Well, a few weeks ago i bought 2 sets from the late 2018 wave. The Corvette and this Porsche. I don´t like the Corvette  at all, but i like the Porsche very much, although its design has some flaws.

Let´s have a look on the things i find great. First, i like the design of this Porsche, the paint scheme, the shape, and it is a real racecar, no sportly mixed version of a street car. After i bouit this set i´m amazed for all the little details i didn´t expect. The lugnuts, the antennas, the window wiper. The suspension actually works, not like that one from the bugatti which hangs on the bottom because the car is too heavy. I like this set. Really. :wub:

But as i said, the design has some flaws, the two biggest isuses are the wheels which are way to small, and the frontend which ist way to long. The thing with the wheels could be solved easily. Ok, it is not so easy to get the right tyres to combine them with the rims, presumably it should be easier to get the hands on some wheels from the 42056, but since they are way to wide for this set it would be a bigger effort to modify the body to get them into the wheelhouses. But that´s something one can manage. The second big issue is the frontend which is to long. Ok, they wanted to do it the easy way and use the turntables for the frontsplitter, that defines the length from the wheelhouse to the frontend, that´s the reason i didnt come up with a solution yet. And then there are more minor flaws like e.g. the frogeyes, the absence of a transmisson, etc. One  more thing: This set has way to much stickers. 2 sheets with stickers. White stickers on white panels. That would be an issue i want to criticize.

To be realistic:This set is much more affordable than the 42056, so there are limits for the efford to find solutions. For half the price there won´t be a transmission. and there will be simple solutions with parts they have in their shelf. That explains the small tyres, the tunrtables, and the frogeyes. I think theses things are forgivable given the pricing compared to the 42056 or even the 42083 Bugatti. While we are talking about the Bugatti: The doors on the 42096 are way more solid than on the 42083, but i guess that hurdle wouldn´t be too high, wouldn´t it? :laugh:

My verdict: I like this set, it has some flaws, there surely is some room for improvements, but altogether i would give an 4 out of 5 stars.

11 minutes ago, Steinbeisserheld said:

Well, a few weeks ago i bought 2 sets from the late 2018 wave. The Corvette and this Porsche. I don´t like the Corvette  at all, but i like the Porsche very much, although its design has some flaws.

Both of those sets are from 1H 2019, bud.

Well,  these sets were officially available since December, 27th, so i classified them as "lat 2018" instead of "early 2019". But we don´t want to argue about those little insignificances. :innocent2:

5 hours ago, Steinbeisserheld said:

Well,  these sets were officially available since December, 27th, so i classified them as "lat 2018" instead of "early 2019". But we don´t want to argue about those little insignificances. :innocent2:

About previous post; you can use tires from 42000 set to have 81.6 diameter tire like on 42056, although it is different rim...

2 hours ago, I_Igor said:

About previous post; you can use tires from 42000 set to have 81.6 diameter tire like on 42056, although it is different rim...

Thanks, a good idea. I will consider it. :thumbup: