part (obviously you have elevation change, but that is the rock and snow, which seem just placed on top of a flat surface) would have helped spice up the visual interest. Second, I will echo Muakhah and say that the cave is too tunnel-like for my taste -- is the depicted structure supposed to have a hole on both ends, or is that a convenience for the purpose of photography? It does make it look strange, in my opinion, even if the light source is vital to have any pictures turn out. It makes the tunnel interior too bright, with daylight-colored light, too, whereas some warm glow, like torches and fire would supply, could make for a very interesting interior scene. That said, again, I love the trees, and I enjoy the focus on non-human races of Historica. 

On 12/16/2018 at 11:28 PM, Muakhah said:

The interior is nice too but the gap at the back, while good for lighting, makes the cave look a bit odd. I don’t know if a backdrop there and detachable roof for light would have made for better interior shots.

On 12/17/2018 at 3:01 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Second, I will echo Muakhah and say that the cave is too tunnel-like for my taste -- is the depicted structure supposed to have a hole on both ends, or is that a convenience for the purpose of photography? It does make it look strange, in my opinion, even if the light source is vital to have any pictures turn out. It makes the tunnel interior too bright, with daylight-colored light, too, whereas some warm glow, like torches and fire would supply, could make for a very interesting interior scene.

Maybe it would have helped if I had posted a picture of the backside of the MOC. The whole cave is just a small part of a larger hill. So the back shows a cut-out. Does that help explain the cave better?

Nice muted color palette and very fitting location for a group of outcasts/bandits :thumbup:

Love the trees as well as the atmosphere. Really like the idea of a group of minotaurs too :thumbup:

The atmosphere is the strong point here. I agree with Henj that the ground is too flat but disagree with Nergoue about the large rock pieces. Those are fine if well-used, as they are here. Mostly because you didn't rely on them, you just mixed them into some really good (I'm jealous) rock-work.

Those trees are insanely cool, and you've done a really good job creating a rock cave. 

Very nice build! There aren't enough Minotaur builds out there. Good job on the concept, terrain and trees.

What a fun build!  I like the minotaur cave--it seems very natural.  The snow hanging in spots around it looks good, and the larger snow bank near the trees looks nice as well.  The trees are great, and you make good use of that building technique.  Very nice job all around, with a good story to boot.  I look forward to more!

Excellent wintry setting with the combination of barren and spiky pine trees, plenty of snow, and reddish brown ground :thumbup:
Very fun seeing some new races developed in Mitgardia, and these minotaurs look like a rough bunch to cross paths with!