Joseph R

I can't Pick a Brick!

I live in a place where no lego stores are near me, like the closest one to me is about an hour away. I want to stock up on lego because I am running out of them, and used bricklink orders, but I want to get new pieces as well. So I am wondering if anyone living in California, or the United States, can ship to me a large cup of pieces, particularly plates and bricks? I am willing to pay like $17 more for shipping & handling.

You can buy Legos from Lego online shop "replacement bricks". Shipping takes a little bit longer but you get what you want and it's brand new. Plus they give you VIP points if you're a member.

26 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

You can buy Legos from Lego online shop "replacement bricks". Shipping takes a little bit longer but you get what you want and it's brand new. Plus they give you VIP points if you're a member.

I am aware of the online shop. Actually, now I am interested in whether buying from the online store is more cheaper than what I first said!

I really hope they'll add a LEGO store to my country at some point, mainly for the pick-a-brick walls and events.

Traveling to Belgium, Germany or UK is just too much, even while I do realize distances in the US are much bigger and Asia(beside Shanghai)/Africa/South America/Oceania have no stores either.

Never figured out why there hasn't been one added to one of the bigger cities here.

Edited by TeriXeri

I read somewhere that Lego stores, discovery centers,etc. are not acyually LEGO. They are owned and operated by another company thru contract with TLG.

2 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

I read somewhere that Lego stores, discovery centers,etc. are not acyually LEGO. They are owned and operated by another company thru contract with TLG.

LEGO Brand Retail stores (USA & Canada) are the ones owned by TLG.  These are the stores that run the promotions you see in the monthly store calendars.  If it says LEGOLAND, seperate company, owned by Merlin Entertainment.  Certified (Asia, non-central Europe, Australia) I cannot be sure so I won't say anything for sure.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:11 AM, Joseph R said:

I live in a place where no lego stores are near me, like the closest one to me is about an hour away. I want to stock up on lego because I am running out of them, and used bricklink orders, but I want to get new pieces as well. So I am wondering if anyone living in California, or the United States, can ship to me a large cup of pieces, particularly plates and bricks? I am willing to pay like $17 more for shipping & handling.

An hour isn't too bad though, is it?  Judging by how different stores PAB inventories are, it may be worth it to be a bit more specific in what you are looking for.  Yes, it can be cheaper to buy from the PAB walls providing they have what you are looking for.  And, of course, I think Bricks & Pieces is shut down for the holidays until February.

You can also call ahead to the LEGO Store and inquire what they have on the Pick A Brick wall before deciding to make the trip.  Around here a typical commute is over an hour and then some.  Driving an hour to the LEGO Store is normal, business as usual, every day driving.  :laugh:

You can get free shipping with the online Pick A Brick (not Brick&Pieces) if you buy enough to qualify.

11 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

time to discover Bricklink

I know what Bricklink is and I used it before. I just figured buying random pieces at Pick a Brick would help me increase my inventory, without having to deal with price-per-brick in sets or risks in bulk parts from other sellers.