Sign in to follow this  
Sariel

[REVIEW] 1H 2019 Video Reviews by Sariel

Here we go. I only got the sets a few days ago, so I will be adding videos in this post as they get published:

42096 Porsche 911 RSR:

42095 Remote-Controlled Tracked Racer:

42065 VS 42095:

42095: Power Functions VS BuWizz:

42094 Tracked Loader:

42093 Corvette ZR1:

42092 Rescue Helicopter: 

42091 Police Pursuit:

42090 Getaway Truck:

42088 Cherry Picker:

Edited by Sariel

Thank you very much for the review.

The front suspension looks very wobbly and only the fenders are new parts. no must have now.

On 42096: Nice review @Sariel, very complete as always. Somehow I'm still torn between (pro) it's looks and recoloured parts and (con) the lack of functions + load of stickers and (sloppy) printed arches to accomplish the looks. Will only get this when it's discounted enough to justify it as a large parts pack...

Edited by Rudivdk

42095 review added to the first post.

5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Hooray! Another engine you can't bloody see.

Porsche: we have cool engines you're never going to see ;)

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

42095 review added to the first post.

Porsche: we have cool engines you're never going to see ;)

Porsche: We want our products to look great.

Mercedes: Surly having them function properly is more important? 

Porsche: Naaaah. Looking good is all that matters.

Mercedes: 

Thanks for the great reviews and highlighting the new / recolored parts which I always look forward to seeing.  The new 911 will make a great parts pack as others have mentioned.  I'm really looking forward to using the white curved 3x11s.

The Corvette review is here, also added it to the first post. I'm afraid that Jim is a much kinder man than I am :)

42093: Corvette ZR1

Hm. I think you said it pretty well when you said that the set might have been a test to see if smaller sized licenced cars are a good idea or not.

Also, indeed, no opening doors, hood or trunk is kind of a bummer.

I'm a bit surprised you find it ugly though. I think it looks really nice. Just not like a Corvette. But even then, with 600 parts and all the limitations official designers need to work with, I'm not sure much more is possible. I think the problem here is the licence. Maybe, had you reviewed the B-model as if it were the A model, you'd be more positive - it has the same (two…) functions, but no licence to compare the looks with. And looking at it that way, it's a cool hot-rod set whose B-model is a nice Corvette :)

Also, sure, it's $49, but in Euro land, it seems to be €39, not €49. And for €39, I think it's a good deal.

But yeah, it's still too limited in functions. I might still get one for the pieces though. I like how it's an orange set that's actually full of orange.

I think the essential problem here is the use of Technic pieces at this scale. If this set used mostly System pieces for the body, it would look closer to the real thing and more detailed, simply because System pieces can go below 1 stud in size. But since LEGO chose to use Technic pieces only, the result looks crude because they're simply too large to allow much detail and accuracy at this scale. Also, I agree it doesn't look bad, but I think this is largely due to the nice color combo (orange + black works every time). If this car's body color was mixed, say blue and yellow, I think it would look worse.

Ha ha ha very funny video :laugh:

But it shows playability level if both sets very realistic :thumbup:

Despite I do not play in the dirt anymore (I'm to old for it), I have decided to buy this set - it has also very usefull parts collection and there are new xl sprocket wheels :wub:

4 hours ago, Sariel said:

The 42065 VS 42095 duel isn't as obvious as it might seem

It's the best outcome to have, really. It means that if 2 kids decide to do an obstacle course with their tracked racers, both have chances of winning. It would be boring if one outperformed the other on all parts. :classic:

Sariel, is the IR receiver in 42095 a V2 receiver? I thought that the normal receiver cant handle two L motors, hence the V2 being used in the crawler

Either way, seems like 42065 has the superior chassis, and would win decisively if equiped with L motors rather then M

It's appears to be a V1 receiver. There is only one motor per output here, not two like in the Crawler.

Edited by Sariel