Bregir

[Rules] Pirate Hideouts

Well, I for one, think this is a great addition! I agree that pirates should definitely get a boost since they are the least funded faction. That, and I like the idea of destroying those secret hideouts! However, I'm still waiting for those land combat rules to come into play... possibly, maybe, sometime, soonish??? :excited: With soonish being a relative term of course... :grin:

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Well, I for one, think this is a great addition! I agree that pirates should definitely get a boost since they are the least funded faction. That, and I like the idea of destroying those secret hideouts! However, I'm still waiting for those land combat rules to come into play... possibly, maybe, sometime, soonish??? :excited: With soonish being a relative term of course... :grin:

:O I thought I missed out on the land rules .. was actually looking for them yesterday. because they where 'soonish' when I left for sea 4,5 months ago

1 minute ago, Bart said:

:O I thought I missed out on the land rules .. was actually looking for them yesterday. because they where 'soonish' when I left for sea 4,5 months ago

I think land combat rules are still months away. We're making progress on some aspects, but they're not imminent.

Just now, Capt Wolf said:

but they're not imminent.

*starts a private war to make things imminent

8 minutes ago, Bart said:

*starts a private war to make things imminent*

The forts and soldiers of Mesabi Landing could use some target practice. You are welcome to provide some. :devil:

Just now, Drunknok said:

The forts and soldiers of Mesabi Landing could use some target practice. You are welcome to provide some. :devil:

My soldiers are mercenaries by nature, You can hire them!
The full Battalion for 100 db start up cost and another 100 db per round (mcra). Eventuel losses of soldiers are for my cost to replace. 

2 minutes ago, Bart said:

My soldiers are mercenaries by nature, You can hire them!
The full Battalion for 100 db start up cost and another 100 db per round (mcra). Eventuel losses of soldiers are for my cost to replace.

Are your troops even trustworthy? Have they seen combat - and succeeded? I find this offer to be pretty dubious.

Show me - and the rest of the Brick Seas - wht your self-proclaimed "mercenaries" can do. Raid some settlement of value, let them show their battle prowess. Then we can talk. :wink:

They survived the wilderness of Fatu Hiva unscratched and went home rich, where many others lost their live or worse there sanity. 

Just now, Bart said:

They survived the wilderness of Fatu Hiva unscratched and went home rich, where many others lost their live or worse there sanity. 

None of this is more than hearsay from unreliable sources (at best). I demand actual proof!

Just now, Drunknok said:

None of this is more than hearsay from unreliable sources (at best). I demand actual proof!

*Actually won cat B of Challenge II * 

1 hour ago, Bart said:

Should someone do so, I am sure we will find some way of game mastering them, don't you worry ;)

36 minutes ago, Bart said:

*Actually won cat B of Challenge II * 

Hearsay from unreliable sources. I rest my case! :pir_tong2:

1 hour ago, Bart said:

Nope… I'm seriously looking forward to them though!

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

I think land combat rules are still months away. We're making progress on some aspects, but they're not imminent.

:cry2:

1 hour ago, Bart said:

Let's do it... Pick the battleground! :poke:

Side-note...

Not that I am saying you should or anything... but I'm a curious how Quinnsville would handle during a raid... with three forts and 120 troops... not that I saying anyone should of course... :grin:

Just now, LM71Blackbird said:

Not that I am saying you should or anything... but I'm a curious how Quinnsville would handle during a raid... with three forts and 120 troops... not that I saying anyone should of course... :grin:

I feel similar about Mesabi Landing - I would just love to see somebody try. :pir-grin:

On a related note @Bregir @Capt Wolf @Legostone @Phred: how is the "troop location" thing coming along? Right now I have no way of telling where all my troops are - makes planning a bit difficult. :wink:

I wouldn't mind sacking either one as a training exscersize so to speak, I wouldn't mind loosing some troops, they can be regenerated easily, but I don't want to loose my ship. 

10 minutes ago, Bart said:

I wouldn't mind sacking either one as a training exscersize so to speak, I wouldn't mind loosing some troops, they can be regenerated easily, but I don't want to loose my ship. 

You would not stand a chance with all the ships of your faction combined. :pir_tong2:

50 minutes ago, Bart said:

Hmm… Here's what I would propose:

Raid Quinnsville with what you've got. Since we really just want to give it a trial run, I'll personally take care of all the expenses that may transpire (i.e. I'll pay to have the Narwhal sister-shipped if she goes down or return her in the event of a capture). If she did sink, you could always say the crew abandoned her and made a getaway with a similar ship from the harbor.

35 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

You would not stand a chance with all the ships of your faction combined. :pir_tong2:

Lol... If only we could get that arranged... I would be eating so much popcorn...

Edited by LM71Blackbird
spelling

@Drunknok Maybe I'll drop my troops of at the beach just to the north and march on Mesabi Landingfrom the back side... 
Now I write this at thought occured, is that something that could be done in an amcra ? elaborate tactics, spies, planned warfair etc ?

@LM71Blackbird sounds fair, I'll get back to you about it. 

7 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Lol... If only we could get that arranged... I would by eating so much popcorn...

Sea Rats are a bunch of cowards, so I would delay that order of popcorn if I were you. :pir-grin:

Just now, Bart said:

@Drunknok Maybe I'll drop my troops of at the beach just to the north and march on Mesabi Landingfrom the back side... 
Now I write this at thought occured, is that something that could be done in an amcra ? elaborate tactics, spies, planned warfair etc ?

Nope, this is nothing covered by the game mechanics. To be honest: I think it is better this way. If you want a game with proper strategy and tactics, there are plenty available on the market.

For something set in the Age of Sail, with a great economic system and workable military and ship-to-ship combat, I highly recommend Anno 1503/1602/1701 (in that order).

Edited by Drunknok

19 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Sea Rats are a bunch of cowards, so I would delay that order of popcorn if I were you. :pir-grin:

Lol... Notice the key word of ''would'' in my original statement.

Registering Archer's Bight on July 28. 620.

As there no active Sea Rat hideouts, I propose that this will count as one.

Ah. Someone mentioned this to me yesterday (as I was frantically building this one) but it did not get through my thick skull that it was a hideout.  I mistook it for a colony.  Regardless, BB is in the wrong spot.