@Seasider with rear bigger 49.5 tires it could look like this:

1932-ford-all-steel-392-hemi-incredible-

@efferman front looks much smoother now. When this set will be available here in Croatia you all will make all those wonderful modifications that I will be left nothing but to implement them :grin:

Edited by I_Igor

Unfortunately not made yet. But there is a third pair of fenders inside and the 42088 cherrypicker is recommended, because a type of part is only available in this set.

45888431874_335ca0df60_c.jpgIMG_0761 by Michael Wirth, auf Flickr

Edited by efferman

Pics of my mods so far (messinging with the B-model for now)

I smoothed out the front end and tried to highlight it's more recognizable shapes without adding too many pieces, I opted for the newer Corvetter Stingray style spoiler, as I like how it shapes the rear, though it's not accurate to the ZR1

20190106_075455.jpg

20190106_075516.jpg

20190106_081004.jpg

It looks more smooth than original. Really good mod for this size :thumbup:

I thought that the Corvette hood opened the other way, towards the front. I do like the idea of an opening hood though. 

Yes, it opens the other way  and hood does not include fenders, but it is very small set, so there are limited possibilities :wink:

16 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I thought that the Corvette hood opened the other way, towards the front. I do like the idea of an opening hood though. 

You are right! I was going by memory, opening the other way would likely be easier to achieve though, I was going based on memory and my limited knowledge of newer Vettes, my mistake lol

I've just finished building my copy which arrived today, and it turns out to be wayyy better than I thought!

It feels like a mini 42056. The combination of orange and black under room light looks really awesome, and the model has some kinda glow effect.

And it fits right into a need I don't know I have. After the 42056 and the 42083, I was kinda fed up with spending a bunch of hours just for 2000 piece body work. The fact that I'm slipping into a Dark Age also feeds into this. Then here comes the Corvette. It looks good enough and small enough for a quick after-work evening build. I wouldnt be surprised if this series of small licensed supercars one day replaces the series of big premium supercars.

So I have been looking at this model sitting on my shelf now for about a month. With each passing day I dislike it more and more, orange car yes, Corvette no. This set just doesn't live up to what it is supposed to represent. 

To me not only does it look bad but if you "play" with it the wheels will fall off and the HOG steering is inconveniently located making it even harder to play with. 

I am glad I got it though just for the parts, although since it is a licensed set it wasn't very economical.

I dislike this set so much it now goes into the vast parts bin, never again to see the light of day. Maybe I will take a stab at a B model for a week or so first though. 

I think LEGO should refrain from trying to recreate licensed Technic  car sets at this scale it just doesn't work out right.

Funny I did the same thing, the back tyres wouldn't go on all the way though, without modifying the inner fender walls a bit, mostly it was hitting on a black connector. 

That is actually what got me looking at this set again. I do think those rims don't look right on that car, style wise anyway. I do love those rims though and can see myself using them extensively in other MOCs. 

Just a note that this set comes with the 9 of the 1L beam in LBG. Seems there's 1 of them also in 42096, and a bunch in various creator sets (e.g. hulk buster), so not a 'new' recolor, but a handy one. Nice that this part is coming in more colours - works in many spots where a bush might otherwise be used, but is smoother.

(I also reckon the set looks more like a Corvette in the brick than it does in photos - it was a fun build).

On 3/5/2019 at 5:02 PM, Johnny1360 said:

So I have been looking at this model sitting on my shelf now for about a month. With each passing day I dislike it more and more, orange car yes, Corvette no.

Well, i agree with you. I didn´t expect much, but as i built it i am very ... disapointed is not the right word, but the more the build progressed the more i realised how my money was thrown out of the window. I Knew before it would be ugly as f**k, i knew it had no funktions, i knew there wouldn´t be any hoods or doors to be opened. I knew it was bad, but i didn´t expected it to be that bad. The dorrs are flappy, the construction is *ugh*. I dislike this thing very much, and i think even the 28€ are 28€ to much for this "Gelumpe", even if you don´t expect this to be a cool Corvette.So i gave 30€ for some spare parts without use.

I would give it a 0 out of 5 stars.

Ouch! The feedback in this thread is not looking nice for this model. I have a couple of new takes on the model, as shown in the review:

The new points I bring to the table are:

- Ford and Chevy are long time rivals, and now Ford gets the Creator Mustang which is much more accurately looking.

- The LEGO Technic ZR1 doesn't get ZR1-specific details right! The Spoiler is (most likely) supposed to be the high downforce version, but for that it points the wrong way and is too small. The end caps of the splitter are also not present. The supercharger is only barely presented in the LEGO model. This is one of the defining features of the ZR1 due to its massive size. The wheels are not even staggered!

The smaller model is actually not a ZR1, but a C7.R built from these building instructions: https://brickhub.org/i/220

but with a new lower front, real, spoiler, and some other minor details.

My conclusion is that I have to echo you who say it is a parts bag. I will, however, retract my previous point that the Speed Champions look more like a 'Vette. Both official sets fall way short.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:44 PM, Steinbeisserheld said:

Well, i agree with you. I didn´t expect much, but as i built it i am very ... disapointed is not the right word, but the more the build progressed the more i realised how my money was thrown out of the window. I Knew before it would be ugly as f**k, i knew it had no funktions, i knew there wouldn´t be any hoods or doors to be opened. I knew it was bad, but i didn´t expected it to be that bad. The dorrs are flappy, the construction is *ugh*. I dislike this thing very much, and i think even the 28€ are 28€ to much for this "Gelumpe", even if you don´t expect this to be a cool Corvette.So i gave 30€ for some spare parts without use.

I would give it a 0 out of 5 stars.

Well, after a while i feel the urge to reconsider my verdict. Ok, i didn´t like that failed attempt of a Corvette then, and that didn´t change very much. But there are two additional aspects i did´t pay much attention.

1.) There´s a new set coming, the 42098 "Car Transporter" with a car in the size of the Corvette and plenty of unused place. With the Corvette combines to this Car Transporter the Corvette is less useless.

2.) Because i didn´t like the Corvette very much i fell in old habbits and did some "crahs tests" with it, just as in much earlier times when i played with Lego, and i can confirm the Corvette does take a lot of heat. You can run it to the wall, let iot roll several times or just let it drop from the desk (approximately 1 Meter) without shattering in many pieces. Sometimes it will loose 1 or 2 little parts but it  is no big deal to "repair" it. (I am very surprised how rough you have to treat it for that, given how "wobbely" it´s structure is)

My new verdict: Even if we AFOLs have a lot of fun with some Lego sets Lego used to be a toy. The Corvette surely sucks as a display model, but it is a nearly perfect toy for kids who doesn´t treat their stuff gently and doesn´t give a s**t about the technique or the details

Edited by Steinbeisserheld

This is the first set I have built in 8 years (impulse purchase). I quite like it, sure it is not perfect especially from the back but based on what I paid for it I don't regret my purchase. I hope they make more cars in this scale like a Mustang, Camaro, Viper, Charger etc.

Edited by dabo

I didn't like the Lego set 42093  at first when I first built it. It was to simple and I thought it was good for parts.. then I done a 4x4 mod on it and then I realized how the uni-body design and the front end looked like a snake head!! its crude yet it fits the bill..   you got to check out this video..  the uni-body can takes some hard hits!!

Well, since i bought and built this set today, i figured i should give my revised opinion.

Ever since seeing the first pics and reading reviews i was quite negative about the ZR1, i figured that technic cars simply dont work in this scale, and detested the weird pushrod engine. After building it though, i quite like the concept of the engine, as it is pretty much correct in terms of scale for this car, and kind of shakes things up compared to the normal fake engine. Furthermore, i rather like that they made the small wheel arches, and managed to make something vaguely resembling an actual car in this scale in technic. Comparing it to other lego themes isnt entirely fair though, the F40 for instance is the same size-ish, but 2.5x the price. (and muuuuch better looking)

Criticisms then:

- The wing... even if they were going for the performance pack wing, it is at least on stud too high, i lowered it one stud, and it looks much better, as in, it isnt a full stud out above the roof line of the car

- The engine. Different from the normale fake engine they managed to get the cross-plane crank in there (all regular fake engines have a flat plane crank), but they messed up the order, as usual (lego messes up the crank on an I-4 as well, checkout 42037), which i fixed after looking up the correct crank form. Further, im kinda spooked everytime i turn the model upside down because of all the loose engine rods whobling back and forth. Its a bit unnerving when you arent used to loose parts.

- The tires, they are both too small and too slim, it looks like the corvette is sitting on the wheel of some small shopping cart. Ive tried some other sizes i have available (49.5x20, 43x22) and while the 49.5s fill out the wheel arch very nicely, it gives the car an extra 3mm ride height at the back, and to avoid rubbing on the door panel mounts, they need to sit outside the wheel arches, would be fine if you are going for a drag-car, but that isnt my prefered aesthetic. Overall i think 49.5s would work if the car could drop a stud down, but then i suppose you end up in trouble at the front with the wheels rubbing during steering.

- The general shape/styling. I cant really fault the designer, but i feel like technic isnt really suited to making something licensed at this scale, from some angles it looks passable, from some it looks just plain bad. Maybe the designers will grow into it (Speed champions got a LOT better in the years following the first wave), but i dont think there is much potential for a long running line of these types of cars, at least not in a collectable sense. The concept is cool but limited (no space for cool stuff like the bugatti geartbox etc..), and the looks simply arent awesome display model grade.

That said, im quite happy with it, it was an entertaining build, and will prove both an interesting base for modifications, and a nice parts pack for smaller scale cars.