henrysunset

2019 LEGO Architecture

Loving those tiny staircases! A really awesome microscale technique I hadn't seen in sets before.

Howd they make the stairs? They seem like a new piece. Theyre not the 1x2 brick with grill, cause its clearly a perfect stair pattern instead of that grill texture. Seems like its a new slope piece with a stair pattern. 

Edit: Seems like it could be these panel parts stacked sideways

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=30413#T=P

Edited by chezzymann

I agree, I think it's those panels stacked sideways. Will have to see.

That's a decent solution they've gone with for the pediment on the National Gallery, so that's nice.

Yup, its definitely that. You can see it from this render. Super clever technique! 

7D4aoeC.png

Edited by chezzymann

I am loving the new Empire State Building although I dont even want to know how wallet-bustingly expensive it will be here in Oz...

What are the UK release dates for Trafalgar Square and ESB? My birthday is in a couple of weeks.....

I see Trafalgar is 'launched' on 27th April in London, hopefully it will continue to be available for purchase from then as visiting there on May 8th.

I was told official release date is 23 May other than the Leicester Sq store event tomorrow. But expect they’ll continue to be available instore prior to that...well, as long as stocks last.

Here’s another pic of the back of Traf Sq...looks like the 3 walls remove off the jumper plates for access to the “gallery”. Nice touch. Adds value to the £69.99 / €74.99 RRP.

2gsk83q.png

Edited by Lucarex

13 hours ago, Lucarex said:

I was told official release date is 23 May other than the Leicester Sq store event tomorrow. But expect they’ll continue to be available instore prior to that...well, as long as stocks last.

Here’s another pic of the back of Traf Sq...looks like the 3 walls remove off the jumper plates for access to the “gallery”. Nice touch. Adds value to the £69.99 / €74.99 RRP.

2gsk83q.png

Interesting that this set seems to use two out of the three types of "rainbow tiles" that were briefly visible on brickinside.com among other unreleased parts for this year before the site updated to prevent unreleased parts from being visible in their parts database. The third doesn't seem to be included, and I had been under the assumption that all three would be in the now delayed "Dots" accessory theme originally intended for this year. If that's the case, it's interesting to see these ones showing up early, and in an architecture set no less!

Official release date now confirmed as June 1st. Hoping the 23 May date I was told is still valid for VIPs

On 4/26/2019 at 10:25 PM, Lyichir said:

Interesting that this set seems to use two out of the three types of "rainbow tiles"

Sorry, I seem to be out of it. What's a "rainbow tile"?

3 hours ago, jimmynick said:

Sorry, I seem to be out of it. What's a "rainbow tile"?

Tiles with rainbow printing. The three that were briefly revealed on BrickInside's parts database before unreleased parts were taken offline included the 1x1 tile in the left room (with five stripes of color) as well as the two in the right room (with the same five stripes emerging from a cloud). There was a third such tile revealed on the site, a 1x1 quarter circle tile with those same five stripes of color that would have allowed you to use them together for some sort of rainbow border or path, but it doesn't seem to be in this set, unless perhaps it's hiding on the walls that can't be seen from this perspective.

I had assumed that these tiles, along with some other similar tiles with decorations like unicorns, were intended for the "Dots" jewelry/accessory theme that was a planned release for this year but either cancelled or postponed before being announced or released, according to some retailers privy to that kind of information. It's nice to see that if so, these two tiles, at least, are seeing release in this set regardless.

Edited by Lyichir

Oh I see what you mean now, I initially thought it was code for something. Got it, thanks for explaining :thumbup:

Forgot to update on this, I bought this on May 8th in London - there were loads of them in stock there

Added the San Francisco Skyline to my collection recently (won it at a club event) and its really good. I love how they did the forced perspective for the Golden Gate Bridge.

Hi everyone I’ve just bought the new Lego Architecture Empire State Building set 21046 it is out on June 1st in the U.K. and some other countries. I don’t know why it is not being released in the States until August. I’m looking forward to building it.  Do you think the Lego Architecture Statue of Liberty will still be for sale this Christmas? I hope to get both sets I just don’t want it to retire in the immediate future. I bought the set I wanted the most first. I know the U.S Capitol Building is still for sale and it came out in 2016 so that gives me hope. 

Trafalgar Square looks great but I prefer sets that are just buildings.

Happy building everyone I look forward to seeing the future architecture sets that come out. 

BDF54BEE-5CBE-4602-8A0A-DC1CB0BE65D4.jpeg

What is interesting is a remark in the blog entry for this video on zusammengebaut.com. It is just a part of a longer video, which will be published „for reasons“ in a few months.

Does anyone know if there are other rumors for architecture sets or is this designer working on other interesting stuff being published this year (d2c or anything)?

16 hours ago, blueduck37 said:

Curious what people's thoughts on the skyline sets... what cities not done yet have skylines that would work well in a LEGO set?

Dubai, Barcelona, Hong Kong, and I could see Tokyo happening next year to coincide with the Olympics, though it might be a bit awkward for it to share shelf space with Paris. So far there's been an American city every year, but there's no obvious contender now that the three most iconic skylines in the country, and also Las Vegas, have all been done.